• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Assassin's Creed 3 Xbox download (China account required)

NIGHT-

HOw do you migrate please? Do i delete the stored game first? And do you change the details on the site or through your account settings on the xbox?

wilflare

did the migration trick..
well here's hoping
(1) nothing comes up for NA/Singapore region the next three months (or if it does come out, it's available for CN as well)
(2) the ban hammer does not strike

Santiako

did the migration trick..
well here's hoping
(1) nothing comes up for NA/Singapore region the next three months (or if it does come out, it's available for CN as well)
(2) the ban hammer does not strike

You did the migration for the wrong account, you have to migrate the chinese account to your country.

did you set the migration to you own country?

Yeah.

I left the game on background downloading.

When I cam back I signed in on my main profile and AC3 want in my games list.

So I sogned in on my chinese account, started the game, then signed out and into my main profile.

Game works perfectly.

Dont think it has the online pass though?

I posted it 12 hours ago: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=51921027

In fact maybe you have no need to migrate your account to other countries if you know a homebrew software named Marketplace, easy to download it via PC with high speed, then transfer it to your Xbox 360, here is AC3 xcp link: http://xbox-ecn102.vo.msecnd.net/content/555308ae/4ae61194481fa3b1cd54369dee82c7c934421e37.xcp

It's a Microsoft mistake, because MS has no permission to sell Xbox 360 consoles and games in China mainland, Xbox.com China is for WP7/8 and Win8 games only. Someone in M$ made a mistake to send these test info to the product pages.

fnmore1

I don't see an option to buy the game on the Assassin's Creed page after I've done everything correctly.

Am I too late?

tbhysgb

Got my acct migrated to USoA at like 77% and it works perfectly. I already have the ps3 version but the 360 version looks better. I've only played an hour of the ps3 version so I'll get to it someday lol.

xam3l

In fact maybe you have no need to migrate your account to other countries if you know a homebrew software named Marketplace, easy to download it via PC with high speed, then transfer it to your Xbox 360, here is AC3 xcp link: http://xbox-ecn102.vo.msecnd.net/content/555308ae/4ae61194481fa3b1cd54369dee82c7c934421e37.xcp

It's a Microsoft mistake, because MS has no permission to sell Xbox 360 consoles and games in China mainland, Xbox.com China is for WP7/8 and Win8 games only. Someone in M$ made a mistake to send these test info to the product pages.

It's this method, ilegal? Or dont you need your console modded?

Dreaver

Appearntly I can still play the game with the Chinese account of a friend (who's migrated to the same country as mine now). He retrieved it and he can play the game on his main account, I retrieved it with his "Chinese account" so I still have the ability to play. :) However it sucks that I can't play it with my main profile, but I don't think it's worth paying $30 just for the achievements...

SirKhalid

Hum, seems to work I'm in-game. Weird thing is my download was at 77% and I opened my tv to see if I passed the 80%, but it was actually complete. It took me like 9 hours to do about 80% and now 23% in 20 minutes? Something might have happen at 80%...

Appearntly I can still play the game with the Chinese account of a friend (who's migrated to the same country as mine now). He retrieved it and he can play the game on his main account, I retrieved it with his "Chinese account" so I still have the ability to play. :) However it sucks that I can't play it with my main profile, but I don't think it's worth paying $30 just for the achievements...

Once the game is loaded, log into your main account and you should be able to play on your main account.

You will have to load the game with the chinese account everytime though

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Once the game is loaded, log into your main account and you should be able to play on your main account.

I can start with my main account directly just fine. You should be able to play a game on a 360 with any account on it, as long as the game is attached to that console.

Hum, seems to work I'm in-game. Weird thing is my download was at 77% and I opened my tv to see if I passed the 80%, but it was actually complete. It took me like 9 hours to do about 80% and now 23% in 20 minutes? Something might have happen at 80%...

I'm almost positive that 80% was the game and 20% was title update, it took hours for me to get to 80 and then it was at 100 in minutes.

If I didn't manage to grab the game in time, would I be able to transfer it to my Xbox 360 and play it using the XCP link?

OrangeOak

Like I said before,downloading is finished at 80% now.
It is that way after some dashboard update.
It actually goes all the way to 100% but the last 20% take just a few seconds.

statham

PM me next time and I'll make the thread and give you credit.

Dreaver

Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't work. When I sign in from the dashboard I'm having the message "Can't load the game" (or something similar) and when I switch account in-game I get the message I need to sign in with an account that has AC3 purchased (I get the message at both my own "wrong-country Chinese account" and my main profile).

Majukun

at this time i'll have to wait three months to see if i can migrate the account to my country and download the game...that sucks :/

Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't work. When I sign in from the dashboard I'm having the message "Can't load the game" (or something similar) and when I switch account in-game I get the message I need to sign in with an account that has AC3 purchased (I get the message at both my own "wrong-country Chinese account" and my main profile).

Hmmm. If you have two controllers, have the Chinese account on the second controller, with your main on the first controller?

Korosenai

Ok, so I was stuck at 76%, migrated my account to the U.S., went to download history and clicked download again, and now it went from 76% to 77% and now it's stuck at 77%. :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm late to this migration business. Why are people doing this?

I mean the game is working fine on my primary gamertag

Korosenai

The multiplayer is so fun and intense. It's crazy to be standing still in a crowd of people for a minute or two just to have one of the "cpu's" next to you turn out to be a real human and start chasing after someone.

So I "bought" it early afternoon today, only just now did I try to download, it didn't work. I read about the migration, so I migrated to the US, and now it's downloading, so it does work!!! Thanks so much!

Top Bottom