• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport (XSX) vs Gran Turismo 7 (PS5) Graphics Comparison (Up: Video in OP replaced as IGN one was not fit for purpose)

Which is better?

• Forza Motorsport(2023)

Votes: 170 24.1%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 404 57.2%
  • Mario Kart 8DX

Votes: 132 18.7%

• Total voters

Magik85

Na, those FM23 textures look like soup.
I know right?
No textures details at all, no gras, everyting supper muddy....
And this is supposed to be highest PC settings, and it looks rather interesting in comparation with my own screenshots from console.
Its almost like someone is purposely trying to make this game look as bad as possible😉

m5uoqqtn1cy1.jpg

46f17135-bae1-439d-a048c8q.png

0dxzapolxe0w.jpg

a8fdef2d-ccc7-490e-922ti7m.png

Elysium44

Banned
I know right?
And this is supposed to be highest PC settings, and it looks rather interesting in comparation with my own screenshots from console.
Its almost like someone is purposely trying to make this game look as bad as possible😉

Or the console version (Series X) is superior. The PC version is known to be buggy, either the graphics are worse and/or me setting it to the highest settings didn't actually work. I don't know. But I posted the settings I used previously.

Last edited:

Three

I know right?

m5uoqqtn1cy1.jpg

46f17135-bae1-439d-a048c8q.png

0dxzapolxe0w.jpg

a8fdef2d-ccc7-490e-922ti7m.png
I'm not going to speculate as to what's happening there, bug or not, no idea, but I was replying specifically to this:
You’re eyes are painted on if you think FM6 looks better in those shots!

maybe crowd density makes a difference to other things, VRS or grass issues on PC or version number differences.

ShakenG

Oh man those guys will never do that, why you say that.
Not really sure what you see in the new Forza mate.. im envious of the solid frame rate but i haven't seen much else that impresses me. Maybe they've done a better job implementing weather on more races? If anything, from the shots ive seen, my respect for polyphonys work has only increased. If only they could deliver on the Events side of things.

They truly are going for an authentic experience.. trying not to add stuff that doesn't exist in the real world. Tracks might be a bit out of date at times but they arent adding light posts that don't exist on the real circuit. Ive seen you shoot down some fair comparisons, i hope u do the same vice versa.

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Or the console version (Series X) is superior. The PC version is known to be buggy, either the graphics are worse and/or me setting it to the highest settings didn't actually work. I don't know. But I posted the settings I used previously.
Nah you used low setting with probably FSR/DLSS performance with no RT and low AF. This is what the pc version looks like maxed out during gameplay. still less foliage and grass than the XSX visual mode, but far better than those low res images you posted. And you could have used the same tod for your FM pics when you compared to FM6. Choosing the most dry afternoon non cloudy tod to compare it against a mid cloudy late afternoon tod to makes it look worse.

Your maxed out pc photomode image
m5uoqqtn1cy1.jpg

My in game image
Forza-Motorsport-28-10-2023-16-34-29.jpg

Not really sure what you see in the new Forza mate.. im envious of the solid frame rate but i haven't seen much else that impresses me. Maybe they've done a better job implementing weather on more races? If anything, from the shots ive seen, my respect for polyphonys work has only increased. If only they could deliver on the Events side of things.
I have giving my opinions about the new Forza in the next gen thread already, im not gonna repeat myself everytime. I have also criticised its bad, missing and buggy graphicall features. I did the same for GT7 last year. You can check it there what i found great and bad about the new Forza.

They truly are going to an authentic experience.. trying not to add stuff that doesn't exist in the real world. Tracks might be a bit out of date at times but they arent adding light posts that don't exist on the real circuit.
In GT7 its sometimes the opposite, the lights on Suzuka for instance don't work when its all dark. But PD is more accurate when it comes to stuff like this. I hope T10 doesn't light up the Ring all the way because that would kill all the immersion racing at night on the ring.

Ive seen you shoot down some fair comparisons, i hope u do the same vice versa.
bruh come on you guys are talking shit on my takes and comparisons 24/7. People have posted twitter trolls post in this thread that i called out and none of you said shit about that. If i see the same for Forza i will do the same. If you think that i don't criticize Forza than you didn't see my posts in the other threads lol. Same as the last guy that was talking shit that i didn't compare the cockpits while i had made multiple comparisons in cockpit view already, he still didn't reply. He thinks i was not comparing the cockpit because they look better in GT7 (which i already said a multiple time by now). And people where triggered that i used pc shots to compare yet in the last few pages no one said shit about those bad pc shots of Forza.

Unknown?

Nah you used low setting with probably FSR/DLSS performance with no RT and low AF. This is what the pc version looks like maxed out during gameplay. still less foliage and grass than the XSX visual mode, but far better than those low res images you posted. And you could have used the same tod for your FM pics when you compared to FM6. Choosing the most dry afternoon non cloudy tod to compare it against a mid cloudy late afternoon tod to makes it look worse.

m5uoqqtn1cy1.jpg

My in game image

I have giving my opinions about the new Forza in the next gen thread already, im not gonna repeat myself everytime. I have also criticised its bad, missing and buggy graphicall features. I did the same for GT7 last year. You can check it there what i found great and bad about the new Forza.

In GT7 its sometimes the opposite, the lights on Suzuka for instance don't work when its all dark. But PD is more accurate when it comes to stuff like this. I hope T10 doesn't light up the Ring all the way because that would kill all the immersion racing at night on the ring.

bruh come on you guys are talking shit on my takes and comparisons 24/7. People have posted twitter trolls post in this thread that i called out and none of you said shit about that. If i see the same for Forza i will do the same. If you think that i don't criticize Forza than you didn't see my posts in the other threads lol. Same as the last guy that was talking shit that i didn't compare the cockpits while i had made multiple comparisons in cockpit view already, he still didn't reply. He thinks i was not comparing the cockpit because they look better in GT7 (which i already said a multiple time by now). And people where triggered that i used pc shots to compare yet in the last few pages no one said shit about those bad pc shots of Forza.
Regardless of picture, yours still looks worse than the older Forza with trackside detail. Look how sparsely the crowd and vehicles are comparably to Forza 6.

Elysium44

Banned

No I didn't, it looks like you're saying I'm lying. I'm not, but I guess you'll believe whatever you want. If the settings WERE in fact lower then I can promise you I had SET them to the highest (except RT was off). I wasn't using dynamic settings but manually set everything as high as it would go. There was an issue with the game supposedly not applying settings, perhaps that is it. All that said, your pic doesn't look much better in any case. I don't use DLSS because a) it looks shit and b) it isn't even any quicker on my machine because the game is badly CPU limited.

My in game image

Photo mode is no different graphically to in-game in Forza, so that isn't some sort of gotcha btw. Not sure what your point is. Yours is brighter too, did you post process it?

Last edited:

Turk1993

No I didn't, it looks like you're saying I'm lying. I'm not, but I guess you'll believe whatever you want. If the settings WERE in fact lower then I can promise you I had SET them to the highest (except RT was off). I wasn't using dynamic settings but manually set everything as high as it would go. There was an issue with the game supposedly not applying settings, perhaps that is it. All that said, your pic doesn't look much better in any case.
alright-jenniferlawrence.gif

Photo mode is no different graphically to in-game in Forza, so that isn't some sort of gotcha btw. Not sure what your point is. Yours is brighter too, did you post process it?
Just to let everybody else know that even in gameplay it looks better. Also the photomode is bugged btw, i have showen that in the next gen thread also. Its softer than gameplay and details get blurred the fuck out when you are still. But its T10 fault for releasing this game in this shitty state.

testtt.jpg

ShakenG

m5uoqqtn1cy1.jpg

My in game image

I dont mind the rest of your post but, "you guys" ??
You're going down that road? Ok.
Ive respected most of your comparisons, pretty sure i even said that at one point.

Dont lump me into a group of clowns posting disingenuous crap. Youre better than that, so i thought.

I barely post in here, i certainly dont make it a trend calling either out. I laugh at all the crap that gets posted here from either side.

Last edited:

Turk1993

I dont mind the rest of your post but, "you guys" ??
You're going down that road? Ok.
Ive respected most of your comparisons, pretty sure i even said that at one point.

Dont lump me into a group of clowns posting disingenuous crap. Youre better than that, so i thought.
My sentence was wrong sorry for that, i don't mean it like that. Im talking about guys from both sides that are trolling each other 24/7. Im also sorry, english is not my first language 😅. Im working hard on it to improve it.

Elysium44

Banned
I just looked again since I upgraded my nvidia driver yesterday. I tried on lowest and highest settings, reloading the race from the main menu in-between each. I cannot tell the difference in the graphics. I don't know if it's my eyes, or if the game isn't applying the settings properly, or if there just isn't much difference.

Here:

Manually set to lowest.

S8wOLSQ.jpg

Manually set to highest.

gHAUGkZ.jpg

I was expecting lowest to reduce trackside detail as well. Do I need to restart the whole game rather than just reload a track?

Last edited:

ShakenG

My sentence was wrong sorry for that, i don't mean it like that. Im talking about guys from both sides that are trolling each other 24/7. Im also sorry, english is not my first language 😅. Im working hard on it to improve it.
Yeah, not gona lie.. was a wtf moment for me. No problem.

I appreciate the time you go to to make these comparisons. Maybe when i learn how to upload pics, ill be able to contribute a bit more. But as of now, i rely on you folks for the entertainment 😏

You mentioned some lights that are missing at night. i noticed on fuji at the darkest, when the sun drops behind Mnt fuji itself, the track has some lighting anomalies when you go around the circuit.. shadows acting up around the tree line. I got the impression that some tracks just aren't designed to go to a certain time.
Unfortunately this is something poly has been behind in.. consistently is lacking when it comes to tracks with weather and day/night cycle and im not convinced it will be fixed any time soon.

ShakenG

I just looked again since I upgraded my nvidia driver yesterday. I tried on lowest and highest settings, reloading the race from the main menu in-between each. I cannot tell the difference in the graphics. I don't know if it's my eyes, or if the game isn't applying the settings properly, or if there just isn't much difference.

Here:

Manually set to lowest.

S8wOLSQ.jpg

Manually set to highest.

gHAUGkZ.jpg

I was expecting lowest to reduce trackside detail as well. Do I need to restart the whole game rather than just reload a track?
Bottom pic has higher texture quality/filtering? Trees look better, higher shadow quality.

Last edited:

Senua

Gold Member

m5uoqqtn1cy1.jpg

My in game image

Night and day difference, something is def up with your shots elysium

Elysium44

Banned
Night and day difference, something is def up with your shots elysium

Can you tell the difference between the two I posted above? All I can see is the shadow on the car is slightly jagged on low settings. The track detail looks the same to me. I think there is something weird going on with the game not applying settings like you tell it to.

I've been a big fan of the Motorsport series since I got my X360 for FM2. It's never been perfect, but I've always enjoyed each game, putting hundreds of hours into them, sometimes thousands. People pretending everything's fine with Motorsport on social media are delusional, but the people pretending this is the ugliest racing game ever released are just being disingenuous. The game looks good, often it looks fantastic, especially in-game but they made some very terrible choices in implementing post-process effects that have destroyed the game's IQ and erased any semblance of detail from the visuals. I think a lot of the piling-on this game is getting is due to the fact that a lot of people are really disappointed with this game, I certainly am. T10 appears to have squandered their opportunity to release their Magnum Opus. From Forza 1-4 the trajectory this series took was leapfrogging Gran Turismo. Forza Motorsport 4 was the best release in the series, to me it was a better overall game than either GT5 or GT6 and people thought if they kept up the momentum and took the time, Forza 5 would have dragged its balls over GT7's face. Instead, they rushed it out so it could be a launch title with no content and pissed everyone off. Forza 5 looked great, but there was nothing do in the game, it was bare bones. Forza 6 and 7 re-introduced more tracks and cars along with a limited TOD and weather, but at the cost of visuals and track detail. At least they held to their 60fps-or-bust mentality. Again, the 2-year deadline seemed to keep the games from being as fully developed and polished as they could be.

T10 had SIX YEARS to make this game, three times longer than any release in their past. I can't imagine they put out their best effort, the game is a myriad of bugs, visual issues and outright unfinished parts making up a mediocre whole. A lot of the work they did do somehow made stuff they already had right worse. They also clearly had no outside opinions from sim players before release. While the game plays well (I have over 90 hours logged in the game now) and while the new game is excellent on a controller, it's not as great on a wheel as it should be. The number of track and car errors, even over previous entries, seem near-infinite which is very disappointing. Even new models have omissions and errors that can be picked out at a glance. That's all pretty disappointing for a "CarPG"

In terms of car detail alone this game is a mess. I never expected T10 to catch up to Polyphony in this department, but they've actually gone backwards. Sloppy texture work, missing elements, the car's paint work looks worse than in FM5 or FH2-5. How do you make car models look worse when they're directly ported from earlier entries in the same franchise? I picked a handful of random cars, I wish I had a capture device for the FM5 shots as I don't think I can download them anymore off FM.net but outside the 1080p resolution and lack of decent AA, they look better than FM7 and much better than the new FM. Considering the year FM5 released and the Kinect-gimped console it released on, that's a strange statement to be able to make.

The 35th Anniversary Camaro SS model is identical to the model that made its first debut in FM2 (There was a Camaro SS in FM1 which this model was probably evolved from), all the same polygon edges. In FM3 it received its first upgrade with a fully modeled interior. FM5 refined the model. In FM6 it was missing the oval SS badges on the fenders which continued into FM7. With the new Motorsport, the badges that were all present in FM5, are missing. Only the Bowtie emblem remains on the rear, but the SS badge is gone. You can see in FM7 the SS logo is also missing but the shadows remain. Guess they just decided fuck it and finished them off for the new Motorsport. The front grille, which is supposed to be a rough black plastic, is now an untextured glossy gray. The chrome headlight bezels are also now the same glossy gray color. The wheels, which are supposed to be black paint with machined faces, are now that same glossy gray with odd-looking semi-gloss metal faces which look neither machined, nor polished. Finally, the black scoop on the hood which should be matte black, is now mirror reflective. On the good side, the tail lamps have been drastically improved and actually look like diffused lights now with a gridwork of tiny squares instead of perfectly clear plastic in previous games. Unfortunately, the post-process effects in the game erase any of that detail so unless I park the camera an inch from them it just looks like a fuzzy mess as seen in my shot. The interior received an overall downgrade in materials and textures in the new game but not much else was changed.
vMDHEur.jpg

I64dGes.jpg

The good old SRT4 Neon. This ACR model goes back to FM1, where it was just the base model, not the ACR version. Once again, the chrome headlight bezels are now a dark gray color, The texture used for parts behind the big lower grille appear to be N64 textures. The metallic in the paint has left the chat, leaving behind an orange/yellow color in its absence. The FM7 color was wrong in the first place, looking browner than the bright orange color on the actual SRT4, but the new color is just wrong. The headlights appear to no longer light up the side of the turn signal housing. The turn signal also no longer lights up as a parking lamp. At a glance the taillights look okay but when lit up, it appears they just took the old model and applied a zig-zag pattern to it to simulate diffusion which I found pretty amusing since the real car actually doesn't have any light diffusion in the rear lamps (you should be able to clearly see the bulbs), meaning it was more accurate before they "fixed it". Like the Camaro, the interior was mostly left alone aside from the lower quality emblems and textures.
rB2ji4K.jpg

JEBUrS0.jpg

Many of the same issues with the 2005 M3. Black wheels with machined and polished faces are now that same gray color with that same "metal" face. The headlights are not just dim, but the texture is broken. If you aim the camera directly at them, they look like lava lamps inside. The lights also don't refract on the inside of the lense anymore, in fact none of the cars I've used in the new game do, but they all do in Forza Horizon. The textures for the radiator behind the lower grille are just gone, it's just a flat gray panel now. They did the same thing with the tail lamps as the SRT4, just made a zig-zag pattern over the lights to simulate diffusion. While in FM7 the lenses had no effect on the lights at all which is incorrect, the new ones are massively overdone and completely obscure the details inside the lamp.
FKT3hic.jpg

eY1nQtX.jpg

4qAJSoM.png

wS8hOZv.jpg

This shot not only shows the terrible taillight effect they slapped on many cars in the new game, but also that no effort was taken to update the models, it looks like someone took a router to every edge on the car's bodywork, this goes all the way back to FM2 where it was already being called out on forums.
NGXrhQM.png

My mom owned a MK1. It later became my first car and the car I learned to drive stick on, so I spent a lot of time with the it and remember every little detail about the car. Mom's car was an imported German model, so it shared an interior design and bumpers with the new model in Forza (hers was LHD though), not the US-built Rabbit which had many differences and comparably terrible build quality. Obviously, the NA Rabbit and the Golf are different in many ways like the lights and wheels, but the black plastics are not one of them. The bumpers, fender arches, rear glass surround, trim lines, mirrors and gas cap are all a rough textured black plastic that is prone to oxidization and required weekly maintenance to keep it from turning gray. In the new game all of these parts are a texture-free glossy black, as if they just forgot normal maps exist. The Rabbit model from previous games was heavily tweaked to make it into the Golf and the interior was completely redone to resemble the RHD UK model. The new Golf interior is much worse than the Rabbit interior in FM7, the vinyl texture is almost completely gone, the notorious VW blanks where the optional gauges went is a solid panel in Motorsport with a simple flat texture map in their place. The carpet looks like the shit I used to use to make subwoofer boxes out of in the mid-90s. Everything just seems a bit worse.
HiSlxFa.jpg

79CDjmn.jpg

IHN0ETW.jpg

That was just a handful of the cars and I'm sure there are much worse examples.

Based on T10's previous releases, I have zero faith any of this will be fixed. This game was clearly neglected throughout development and it's impossible at this point to fix all the car model errors when they actually created entirely new ones between FM7 and this release. The tracks are another thing entirely, it's as if they took the old tracks, copy/pasted them into the new game, then replaced all the textures with pudding and placed the new 3D trees randomly all over the place, destroying track sightlines that used to be at least fairly accurate. While the environments in FM7 were a huge downgrade from FM5, the current game often looks worse than FM7 thanks to how blurry the post process makes everything look. Nothing looks even close to what was shown in the trailers either. Things are either simpler in terms of geometry, or objects are just absent.

Last edited:

Elysium44

Banned
I picked a handful of random cars, I wish I had a capture device for the FM5 shots as I don't think I can download them anymore off FM.net but outside the 1080p resolution and lack of decent AA, they look better than FM7 and much better than the new FM. Considering the year FM5 released and the Kinect-gimped console it released on, that's a strange statement to be able to make.

You can get captures of FM5 by using the Xbox's screenshot function, that's the only way to do it now I think, same for FM6.

eg. (when they still called this model the SS, before the strange political correctness took over)

ouaLcjF.jpg

MhKMkDC.jpg

Turk1993

I've been a big fan of the Motorsport series since I got my X360 for FM2. It's never been perfect, but I've always enjoyed each game, putting hundreds of hours into them, sometimes thousands. People pretending everything's fine with Motorsport on social media are delusional, but the people pretending this is the ugliest racing game ever released are just being disingenuous. The game looks good, often it looks fantastic, especially in-game but they made some very terrible choices in implementing post-process effects that have destroyed the game's IQ and erased any semblance of detail from the visuals. I think a lot of the piling-on this game is getting is due to the fact that a lot of people are really disappointed with this game, I certainly am. T10 appears to have squandered their opportunity to release their Magnum Opus. From Forza 1-4 the trajectory this series took was leapfrogging Gran Turismo. Forza Motorsport 4 was the best release in the series, to me it was a better overall game than either GT5 or GT6 and people thought if they kept up the momentum and took the time, Forza 5 would have dragged its balls over GT7's face. Instead, they rushed it out so it could be a launch title with no content and pissed everyone off. Forza 5 looked great, but there was nothing do in the game, it was bare bones. Forza 6 and 7 re-introduced more tracks and cars along with a limited TOD and weather, but at the cost of visuals and track detail. At least they held to their 60fps-or-bust mentality. Again, the 2-year deadline seemed to keep the games from being as fully developed and polished as they could be.

T10 had SIX YEARS to make this game, three times longer than any release in their past. I can't imagine they put out their best effort, the game is a myriad of bugs, visual issues and outright unfinished parts making up a mediocre whole. A lot of the work they did do somehow made stuff they already had right worse. They also clearly had no outside opinions from sim players before release. While the game plays well (I have over 90 hours logged in the game now) and while the new game is excellent on a controller, it's not as great on a wheel as it should be. The number of track and car errors, even over previous entries, seem near-infinite which is very disappointing. Even new models have omissions and errors that can be picked out at a glance. That's all pretty disappointing for a "CarPG"

In terms of car detail alone this game is a mess. I never expected T10 to catch up to Polyphony in this department, but they've actually gone backwards. Sloppy texture work, missing elements, the car's paint work looks worse than in FM5 or FH2-5. How do you make car models look worse when they're directly ported from earlier entries in the same franchise? I picked a handful of random cars, I wish I had a capture device for the FM5 shots as I don't think I can download them anymore off FM.net but outside the 1080p resolution and lack of decent AA, they look better than FM7 and much better than the new FM. Considering the year FM5 released and the Kinect-gimped console it released on, that's a strange statement to be able to make.

The 35th Anniversary Camaro SS model is identical to the model that made its first debut in FM2 (There was a Camaro SS in FM1 which this model was probably evolved from), all the same polygon edges. In FM3 it received its first upgrade with a fully modeled interior. FM5 refined the model. In FM6 it was missing the oval SS badges on the fenders which continued into FM7. With the new Motorsport, the badges that were all present in FM5, are missing. Only the Bowtie emblem remains on the rear, but the SS badge is gone. You can see in FM7 the SS logo is also missing but the shadows remain. Guess they just decided fuck it and finished them off for the new Motorsport. The front grille, which is supposed to be a rough black plastic, is now an untextured glossy gray. The chrome headlight bezels are also now the same glossy gray color. The wheels, which are supposed to be black paint with machined faces, are now that same glossy gray with odd-looking semi-gloss metal faces which look neither machined, nor polished. Finally, the black scoop on the hood which should be matte black, is now mirror reflective. On the good side, the tail lamps have been drastically improved and actually look like diffused lights now with a gridwork of tiny squares instead of perfectly clear plastic in previous games. Unfortunately, the post-process effects in the game erase any of that detail so unless I park the camera an inch from them it just looks like a fuzzy mess as seen in my shot. The interior received an overall downgrade in materials and textures in the new game but not much else was changed.
vMDHEur.jpg

I64dGes.jpg

The good old SRT4 Neon. This ACR model goes back to FM1, where it was just the base model, not the ACR version. Once again, the chrome headlight bezels are now a dark gray color, The texture used for parts behind the big lower grille appear to be N64 textures. The metallic in the paint has left the chat, leaving behind an orange/yellow color in its absence. The FM7 color was wrong in the first place, looking browner than the bright orange color on the actual SRT4, but the new color is just wrong. The headlights appear to no longer light up the side of the turn signal housing. The turn signal also no longer lights up as a parking lamp. At a glance the taillights look okay but when lit up, it appears they just took the old model and applied a zig-zag pattern to it to simulate diffusion which I found pretty amusing since the real car actually doesn't have any light diffusion in the rear lamps (you should be able to clearly see the bulbs), meaning it was more accurate before they "fixed it". Like the Camaro, the interior was mostly left alone aside from the lower quality emblems and textures.
rB2ji4K.jpg

JEBUrS0.jpg

Many of the same issues with the 2005 M3. Black wheels with machined and polished faces are now that same gray color with that same "metal" face. The headlights are not just dim, but the texture is broken. If you aim the camera directly at them, they look like lava lamps inside. The lights also don't refract on the inside of the lense anymore, in fact none of the cars I've used in the new game do, but they all do in Forza Horizon. The textures for the radiator behind the lower grille are just gone, it's just a flat gray panel now. They did the same thing with the tail lamps as the SRT4, just made a zig-zag pattern over the lights to simulate diffusion. While in FM7 the lenses had no effect on the lights at all which is incorrect, the new ones are massively overdone and completely obscure the details inside the lamp.
FKT3hic.jpg

eY1nQtX.jpg

4qAJSoM.png

wS8hOZv.jpg

This shot not only shows the terrible taillight effect they slapped on many cars in the new game, but also that no effort was taken to update the models, it looks like someone took a router to every edge on the car's bodywork, this goes all the way back to FM2 where it was already being called out on forums.
NGXrhQM.png

My mom owned a MK1. It later became my first car and the car I learned to drive stick on, so I spent a lot of time with the it and remember every little detail about the car. Mom's car was an imported German model, so it shared an interior design and bumpers with the new model in Forza (hers was LHD though), not the US-built Rabbit which had many differences and comparably terrible build quality. Obviously, the NA Rabbit and the Golf are different in many ways like the lights and wheels, but the black plastics are not one of them. The bumpers, fender arches, rear glass surround, trim lines, mirrors and gas cap are all a rough textured black plastic that is prone to oxidization and required weekly maintenance to keep it from turning gray. In the new game all of these parts are a texture-free glossy black, as if they just forgot normal maps exist. The Rabbit model from previous games was heavily tweaked to make it into the Golf and the interior was completely redone to resemble the RHD UK model. The new Golf interior is much worse than the Rabbit interior in FM7, the vinyl texture is almost completely gone, the notorious VW blanks where the optional gauges went is a solid panel in Motorsport with a simple flat texture map in their place. The carpet looks like the shit I used to use to make subwoofer boxes out of in the mid-90s. Everything just seems a bit worse.
HiSlxFa.jpg

79CDjmn.jpg

IHN0ETW.jpg

Based on T10's previous releases, I have zero faith any of this will be fixed. This game was clearly neglected throughout development and it's impossible at this point to fix all the car model errors when they actually created entirely new ones between FM7 and this release. The tracks are another thing entirely, it's as if they took the old tracks, copy/pasted them into the new game, then replaced all the textures with pudding and placed the new 3D trees randomly all over the place, destroying track sightlines that used to be at least fairly accurate. While the environments in FM7 were a huge downgrade from FM5, the current game often looks worse than FM7 thanks to how blurry the post process makes everything look. Nothing looks even close to what was shown in the trailers either. Things are either simpler in terms of geometry, or objects are just absent.
Not only that, the lighting in the Forzavista and paint menus are shit. Some of the rims have the wrong shaders like you mentioned, instead of matt metalic they have grey plastic. The broken logos on some cars that is missing or just a white block. And thank god they have acknowledged the paint bug which is getting fixed in patch 2.0 next week. The paints where completely broken which is the reason why most cars looked dull and bad in the first place.

A guy from GTPlanet has tested this and found some interesting results. The hood is metalic paint, the door is standar paint of the car and the right side back is the same standard color but as a vinyl. Just look how bad the standard color looks on the door.
a-jpg.1297972

And on pc there are even more bugs and graphicall errors. And the same glass shaders error is in the new R8 also which should have clear glass instead of fresnell glass.

You can get captures of FM5 by using the Xbox's screenshot function, that's the only way to do it now I think, same for FM6.

eg. (when they still called this model the SS, before the strange political correctness took over)

ouaLcjF.jpg

MhKMkDC.jpg

Thank you, I haven't run my Xbone in a very long time and don't know/remember where anything is in the console UI anymore, I had to do an hour-long update just to run any games on it. The difference between FM5 and the new Motorsport is crazy, outside self-reflection FM5 looks better in every way.

Not only that, the lighting in the Forzavista and paint menus are shit. Some of the rims have the wrong shaders like you mentioned, instead of matt metalic they have grey plastic. The broken logos on some cars that is missing or just a white block. And thank god they have acknowledged the paint bug which is getting fixed in patch 2.0 next week. The paints where completely broken which is the reason why most cars looked dull and bad in the first place.

A guy from GTPlanet has tested this and found some interesting results. The hood is metalic paint, the door is standar paint of the car and the right side back is the same standard color but as a vinyl. Just look how bad the standard color looks on the door.
a-jpg.1297972

And on pc there are even more bugs and graphicall errors. And the same glass shaders error is in the new R8 also which should have clear glass instead of fresnell glass.

Jesus Fucking Christ. It's retards humping doorknobs over at T10's art department.

vMDHEur.jpg

I64dGes.jpg

rB2ji4K.jpg

JEBUrS0.jpg

FKT3hic.jpg

eY1nQtX.jpg

4qAJSoM.png

wS8hOZv.jpg

NGXrhQM.png

HiSlxFa.jpg

79CDjmn.jpg

IHN0ETW.jpg

MOAB post, T10 should see this and weep at what MSFT leadership had them put out with this half-assed release.

Connxtion

vMDHEur.jpg

I64dGes.jpg

rB2ji4K.jpg

JEBUrS0.jpg

FKT3hic.jpg

eY1nQtX.jpg

4qAJSoM.png

wS8hOZv.jpg

NGXrhQM.png

HiSlxFa.jpg

79CDjmn.jpg

IHN0ETW.jpg

Here here!

I don’t know what they done for 6 years 🙈 less cars than the previous game graphics are worse than previous versions (yes lighting is better, but the texture and details 😑)

Some how they have managed to bork previous car models that were fine in older iterations.

It’s FM6.5 with new lighting & shite RT 🙈 a just don’t get why this took 6 years to make.

Free play still isn’t free play, well it is but I have to buy cars so I can change paint or setups 😑 like WTF, I just want to pick a car, configure it and play without all the cargp crap that’s forced on me.

Photomode is crap, didn’t even use FH5s version & we still don’t get forzavista models or even AI cars using higher lods & this is a next gen only game 😑 like why the hell is it loading when selecting photomode when shit all has changed from in game. I wouldn’t mind if they even changed all the models to high res version when you take the picture, since it has to process the DOF etc… (why it takes its time to show you the final result)

Really really bummed this game is in the state it’s in. You have GT7 that is old now and cross gen with better gameplay and QOL features.

Oh and half the time window wipers don’t work or the vanish in different views 😑😡 but the water droplets still move like they are being moved 😂🙈

Games unfinished & MS should be having a word with folk a T10, playground games knocks it out of the park every single iteration of FH5 with a 2 year turnover with new innovations.

Just boggles my mind.

Anyways, nice write up 🙏

Last edited:
Do you think it's leadership or lack of passion?

I think it's company culture, which is driven in part by leadership. There's tons of talented people at Microsoft and their studios, but Microsoft culture is generally garbage from the top down. I hear this all the time from people who came from there to work at the company I work for.

Think about the best years of Xbox, it's basically been driven by people who didn't spend all their time in Microsoft leadership before they went there.

Do you think it's leadership or lack of passion?

It's both.

If leadership cared this would never have released in this state after 6 years. It's clear there are a lot of extra coffee breaks over at T10 and they probably got nothing done during the covid years.

Any real passion seems to have left them after Forza Motorsport 5 was shoved out the door to be an Xbone launch title with no new game modes, just 13 tracks to race on and just over 300 cars, leading to overwhelming fan backlash at launch. Forza was always more clinical than GT, but after Forza Motorsport 4 the franchise just became square boxes.

Turk1993

Here is the 2004 Subaru again compared to the FM5 model. This is on PC at the highest car detail. I can't match the lighting, this was taken at Road America at noon in direct sunlight but still looks dull. The headlights are lower detail than on FM5 anyway.

9Y98qpZ.jpg
PrHIvEt.jpg
Can you do the same in FM5, These are FM (23) vs FM7 shots. Most cars are significantly upgraded thanks to the new shaders. There are however still some cars that are buggy or unfinished like the Subaru, Dodge Viper, Ferrari 488,.... Which shows the lack of quality control at T10.

60.jpg

61.jpg

63.jpg

62.jpg

64.jpg

Elysium44

Banned
Can you do the same in FM5, These are FM (23) vs FM7 shots. Most cars are significantly upgraded thanks to the new shaders. There are however still some cars that are buggy or unfinished like the Subaru, Dodge Viper, Ferrari 488,.... Which shows the lack of quality control at T10.

Here are those except for the last car, I recognise it but don't remember the name.

iU32YCk.jpg

9w5JUSk.jpg

n0vtqRx.jpg

hotLUzq.jpg

//DEVIL//

Everyone do your self a favor,

go to settings, change the FOV to the max on camera views. ( make sure you custom Camera FOV is on )

then turn off any thing on the screen ( like laps, speed etc. make it as clean as possible )

this will blow your mind how beautiful it does look when FOV is on max

Now, here is a question. I have a super old Logitech Gforce GT. I cant get it to work. when on the website it does say it support it. but i cant even find the wheel option on the settings ( i swear I think i saw it in one of the tabs but its no longer there and when It was, the Gforce GT wasnt one of them ( the whole tap is gone. tried to reboot the game and windows and install drivers but nope nothing. )

anyone can help ?

Top Bottom