• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

France - 2008 console sales figures

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
cw_sasuke said:
PS3 - 708,000
Xbox 360 - 566,000
Whoa. Xbox is closer to PS3 than I thought.

Considering where Xbox was in Europe last generation I'd imagine Microsoft is very happy with these numbers.

Gabyskra

Banned
Shiggy said:
Wii: 249 EUR
Xbox 360: 199 EUR
PS3: 399 EUR + game

(recommended price)

The 360 arcade is actually 179€ and for the past couple of months it was actually 139€ with a discount.

PS3 has so many bundles it's hard to give just one price.

Aru

Arcade 360 is 179 €, not 199 €.
And until 01.17.2009, you get a 40 € refund if you buy any of the 360 SKUs.

EDIT: Beaten.

Diamond

To sum up :

Arcade : 179€
Premium : 239€
Elite : 300€

For Christmas there is a discount of 40€ on all 360s and a discount of 50€ on all PS3s (until january 17th).

And the taxes are included, by the way.

f@luS

More than a member.
VideoMan said:

Considering where Xbox was in Europe last generation I'd imagine Microsoft is very happy with these numbers.
happy? being 2* cheaper and selling worst , no they cant.

Ariexv

VideoMan said:

Especially since for Europe as a whole they're winning by 1 million +

Banned
f@luS said:

Sony said that after all the add-ons that you have to buy that the 360 is more expensive than the PS3. Amazing the 360 is so close being so expensive.

DeZimatoR said:
Killzone gifs

Every damn thread. We've all seen them, no need to post them again and again and again. Killzone 2 support borders on messianic worship on this board, its getting ridiculous.

VideoMan said:

The price drop certainly had the desired effect.

nextgeneration said:
Anyone have ltd numbers?

Pour le Francé;

Xbox 360 = 1,155,000
Wii = 2,880,000
PS3 = 1,271,000

That's based on the LTDs that were released at the end of 2007 and the 2008 YTDs from this thread.

iceatcs

Big price cut on 360 does help lot in France in past 6 months. Almost 76% sales in Last half of 2008 for 360. Price does matter in most of the terms. Hope will steady for 2009.

PS3 might do the same for 2009 price cut and should get a good boost like 360. Then hopeful PS360 will finally more than Wii in 2009 but it might be close call.

Xav

brain_stew said:
Every damn thread. We've all seen them, no need to post them again and again and again. Killzone 2 support borders on messianic worship on this board, its getting ridiculous.
Sequels only deserve hype when the first game is actually good in my opinion. My prediction for Killzone 2 is a decent shooter that does nothing new but looks pretty 7/10.
Those DS sales are impressive but seriously what are people playing on the DS, personally Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword was the only game released in 2008 that I got.

Shiggy said:
Wii: 249 EUR
Xbox 360: 199 EUR
PS3: 399 EUR + game

(recommended price)

PS3 outselling the Xbox 360 at a significantly higher price. It's going to be interesting to see what PS3 sales do over there once Sony decides to drop the price.

Ariexv

Private Hoffman said:
PS3 outselling the Xbox 360 at a significantly higher price. It's going to be interesting to see what PS3 sales do over there once Sony decides to drop the price.
Didn't you hear? Ps3 is cheaper

350kt4l.jpg

Private Hoffman said:

Im not sure but didnt MS say that they were outselling the ps3 in france after the price drop?

VideoMan said:

f@luS said:

Not to mention they had 1.5 years of an advantage in regards as the 360 being the only HD console in the market in Europe, and a full year advantage as a new system. As soon as they drop the PS3's price, it's going to leave the 360 well behind.

Banned
Philanthropist said:
Not to mention they had 1.5 years of an advantage in regards as the 360 being the only HD console in the market in Europe, and a full year advantage as a new system. As soon as they drop the PS3's price, it's going to leave the 360 well behind.

This is 2008 sales genius.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Forsete said:
Nintex: Does KZ2 piss you off?
So you haven't heard about what KZ2 did to his family?

kmfdmpig

Philanthropist said:
Yes. With such a huge lead over a year's span they're bound to catch up worldwide in like 30 years. Oh wait. It's only meant to be a 10 year console, isn't it? The discrepancy for the entire year in France will be about 1/4 of the discrepancy between PS3 and 360 in the US for December, so I don't think it's really a pivotal battlefield, although certainly Europe as a whole is.

It seems to me that the real key to Sony catching up worldwide is it taking off in Japan, and things look to be getting better for them there, although probably not as quickly as they need them to.

PJX

brain_stew said:

Especially when its not that good of a game either. I was on the beta for awhile but stop playing it cause it got boring and didn't impress me much. I went back to playing Resistance which I found to be a much better and more fun game well at least when it comes to FPS on the PS3.

PJX said:
Especially when its not that good of a game either. I was on the beta for awhile but stop playing it cause it got boring and didn't impress me much. I went back to playing Resistance which I found to be a much better and more fun game well at least when it comes to FPS on the PS3.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Credibility in shambles.

Banned
PJX said:

Impossible. You are an xbot and have never played KZ2. Any person or website that doesnt think KZ2 is perfect is junk.

sarcasm

Private Hoffman said:

Credibility in shambles.

Yes, anyone that has a differnet apinion than you should be laughed at and ignored.

BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
Im not sure but didnt MS say that they were outselling the ps3 in france after the price drop?
Outselling after the price drop doesn't mean they sold more for the whole year.

Private Hoffman said:

Credibility in shambles.
Least he has credibility to lose.

Karma said:
Yes, anyone that has a differnet apinion than you should be laughed at and ignored.

Hey, if he thinks KZ2 isn't any good, he should have talked about it in the various KZ2 threads, which he has been completely absent from during the entire beta period going by his post history. Just a little odd when he says it "didn't impress him". But hey, like I said, join the KZ2 thread if you want to talk about that.

This thread is about French 2008 console sales. I'd be interested to know what the actual breakdown of these stats are, week by week, but sadly we will never get such info.

Private Hoffman said:
Hey, if he thinks KZ2 isn't any good, he should have talked about it in the various KZ2 threads, which he has been completely absent from during the entire beta period going by his post history. Just a little odd when he says it "didn't impress him". But hey, like I said, join the KZ2 thread if you want to talk about that.

This thread is about French 2008 console sales.
Maybe if people stopped posting KZ2 gifs, then the game wouldn't have even been brought up.

BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
Um i know that all you have to do is read the OP.
So whats the problem?

Banned
Private Hoffman said:

This thread is about French 2008 console sales.

I tried to join the KZ2 thread with a simple question of R2 vs R1 customization and was told my preference was wrong. That thread is not for anything but positive reactions.

Mindlog

Private Hoffman said:

This thread is about French 2008 console sales. I'd be interested to know what the actual breakdown of these stats are, week by week, but sadly we will never get such info.

I know plenty of people plying KZ2 and not participating in that 'discussion.' Most are enjoying it and have pre-ordered.

Did the NPD, MC, whatever collaboration yeild any public results?

Karma said:
I tried to join the KZ2 thread with a simple question of R2 vs R1 customization and was told my preference was wrong. That thread is not for anything but positive reactions.

The KZ2 horde scare me. They're actually turning me off the game.

Banned
brain_stew said:
The KZ2 horde scare me. They're actually turning me off the game.

I know. I asked a simple question about switching primary fire from R1 to R2 and was told that R1 was PERFECT and I should be forced to use it. R2 is crap for primary fire in FPSs. WTF is that?

brain_stew said:

More like vermin. This board needs a good spraying of NPD numbers before they start to breed.

Karma said:
I know. I asked a simple question about switching primary fire from R1 to R2 and was told that R1 was PERFECT and I should be forced to use it. R2 is crap for primary fire in FPSs. WTF is that?
yeah man, i still don't understand how people can shoot with R1.

why can a launch game like Resistance have full customization, but so many other games fail?

that's another thing i loved about UT3, full customization.

There's a 220 euro difference in price between the cheapest 360/PS3 consoles, which amounts to about a $300 difference in USD once you do the exchange rate.

I find that fact to be pretty astounding, given these YTD numbers.

Top Bottom