• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free $5.99 PSN Credit Thread Of Why Not?! (Official Sony Promotion/NA region only)

Doomrider

GeoramA said:
Alundra for $6 is probably the best value on the whole store, but he wanted a turn-based RPG.
Oops, you're right, I didn't realize he was asking specifically for turn-based RPG recommendations. I was referring to my own indecision in the previous post, anyway =P

And that sounds great!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If you want turn based, go for Grandia, but you have to shell out an extra $4.

Aeana

Doomrider said:
Oops, you're right, I didn't realize he was asking specifically for turn-based RPG recommendations. I was referring to my own indecision in the previous post, anyway =P

And that sounds great!
Well Alundra is indeed incredible. It is the best Zeldaalike I've played, and i like it better than some Zelda games even. So yeah if anybody is eyeing that, go for it.

shagg_187 said:
Spend $60 or more in October at any given time and get $10 back.
Hmmm, I don't think I spent $60 in October, though I'm not 100% sure. Did they e-mail you a code or was it just automatically refunded?

Gez said:
Guys get Elemental monster -Online Card Game- its 99cents and has a Plat.

Blow the rest on a Booster pack.
This is also a great suggestion, though the platinum will most likely cost you more than $1 if you want to get it in a sane amount of time.

Has a very RPG vibe to it too, for those looking for a fix.

Takuan

Thanks for this. I am going to either put this toward NBA Jam or RE4:HD. I'm just going to wait for some holiday sales so I can pay even less.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
:eek: Nice!

What are the opinions on Threads of Fate? It's pretty much the only PS1 RPG they have that I don't own in some form. I played the demo once long ago and remember enjoying it.

Aeana

Lissar said:

What are the opinions on Threads of Fate? It's pretty much the only PS1 RPG they have that I don't own in some form. I played the demo once long ago and remember enjoying it.
Totally average action RPG with a fantastic soundtrack.

DonMigs85

BTW I actually have 2 US accounts on my machine - but if I receive 2 codes I wonder if I can use both of them on just 1 account.

Doomrider

Aeana said:
Well Alundra is indeed incredible. It is the best Zeldaalike I've played, and i like it better than some Zelda games even. So yeah if anybody is eyeing that, go for it.
That's some high praise. And considering GeoramA's comment, it's probably a long game as well. I've been wanting to play it for some time, so I guess that settles it, then.

Thanks for the help!

Noshino

Is there any confirmation message/email?

Im working on a crappy internet connection, so kinda want to make sure that it went through
:C

Noshino said:
Is there any confirmation message/email?

Im working on a crappy internet connection, so kinda want to make sure that it went through
:C

The page should refresh and say "Thank you for signing up for emails from us. You’ll receive an email with your Video Unlimited code within 72 hours."

chessnut

godhand for $4 =)

so will this automatically be applied to the account or will we get an e-mail with a voucher? i didn't bother reading.

Yuterald

Glad so many people are picking up Breath of Fire IV. One of my favorite, if not favorite RPGs on PSone. Enjoy it for those who are first-timing this! =)

Cruzader

Banned
b.mak said:
godhand for $4 =)

so will this automatically be applied to the account or will we get an e-mail with a voucher? i didn't bother reading.
I feel offended!

Jk, you get an email with a code.

SlickVic

Thanks for posting this. I saw this thread on CAG before but ignored it because it just mentioned it was a movie credit. Probably will use this towards Infamous Festival of Blood.

Cactus

Banned
Lissar said:

The demo is more fun than the full game.

Great soundtrack though.

Dambrosi

Banned
Hmm, went through OK for me. Now to wait a couple of days to see if I get a code.

UK PS3 with a US account, by the way.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Thanks for the opinions guys. I'll probably get something else then.

Maybe I'll go with something completely different like Silent Hill or Soul Reaver. Never played Silent Hill, but loved Soul Reaver.

Cruzader

Banned
_Isaac said:
I wish it would say if the supplies are done, so I wouldn't have to bother. I haven't received anything. :/
Wait 24-72 hours. I got mine roughly a day after. Takes less than a minute, just do it.

Doomrider

Lissar said:
Thanks for the opinions guys. I'll probably get something else then.

Maybe I'll go with something completely different like Silent Hill or Soul Reaver. Never played Silent Hill, but loved Soul Reaver.
If you're looking for a genuinely scary game, you can't go wrong with Silent Hill. It's one of the best horror games out there, as far as I'm concerned.

Also, consider getting Vagrant Story if you don't have it already. Amazing story, presentation and characters.

styl3s

Good thing i own 4 US accounts, just redeemed all 4 earlier tonight.

Guess this makes up for those "free" ms points i missed out on.

Now what to buy...

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Doomrider said:
If you're looking for a genuinely scary game, you can't go wrong with Silent Hill. It's one of the best horror games out there, as far as I'm concerned (in the sense that it's one of the few that is actually scary).

Also, consider getting Vagrant Story if you don't have it already. Amazing story, presentation and characters.

Yeah, I've heard it's pretty good so I'd like to try it. I've been getting into horror games recently and I don't mind older graphics at all so I thought it would be fun to go back and play some of the "history" of the genre.

I have Vagrant Story already! It is very good :>

Top Bottom