• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport (XSX) vs Gran Turismo 7 (PS5) Graphics Comparison (Up: Video in OP replaced as IGN one was not fit for purpose)

Which is better?

• Forza Motorsport(2023)

Votes: 170 24.1%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 404 57.2%
  • Mario Kart 8DX

Votes: 132 18.7%

• Total voters

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Yeah, but don't they look almost pixilated, I'm not sure I'm describing it right but they look off to me.
Yea they look pretty bad
Are the clouds really that bad in the console version? On pc they look really good, i was surprised by it.
Forza-Motorsport-22-10-2023-16-45-20.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-22-10-2023-16-41-48.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-22-10-2023-16-24-55.jpg

Senua

Gold Member
Are the clouds really that bad in the console version? On pc they look really good, i was surprised by it.
Forza-Motorsport-22-10-2023-16-45-20.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-22-10-2023-16-41-48.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-22-10-2023-16-24-55.jpg
They look lower rez than Forza Horizon 5, it sticks out most in your second shot but your shots look nice tbh. I've noticed in some overcast/raining conditions some low res ones sticking out like a sore thumb

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
They look lower rez than Forza Horizon 5,
Because those are high res video's that are morphing, and they do look amazing. But they are more expansive to do and it will be too much to do that for 20 different locations vs 1.

it sticks out most in your second shot but your shots look nice tbh. I've noticed in some overcast/raining conditions some low res ones sticking out like a sore thumb
That happens when its transitioning which happens in every game with dynamic clouds tbh outside maybe FS.

Senua

Gold Member
Because those are high res video's that are morphing, and they do look amazing. But they are more expansive to do and it will be too much to do that for 20 different locations vs 1.

That happens when its transitioning which happens in every game with dynamic clouds tbh outside maybe FS.
Yea, just saying what me eyes tell me!

blue velvet

Markio128

I haven’t even tried FM yet. I’m keen to give it a go just out of curiosity, but I’m way too busy with other games atm.

It speaks volumes that I’m more excited by the rumoured ‘largest GT7 update ever’ coming next month, than a completely new racer. FM just doesn’t appear to have any pull for me, or any kind of compelling game-changing feature.

GHG

Gold Member
Well although the Raytracing is limited no other racer is doing it in game. I will say if you haven't played the game that the driving physics are the best I've felt.

On a controller? That in itself should tell you where it's at.

They are not the most advanced physics simulation on consoles, not by a million miles. There are last gen thoroughbred sim racers on console that have more advanced physics than FM.

//DEVIL//

Lol forza uses one skybox for all the tracks

I mean... Who really cares ? Like honestly I could be living in a repeated clouds in real life for a year and I probably wouldn't notice.

Who the hell is looking at cloud shapes while racing ? How anal you have to be ?

Focus should be on cars tracks trees if it was close to you ( honestly even the movibg 2d trees GT has is just fine )

On a controller? That in itself should tell you where it's at.

They are not the most advanced physics simulation on consoles, not by a million miles. There are last gen thoroughbred sim racers on console that have more advanced physics than FM.
You got anything that backs this up? "I would put this [Forza's] simulation up against the hardest core sims that are out there," said Esaki.

Creative Director Chris Esaki

GHG

Gold Member
You got anything that backs this up? "I would put this [Forza's] simulation up against the hardest core sims that are out there," said Esaki.

Creative Director Chris Esaki

Here we go with the PR regurgitation again.

The game is out. Literally nobody in the sim racing space is saying this is anything other than a more casual sim-cade game.

It's not in the same wheelhouse as things like Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione, or even Project Cars 2 (all of which are on console). And that's fine, because like Gran Turismo it's designed around being an approachable track focused racing game.

Last edited:
Here we go with the PR regurgitation again.

The game is out. Literally nobody in the sim racing space is saying this is anything other than a more casual sim-cade game.

It's not in the same wheelhouse as things like Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione, or even Project Cars 2 (all of which are on console). And that's fine, because like Gran Turismo it's designed around being an approachable track focused racing game.

This is your proof is it? a YouTuber? 🤣 I have a direct quote from the Creative director of T10 and you have a YouTube creator 😆 What's next? KSI is a good boxer? Seriously mate play the games yourself and make your own mind up, if you have one?

GHG

Gold Member
This is your proof is it? a YouTuber? 🤣 I have a direct quote from the Creative director of T10 and you have a YouTube creator 😆 What's next? KSI is a good boxer? Seriously mate play the games yourself and make your own mind up, if you have one?

Is Negotiator101 impressionable and susceptible to getting conned by business PR?

Yes

That YouTuber covers all of the major modern sim-racing games in existence, his opinion is absolutely valid, more so than a guy whose job it is to sell you on a product.

Here, have it from someone who has gone from sim racing to becoming a real racing driver:

If you want my opinion, the Forza games have never been realistic vs the other more serious options on the market (unless you want to tell me that you think Forza Motorsport entries are more realistic than ACC, iracing, raceroom, rfactor 2 etc?) and not much looks to have changed with this entry.

Crazy how marketing quotes can shape a persons perception. Just by looking at how GT3 cars oversteer in FM, I see ACC is better.

Well for a start the TCS for cars in ACC are modelled on a per-car basis. As is the ABS. For Forza it's global across all cars, inclusive of cars that don't even have TC/ABS.

It's not serious in that respect but it's never going to be with so many cars in the game and the fact that they have to attempt to balance them for gameplay purposes. It's just a shame that some people want to glug on the PR.

Last edited:

Senua

Gold Member
Dude come on, the head of T10 isn't exactly going to say "yea it's not as realistic as those other games" is he? He's gonna fluff it up. I think for a controller player Forza Motorsport is easily the best sim to play, but with a wheel? It's not gonna touch the almost decade old Assetto Corsa. It's scope more than anything, Forza has 500+ cars and caters way more to pad players than wheel, it's a compromised sim. Hardcore PC sim games (which have console ports) focused on a smaller amount of cars and are designed purely around a wheel are obviously going to be more realistic.

GHG

Gold Member
Dude come on, the head of T10 isn't exactly going to say "yea it's not as realistic as those other games" is he? He's gonna fluff it up. I think for a controller player Forza Motorsport is easily the best sim to play, but with a wheel? It's not gonna touch the almost decade old Assetto Corsa. It's scope more than anything, Forza has 500+ cars and caters way more to pad players than wheel, it's a compromised sim. Hardcore PC sim games (which have console ports) focused on a smaller amount of cars and are designed purely around a wheel are obviously going to be more realistic.

What he's attempting to argue would be like someone saying GT is more realistic than anything else on the market due to it having "the real driving simulator" in its tagline.

It's just laughable.

Last edited:

Three

Honestly Negotiator, the creative director of Turn 10 isn't exactly going to tell you the simulation on console game X is better than Forza are they.

You may well be right but I gave my opinion and I stand by it but I'm no hardcore sim gamer. The T10 guy said that without any coaxing, he seems to believe it, he wasn't asked how it compared to other sim racers for instance.

Anyway unless we have numbers from the developers of these games physics its just an opinion, and of the racers I've played FM feels the best.

What he's attempting to argue would be like someone saying GT is more realistic than anything else on the market due to it having "the real driving simulator" in its tagline.

It's just laughable.
Mate you're the one arguing about my opinion, I disagree with your favourite YouTuber opinion(as you clearly don't have one of your own).

GHG

Gold Member
Mate you're the one arguing about my opinion, I disagree with your favourite YouTuber opinion(as you clearly don't have one of your own).

Ah so you're doubling down?

Please show everyone what racing sims you've played and how many hours you have in each.

I'd love for you and Riky to go to racedepartment and post the crap you have been here. You guys must think people here are stupid.

Last edited:
Ah so you're doubling down?

Please show everyone what racing sims you've played and how many hours you have in each.
Who cares? Am I entitled to my opinion on this? In my first post about this all I said was it felt the best of the games I've played. Then you came in being a know it all questioning my opinion 🤷 After that I quoted the T10 developer, you don't believe him that's fine and I'm not sure he's right either but I'm only drawing on my own experience, is that OK?

GHG

Gold Member
Who cares? Am I entitled to my opinion on this?

Participants of this thread care, hence everyone questioning the following statement bestowed upon us by resident PR merchant Riky:

the most advanced physics simulation on console

Now if you're going to claim that the statement above is accurate then understanding what other racing sims you have experience with and how much is important context to have. Because as it stands you are dismissing others who clearly have broader experience than you do across this specific genre.

In my first post about this all I said was it felt the best of the games I've played. Then you came in being a know it all questioning my opinion 🤷

You're entitled to your opinion, it doesn't make it correct. Especially so if we are discussing whether or not Forza has the "most advanced physics simulation" on the market - it clearly doesn't.

After that I quoted the T10 developer, you don't believe him that's fine and I'm not sure he's right either but I'm only drawing on my own experience, is that OK?

Now this is an interesting one.

If you're not even sure he's correct then why are you regurgitating what he says as a means to reinforce your statement?

This is what a website dedicated to PC sim racing thinks of the physics specifically:

• Default FFB Settings are practically unusable. Finding at least decent settings takes hours of tweaking and fine-tuning. Unless you take our shortcut.
  • Game does not remember your custom input preset but goes back to default every time you start it.
  • Stock setups are “wrong”, and the cars handle bad.
  • Driving in the wet feels wrong.
  • Even the flattest curbs have an unrealistic instant oversteer effect on the car.

Please go and make an account there to tell them how it's the most advanced simulation available, tell them about the words of Chris Esaki, and tell them how it's the one that feels the best out of all the options we have available to us. Let me know how it goes.

Last edited:
Participants of this thread care, hence everyone questioning the following statement bestowed upon us by resident PR merchant Riky:

Now if you're going to claim that the statement above is accurate then understanding what other racing sims you have experience with and how much is important context to have. Because as it stands you are dismissing others who clearly have broader experience than you do across this specific genre.

You're entitled to your opinion, it doesn't make it correct. Especially so if we are discussing whether or not Forza has the "most advanced physics simulation" on the market - it clearly doesn't.

Now this is an interesting one.

If you're not even sure he's correct then why are you regurgitating what he says as a means to reinforce your statement?

This is what a website dedicated to PC sim racing thinks of the physics specifically:

Please go and make an account there to tell them how it's the most advanced simulation available, tell them about the words of Chris Esaki, and tell them how it's the one that feels the best out of all the options we have available to us. Let me know how it goes.
I appreciate the amount of time you put into this post but everything you've written is based purely on your or other people's opinions, this is something you're failing to grasp. You have absolutely no proof that the physics engine used in other racing games is more advanced, you just don't.

Now when a developer of one of those games says its as good as any game on the market (how he's determined that I don't know) but nevertheless he certainly is more informed than you or I and that's a fact.

GHG

Gold Member
I appreciate the amount of time you put into this post but everything you've written is based purely on your or other people's opinions, this is something you're failing to grasp. You have absolutely no proof that the physics engine used in other racing games is more advanced, you just don't.

Now when a developer of one of those games says its as good as any game on the market (how he's determined that I don't know) but nevertheless he certainly is more informed than you or I and that's a fact.

Wow, you're actually tripling down.

Ok, so Forza Motorsport is the most advanced racing simulator on the market because you, Riky and Chris "built from the ground up" Esaki say so?

Screw the insights and opinions of people who dedicate a huge part of their lives to creating sim racing content.

Screw the insights and opinions of people who happen to be racing drivers.

Well in this case we have no alternative but to dismiss the wider community and to only trust what the three of you have to say.

Michael Scott Wink GIF

Shit man, better tell all the racing teams to throw out their isimotor based simulators and use Forza instead.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Straight up marketing now are we Adam?

What's the rule, repost it once every couple of weeks?

Felt right posting it again since the topic was about the feel of the game and the feel and some sim racing streamers are fans of it ;)

That and of course chase-cam gamepad casuals like me are also enjoying it.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Felt right posting it again since the topic was about physics and the feel and some sim racing streamers are fans of it ;)

Nothing said in your little marketing clip there backs up the statements that were previously touted and subsequently disputed/debunked.

Last edited:
Your posts are full of marketing quotes gimmicks. ACC is available on both consoles and has far better physics, don't think what turn 10 says is absolute truth
ACC feels different on console compared to pc. So idk, at least when it comes to the wheel. Just felt so much different. I could be wrong tho.

GHG

Gold Member
ACC feels different on console compared to pc. So idk, at least when it comes to the wheel. Just felt so much different. I could be wrong tho.

It released later, but the 1.9 physics update is now aslo available on consoles (next-gen only, ps4/xbox one didn't receive the update). So physics wise, it's now identical to what we have on PC.

Monad

It released later, but the 1.9 physics update is now aslo available on consoles (next-gen only, ps4/xbox one didn't receive the update). So physics wise, it's now identical to what we have on PC.

ACC is dogshit on consoles not because the physics, but for the lack of a serious multiplayer platform to compete and of course, for the lack of players.

At least on PC we have LFM, but on Xbox is Forza Motorsport the only one with the potential to balance good physics/driving sensations with a multiplayer that isn't a joke.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
ACC is dogshit on consoles not because the physics, but for the lack of a serious multiplayer platform to compete and of course, for the lack of players.

At least on PC we have LMS, but on Xbox is Forza Motorsport the only one with the potential to balance good physics/driving sensations with a multiplayer that isn't a joke.

You mean LFM?

Can't argue what you're stating there from an overall package perspective, particularly on Xbox alone (when taking into account the integrated multiplayer and the fact that it won't alienate more casual players), but if we are strictly talking about the physics alone then it's not even a contest.

Last edited:

Monad

You mean LFM?

Can't argue what you're stating there from an overall package perspective, particularly on Xbox alone (when taking into account the integrated multiplayer and the fact that it won't alienate more casual players), but if we are strictly talking about the physics alone then it's not even a contest.

Low Fuel Motorsport, my bad (my subconscious betrayed me with Liga Mexicana de Simracing).

And yes, at the level of physics I can’t refute anything because ACC is much more realistic in its approach and the behavior of the cars, the FFB, the driving assists and other details are much more true to the real thing.

Forza Motorsport has a much more generalist approach (more similar to the normal Assetto Corsa) and curiously at the level of sensations, despite the fact that most of the stock setups are terrible, it seems to me that they are not so far away when everything aligns in its favor, especially with street cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

bender

What time is it?

It's just laughable.

GT is more realistic than anything else because Kaz loves us more than anyone else. Or are you saying that love isn't real? I choose not to live in your cynical world. Good day, sir or madam. Good day!

Connxtion

So in Forza the rain is only for the player's screen and it doesn't really rain on the track?
No headlights don’t light up the rain particles.

That’s it 🤷‍♂️, while it’s a bit daft not to light them as side track lights do. It maybe a bug or a design decision.

Side note, are GT7 headlight always on high beams?

Last edited:
Top Bottom