• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport (XSX) vs Gran Turismo 7 (PS5) Graphics Comparison (Up: Video in OP replaced as IGN one was not fit for purpose)

Which is better?

• Forza Motorsport(2023)

Votes: 170 24.1%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 404 57.2%
  • Mario Kart 8DX

Votes: 132 18.7%

• Total voters
4KnWl3w.gif

//DEVIL//

Do you make these shitty videos? If not, can you tell me who does so I can go round to his house and bang his coupon for such shit taste in music.

Thanks.
I am sorry but did you just call GoT main theme song shitty taste in music ? gtfo and never comeback ever again -_-

JackMcGunns

Have we already had that?^^

It's using screen space reflections for the rain/ground, the same as GT7. What it's doing different is using ray traced reflections for the cars, so you will see accurate reflections of other vehicles as they pass by. What it's NOT doing is ray traced global illumination.

Still doing more than GT7 and it shows in that video I posted, which makes the games look a generation apart.

Last edited:

Unknown?

It's using screen space reflections for the rain/ground, the same as GT7. What it's doing different is using ray traced reflections for the cars, so you will see accurate reflections of other vehicles as they pass by. What it's NOT doing is ray traced global illumination.

Still doing more than GT7 and it shows in that video I posted, which makes the games look a generation apart.

A generation apart. Holy crap, dude!!

Emet_bp

GT7 uses planar reflections, not screen space reflections like FM. In photo mode it uses RT reflections everywhere (cars, track, surroundings).

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
That video is the most lazy video posted, and all others are getting ignored because in the rest of the videos, GT7 wipes the floor in more areas with Forza.

Also GT7 doesn’t look like that at all. Im not sure what they’ve done with the colours? Second: a lot of comparisons also use the PS4 version instead of the PS5 version.

Three

Not my quote, but people responding to it. Of course the entire game doesn't look a gen apart, but when you look at that video, there are parts that jump out at you, especially the first half. Pretty drastic difference if you ask me 🤷‍♂️
Still haven't changed your avatar after losing the September NPD bet I see.

JackMcGunns

GT7 uses planar reflections, not screen space reflections like FM. In photo mode it uses RT reflections everywhere (cars, track, surroundings).

I mean, photo mode? why even point that out lol. Forza is using planar reflections too apparently, those are typically used on flat surfances, nothign ground breaking. What IS ground breaking is the use of RTAO (Ray traced ambient occlusion) and ray traced reflections off vehicles, cool when one passes by.

Here's a link showing all reflection modes for Forza:

JackMcGunns

Still haven't changed your avatar after losing the September NPD bet I see.

Still waiting to be told what I'm supposed to be changing it to, I asked twice in that thread. Sounds like you have something personal going there, why do you care? What does this have to do with Forza vs GT7? 🤔

Last edited:

Emet_bp

I mean, photo mode? why even point that out lol. Forza is using planar reflections too apparently, those are typically used on flat surfances, nothign ground breaking. What IS ground breaking is the use of RTAO (Ray traced ambient occlusion) and ray traced reflections off vehicles, cool when one passes by.

Here's a link showing all reflection modes for Forza:

What are you talking about? GT7 uses planar reflections during gameplay, RT reflections on cars in replays + planar reflections on the ground and RT everywhere in photo mode (+ RTAO)
FM uses RTAO + simple RT reflections on cars and cheap screen space reflections in hood cam and on the ground.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

What are you talking about? GT7 uses planar reflections during gameplay, RT reflections on cars in replays and RT everywhere in photo mode (+ RTAO)
FM uses RTAO simple RT reflections on cars and cheap screen space reflections in hood cam and on the ground.

In replay and photo mode are NOT real-time.

Also, you're wrong about Forza not using Planar reflections, see the link I posted.

Last edited:

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
I found absolutely great thing about FM's graphics - and It's volumetric fog. You can actually see a volumes of air, especially at night which makes whole picture look more '3D' and all the lights are interacting with it beautifully.
GT7 supposed to use this too but it isn't - fog used in GT7 is very flat or not used at all in almost any case giving a very stirile picture. Glad if I'm wrong.

BigLee74

I can’t comment for GT7 having never played it, but after a few weeks with Forza I can safely say gameplay gfx highs are very high, but its much more frequent lows can be plain (offering little in the way of visual improvements over previous iterations). I guess this is just the nature of the beast with dynamic time of day and weather, and all the baggage that comes with that.

Its photomode is just a constant source of disappointment (although thankfully this isnt what you play).

With regards to the actual racing - it feels exceptional on a controller. Of that I have no doubt.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Is this true? 🤔

Why are you sharing a single post with no comments from a single random anonymous user on a different forum here?

For fucks sake

Last edited:
Is this true? 🤔

No. It seems mostly the same to me. I think they are just noticing the variable resolution in that graphics mode to keep frame rate at 60fps. If anything, the graphics improved a bit due to fixing some of the lod and shader issues. But it’s mostly the same unless you scrutinize in photo mode.

Top Bottom