• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free The Witcher 2 for Xbox 360 in US,CA,UK,GER,FR until Feb. 5 (Playable on X1)

I just got it from the online store and now I'm going to download it to my Xbox. I could never stick with the PC version for very long. My PC isn't great and I could never balance between gameplay and looks. I'll probably buy the Witcher 3 for PS4 though.

I tried getting it on my Xbox 360, but it doesn't show up in the store there. Guess I'll need to add a credit card...

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on my console. Awesome.

Nazo

So...Do people who got it with Games with Gold a while ago get to play it on the Xbone or am I shit outta luck?

Gestault

So...Do people who got it with Games with Gold a while ago get to play it on the Xbone or am I shit outta luck?

Yeah, any games you own digitally show up as soon as they add it to BC. And 360 GwG are owned by the account, not tied to ongoing Gold membership.

Nazo

Of course you do, if you own it you can install it on your Xbox One.

Oh, well that's cool. I was under the impression anything that was previously available with on GwG wouldn't be available to owners of said games on Xbone BC. Don't know why I thought that. I'm glad to see I was mistaken. Downloading it now!

Plum

Just started it (not doing a serious play through however), but this port is really impressive for a 360 game. Apart from the obvious graphical and performance downgrades it looks great and runs well.

Nah got it 5 minutes ago.

Edit: Nevermind, works now. Switched the location a bunch of times and it showed up now.

Xbox one is terrible at auto updating lists, best thing to do is power cycle the console or something that forces the machine to completely reboot.

Iastfan112

Neo Member
So what is the weird reason this is not for every country?
Because i cant think of anything.

Could be related to agreements with their publishers. After the fiasco of attempting to port Witcher 1 I know they had to sign away more of the the distribution rights to the Witcher 2 than they would have preferred. Company was in serious fiscal distress at that point.

Thanks for the link! I already own and played through the game on PC, but I've always been curious to see how the x360 version compares.

Downloaded and played a good chunk of the opening. No glaring issues whatsoever. In fact this might be one of those cases where the game runs better on the One than 360; most notably the horrific screen tearing that the 360 version of the game suffered from is now nowhere in sight. Frame rate holds steady throughout as well.

JClarke

Banned
Not working for me in the UK. I have a sneaky feeling i may already down it digitally though, anyway to see transaction history ?

Edit : Yep already own it digitally as of July 2014, guess it should just show up on my Xbox one ?

Edit 2: Apparently I also purchased Tales of Vesperia and Dark souls, wonder if they will be added to the backwards compatibility list

TimFL

Still not working in germany. When I follow OPs link it tells me the offer is not valid in my region, when I manually search for it in the german store it comes up as "Package only" with no way to download/buy.

//EDIT: Nvm, there is a 360 store entry that works.

so how is this game on the 360? i have the PC version, but playing it with a controller (I assume it isn't native on the PC) sounds very appealing to me

edit: nvm I guess the PC version does have controller support. i'll stick to that

Still dont see the game in my ready to install list?

Same here. I put the country on the site to Netherlands and downloaded it, shouldn't it show up on Xbox One in the Ready to Install area right away? Or do I have to put my Xbox One to Netherlands for that too?

psychotron

Downloaded and played a good chunk of the opening. No glaring issues whatsoever. In fact this might be one of those cases where the game runs better on the One than 360; most notably the horrific screen tearing that the 360 version of the game suffered from is now nowhere in sight. Frame rate holds steady throughout as well.

I was pretty surprised myself. I may be wrong but the controls felt somehow more responsive too. I did notice a lot of pop-in, but can't remember if it was there before.

I don't have my Xbox 360 powered on, let alone connected. But do I need to download it first on that before it shows up on Xbox One or something?

Top Bottom