• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport (XSX) vs Gran Turismo 7 (PS5) Graphics Comparison (Up: Video in OP replaced as IGN one was not fit for purpose)

Which is better?

• Forza Motorsport(2023)

Votes: 170 24.1%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 404 57.2%
  • Mario Kart 8DX

Votes: 132 18.7%

• Total voters

Senua

Ignoring the graphics, my god the difference in the physics between the two is significant, GT7 the car just floats on the track where's FM the car reacts to all the undulations of the track, very impressive.
Forza's chase cam has camera shake and it pans up/down and in/out for immersion. GTs chase cam is stiff as a board (to a fault imo). That's why you're seeing such a difference in motion.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Ignoring the graphics, my god the difference in the physics between the two is significant, GT7 the car just floats on the track where's FM the car reacts to all the undulations of the track, very impressive.

Im not sure why this video is still being used? This is not how GT7 even looks on the PS5. GT7 looks way better in general then Forza and the new update alone shits on Forza pretty hard.

Forza is a joke without haptics.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

Makes me wonder. Polyphony has these high res models already in-house for like a PS5 Pro update. The car models are just a gen ahead in GT7 it's just not funny anymore. Even environments in Forza aren't always looking better at all.

I purchased both the Porsche and Model 3 yesterday. It's cool to see that the Tesla screen is also working when on reverse, indicators and the navigation.

SimTourist

Makes me wonder. Polyphony has these high res models already in-house for like a PS5 Pro update. The car models are just a gen ahead in GT7 it's just not funny anymore. Even environments in Forza aren't always looking better at all.

I purchased both the Porsche and Model 3 yesterday. It's cool to see that the Tesla screen is also working when on reverse, indicators and the navigation.
Turn10 and PD are both set with the model quality they targeted during Xbox One/PS4 generation, they will never remake the models from scratch again. So the ghost of 1.3 Tflops Xbox One still haunts Turn10 to this day.

Senua

Turn10 and PD are both set with the model quality they targeted during Xbox One/PS4 generation, they will never remake the models from scratch again. So the ghost of 1.3 Tflops Xbox One still haunts Turn10 to this day.
It's not about the tflops. PD we're forward thinking with their LOD0 models with GT sport onwards, they STILL can't be used during gameplay. Forza uses it's best models in gameplay but their best isn't even as good as GTs lower LOD models.

PD Future proofed their models, T10 didn't and now they look outdated as fuck.

SimTourist

It's not about the tflops. PD we're forward thinking with their LOD0 models with GT sport onwards, they STILL can't be used during gameplay. Forza uses it's best models in gameplay but their best isn't even as good as GTs lower LOD models.

PD Future proofed their models, T10 didn't and now they look outdated as fuck.
Well to be fair Turn10 made a lot more of these models if you count all the cars across all Xbox One era games.

Im not sure why this video is still being used? This is not how GT7 even looks on the PS5. GT7 looks way better in general then Forza and the new update alone shits on Forza pretty hard.

Forza is a joke without haptics.
I can't get over the ice skating thing myself. It looks better in the cockpit view for sure. I'll never like GT controls, though. I've played Forza for so long that GT just feels wrong when I play it. I'm sure the opposite is true for people who have played GT for a long time as well.

Unknown?

I love that detail in GT.

Forth

The new Forza is just an embarrassment at this point.
Six years, built from the ground up etc. As much as I believed all of that shit and patiently edited, I currently couldn't care less even if the whole Forza franchise was scrapped and thrown in the bin.
My advice is that if you want a decent console racing SIM buy a PS5.

Are you a simpleton? that's how tyre is spelt in my country, also don't try to be a smart ass ok pal?
Seth Meyers Ugh GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Don’t get your panties all up in a bunch. It’s not that deep.

t_wilson01

Since a certain poster uses YouTube creators as a indicator of realism, I'll put this here ☺️

The Toyota Supra in Gran Turismo games has always been notorious for oversteering. Surely he's not using the stock tires the car comes with, and what's that rear wing meant to do? I'm sure it will increase down force and grip on the rear tires.

Besides, using oversteer as the basis to show which game has more realistic handling/physics makes no sense. It's just a ridiculous comparison.

LokusAbriss

In GT7 you can not even set tyre pressure, something everybody adjust on a real track, from amateur to professional racing team. One of the most important settings for racing. They either dont want to give the player that choice or they have a problem in their engine.

Another problem is the feel of the cars. Everything drives on rails.

Forza always felt more natural behind the wheel. And was always a better transition between real driving and on a simulator.

But that doesnt mean that Forza has the better physics.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
wow...this thread still going. I just now watched the video. From the cockpit view I thought Forza looked better, but when they went ot a 3rd person view GT7's colors pop much more. Forza had more going on in the background and environment, but the colors seems muted. I don't know if this is on purpose or something that is a side effect of raytracing. GT7 has a much cleaner look, although it's missing a lot of the background flare and atmosphere. I'd like to see different weather patterns in both games as I don't think this single video would tell the whole story.

Since we have this video alone though, if I were to choose....I think GT7 has it by a bit, though I prefer the audio of Forza.

He does mention the static camera for GT in the video, but yeah. This is a dumb video for sure. Cockpit view would obviously be a better comparison.
In all fairness he's talking about the handling of this particular car and how it compares to the real thing, the camera angle is irrelevant as the handling is the same regardless. I'm sure he's played using the cockpit view anyway.

In this video you can better appreciate the physics of Gran Turismo.

The GT camera is static and remains aligned with the car at all times, and at that height you often can't even see the wheels.

That's a bit better but again very basic in comparison to FM. I think now it's clear a lot of the dev time went into the new physics engine. Playing Forza 7 for instance there is a big difference, Forza 7 was behind Gran Turismo but this new Forza has leaped in front IMO.

That's a bit better but again very basic in comparison to FM. I think now it's clear a lot of the dev time went into the new physics engine. Playing Forza 7 for instance there is a big difference, Forza 7 was behind Gran Turismo but this new Forza has leaped in front IMO.
I don't think one has better physics than the other, Forza simply has a camera closer to the ground and with more movement than Gran Turismo.

Top Bottom