• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport is definitely my biggest disappointment of the year

Elysium44

Banned
At least they got the racing right. Just a big wtf on some of the other stuff.

Hopefully there's a big patch soon that gets everything else on track...

Did they? The offline AI is utterly atrocious, despite them lying about it being 'cutting edge'. And online the much-vaunted penalty system is completely broken, regularly punishing the innocent while letting the aggressor get off scot free.

Elysium44

Banned
I dunno how to explain it but my biggest complaint about the game is that it drives different depending in you position... I don't even know if it is true, but it is what I perceive.

The game did literally have that problem when it would make your car handle like a bar of soap if you had someone behind you, completely exaggerated aero wash - which they said they've since fixed (I can't confirm if they truly did or not).

xrnzaaas

Are you kidding me, how is that track not in it?!
It's not the only that's missing. You don't have Monza, Mount Panorama, Brands Hatch, Road Atlanta, Sebring and plenty of other iconic ones from past Forza games. Not to mention most of them (like Hockenheim from last month's update) don't need any big updates.

thief183

The game did literally have that problem when it would make your car handle like a bar of soap if you had someone behind you, completely exaggerated aero wash - which they said they've since fixed (I can't confirm if they truly did or not).
OMG are you telling me it was real?!?!? I need to test if it is fixed now!! That was my main grip with the game:)

Porticus

You are the one being dishonest and simply not objective, there's no denying that the lighting system of GT7 is leagues ahead of the one in Forza, from the actual light system to the sky/light simulation, and let's talk about the differences in car fidelity.
No they are not comparable, you simply can't.

Last edited:

Neo 007

I know it's a minimal concern for most people, but they didn't even include an odometer for each car.
GT had this about 15 yrs ago.
And whoever thought the car leveling system was a good idea is totally beyond me.
Not only does it MAKE you not want to drive more that 2-3 cars but it makes all credit earnings basically irrelevant.

Rant over.

xrnzaaas

I know it's a minimal concern for most people, but they didn't even include an odometer for each car.
GT had this about 15 yrs ago.
And whoever thought the car leveling system was a good idea is totally beyond me.
Not only does it MAKE you not want to drive more that 2-3 cars but it makes all credit earnings basically irrelevant.

Rant over.
The leveling system maybe would've worked in a smaller game with like 100 cars or less. Not when there's more than 500 of them and when all previous FM games were about driving tons of different cars and being able to upgrade the favorite ones right away (provided you had enough credits).

I think they've recognized their mistake and tried to partially solve it by speeding up the unlock process in one of the first updates, but the whole system should be scrapped.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

The graphics for example look terrible to me after having played GT7 on my PS5 all year,
I have watched SuperGT (Youtuber) extensively and its amazing how much better GT looks compared to Forza.
In a comparison tech video I really don't see a difference by much but been watching the content for a full year, the GT cars details is just insane. I think Forza cars are just not that high def.

30 seconds huh? 😂 Sounds like you gave it a fair crack of the whip, who can blame you?

Forza plays better than any Forza before it. Just a pity the campaign is so lazy and barebones. Once I’m through it, I can’t see me booting it up again except to check out new tracks when they are released (not good enough to be competitive in the MP - not do I have the patience to wait for races to start).
You do know that they add new single player race series every week right? The campaign never ends.

xrnzaaas

You do know that they add new single player race series every week right? The campaign never ends.
Technically they don't add them, because they're time-limited events and many of them have already been removed or replaced. So unless you buy into their fomo scheme and log in every week to finish the new races you're always going to have the same (very small) number of available series at a given time.

I am hoping they will change this approach eventually, because it leads me closer and closer to uninstalling the game for good.

Last edited:

Catphish

Agreed 100%.

"Built from the ground up" my ass.

Buggy, copy-pasted content from previous versions, lack of basic racing game features (adjustable seat, virtual rear-view mirror in all camera views), half-assed rating and penalty system, constant connectivity issues, predatory grind dressed up as "bonding with your car" just to keep the engagement numbers up...

Fuck that game, and fuck everyone involved in it that willfully deceived the customer.

🖕

NinjaBoiX

Absolutely agree that the forced practice laps really killed it. After a handful of races I literally thought to myself “there’s no way I’m doing an extra couple of laps at the start of each and every fucking race”, then just deleted it and walked away.

They doubled down on the biggest sin of grind that most car sims face, just an utterly boneheaded decision.

Last edited:

The Stig

I played every game until 7 when they absolutely shit the bed.

the homologation rules in the single player events were FAR too restrictive

and why did they do away with the big event board with tons of tourneys?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Stylistically Gran turismo provides really good graphics, Forza continues into a different direction and may still find success.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I have watched SuperGT (Youtuber) extensively and its amazing how much better GT looks compared to Forza.
In a comparison tech video I really don't see a difference by much but been watching the content for a full year, the GT cars details is just insane. I think Forza cars are just not that high def.
Despite their claims of this game being made from the ground up, it has car models from the 360 and even Xbox 1 era. It really can’t compare to the crazy work PD has been putting into their game. Also has really basic mistakes that you’d expect a team of supposed car nuts to not make.

Like I said before it’s really weird what happened with this game .

Last edited:

John Wick

Personally I think it's just as good as the rest in the series, it's a solid sim racer with very good graphics.
You lose all creditbility in your entire post when you say it looks terrible vs GT7. At its worst it's slightly worse, at its best it looks slightly better, depending on the particualr track and or scene. Digital foundry did a blind pic test and most users could barely tell them apart.
There cam be no excuses especially when this game was built ground up for next gen. Took over 18 months longer and on more powerful hardware according to terraflops and Xbox fan boys like Colt and Dealer etc.

John Wick

This 100%. Let me just fucking race. Why do I have to press A 20 times, skip the boring cut scenes and 5 unnecessary loading screens just to race. Cmon man.

I still play the game but it’s pretty annoying.
Boom! What's the fuckin point of the SSD if it takes fuckin ages to start a race. The whole thing needs streamlining. I hope Turn10 are reading this ffs.

John Wick

When you boot up the game for the first time they put you into an introductory race and I couldn't get through it. I quit and deleted it after 30 seconds. I hated how it looked, hated how it felt, and reading about the progression system before-hand had made it an easy pass. I have put hundreds of hours into each FM before it but I was put off of the new one instantly.
Lol you really need to give it a fair chance. Hopefully they will keep updating the game frequently. You might be better off coming back in 6 months time and having a go then.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Lol you really need to give it a fair chance. Hopefully they will keep updating the game frequently. You might be better off coming back in 6 months time and having a go then.
Nah, there's lots of games that hook me within the first 30 seconds. I'll never go back, backlog is too full.

Porticus

Nah, there's lots of games that hook me within the first 30 seconds. I'll never go back, backlog is too full.

I totalle agree with you those shitty unskippable introductory races needs to be removed, they are offensive and unrespectful towards the player and a waste of time, threating the player with stupid shit on screen plus retarded catchy lines, same with Forza Horizon.

Then you look at GT7, no retarded VA or pompous stupid shit, respecting my time and my passion for cars and racing.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I totalle agree with you those shitty unskippable introductory races needs to be removed, they are offensive and unrespectful towards the player and a waste of time, threating the player with stupid shit on screen plus retarded catchy lines, same with Forza Horizon.

Then you look at GT7, no retarded VA or pompous stupid shit, respecting my time and my passion for cars and racing.

Err, doesn't gt7 start with an unskipable 8 minute video the first time you play it?

THE DUCK

There cam be no excuses especially when this game was built ground up for next gen. Took over 18 months longer and on more powerful hardware according to terraflops and Xbox fan boys like Colt and Dealer etc.

I would maintain this wasn't built from the ground up for next gen despite the claims due to the pc version. There is zero doubt that played a part.

For a development of more than 6 years, selling it as purely next gen has been a real failure, 40 on Steam and barely 700 players right now.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I pulled the trigger on a psvr2 for gt7 because of this game.
Season 5 Starz GIF by Outlander

THE DUCK

For a development of more than 6 years, selling it as purely next gen has been a real failure, 40 on Steam and barely 700 players right now.

6 years just amplifies the idea that this clearly wasn't a true next gen title. Series X didn't even have its specs finalized in 2017.

John Wick

6 years just amplifies the idea that this clearly wasn't a true next gen title. Series X didn't even have its specs finalized in 2017.
Possibly. It probably was a crossgen title initially and was probably switched over to Series X once the specs were finalised. I just can't fathom what the fuck they been doing for a well sized experienced dev for 6 years and all they came up with this an unfinished game.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Possibly. It probably was a crossgen title initially and was probably switched over to Series X once the specs were finalised. I just can't fathom what the fuck they been doing for a well sized experienced dev for 6 years and all they came up with this an unfinished game.
It was reported just last year that it was literally play tested on the previous gen xbox one and there is even images of it running on the console. It was definitely designed as cross-gen.

Top Bottom