• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Planet |OT| Dogs and Cats, Fighting Together; Mass Hysteria

Tizoc

Yo man what gives?! I was expecting some funny cartoony animal shenanigans but right at the intro cutscene
SOME DUDE'S HEAD GETS CHOPPED OFF!
Enjoy it so far and I DON't mind the story, but bah gawd it has the music and look of Genesis games of yore.

Oh and kudos for having a mode that lets you play WITHOUT THE CUTSCENES! Ducktales remastered could've madeuse of such an option XD.

Falk

that puzzling face
So uh. This game has amazing speedrunner potential.

Some that come up on google/yt searches aren't applicable anymore due to mechanics/balance changes, but this one's a good example off of the first stage.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wow, I'm absolutely loving this game. Incredibly tight controls, wonderful action, great music, everything. It really does feel like a lost mid-90s platformer.

The story and characters aren't really doing it for me but everything else is top notch. Just a remarkably fun game.

With all the attention Shovel Knight received I'm kind of disappointed that Freedom Planet is being ignored. It's not quite as flawless as Shovel Knight but it's easily one of the best 2D platformers in years.

Piccoro

Wow, I'm absolutely loving this game. Incredibly tight controls, wonderful action, great music, everything. It really does feel like a lost mid-90s platformer.

The story and characters aren't really doing it for me but everything else is top notch. Just a remarkably fun game.

With all the attention Shovel Knight received I'm kind of disappointed that Freedom Planet is being ignored. It's not quite as flawless as Shovel Knight but it's easily one of the best 2D platformers in years.

It helped that Shovel Knight was released on more platforms...

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Game absolutely falls apart in the final Dreadnaught stages. The bosses in particular have broken tier pattern swapping at the drop of a hat (The Snake is just ridiculously broken) and dont even seem tested and tuned to your jump height/speed for certain patterns.

A shame as I had enjoyed the game (not the story, good god, horrendous worse of the worst shit -- wise move putting an 'Arcade' mode in) but a chore of an ending segment sours the whole thing. Felt like a classic example of what fan-games get wrong that professional indies get right in design. Even though its spent a hell of a lot of time in the oven, those last stages needed a lot more fine tuning and testing if all the alpha and beta testers didnt kick up enough of a stink or just chose to ignore it.

HyperHip

Yo man what gives?! I was expecting some funny cartoony animal shenanigans but right at the intro cutscene
SOME DUDE'S HEAD GETS CHOPPED OFF!
Enjoy it so far and I DON't mind the story, but bah gawd it has the music and look of Genesis games of yore.

Oh and kudos for having a mode that lets you play WITHOUT THE CUTSCENES! Ducktales remastered could've madeuse of such an option XD.

The violence imo feels a little out of place, especially the
torture scene end of the Thermal Base.

Yuterald

Game absolutely falls apart in the final Dreadnaught stages. The bosses in particular have broken tier pattern swapping at the drop of a hat (The Snake is just ridiculously broken) and dont even seem tested and tuned to your jump height/speed for certain patterns.

A shame as I had enjoyed the game (not the story, good god, horrendous worse of the worst shit -- wise move putting an 'Arcade' mode in) but a chore of an ending segment sours the whole thing. Felt like a classic example of what fan-games get wrong that professional indies get right in design. Even though its spent a hell of a lot of time in the oven, those last stages needed a lot more fine tuning and testing if all the alpha and beta testers didnt kick up enough of a stink or just chose to ignore it.

Aw man, this is exactly what I feared. I knew looking at the Time Attack Achievements that things weren't looking too hot. I mean, if I recall correctly, one of them sets the record for 14 minutes...does that mean the stage, when not cutting corners/making good time, is like, what, 30 minutes!? There's 4 Dreadnaught stages too!? I'm hardcore dreading playing those levels now (lol!). I impulse purchased this game as I dug some some/most of what it was going for, but I gotta agree, a lot of this screams inexperience fan-mod land and I sort of regret diving right into this day one (I can't believe I fell for all of the classic Sega game love-talk).

I just finished the Relic Maze and it was packed with like a million ideas/stage mechanics, but none of it felt cohesive or tight. When I got to the "ice cavern" part, I was like, "how the fuck is this not a separate/new stage!?". Coming off of Shovel Knight a few weeks ago (which, in my opinion, is a much better example/display of stage design/flow and how to properly present ideas/mechanics while layering them in a tight, cohesive manner), this feels like the complete opposite. No restraint, no "comb-over", as I'd like to say. Even if I didn't compare it to Yacht Club games (as they're obviously a more experienced/talented studio) there's comparable "Indy" action/adventure games out there developed by small-ish teams that showcase way better/more refined craftsmanship when it comes to stage design/flow (like Bleed and Noitu Love 2: Devolution, for example).

Oh, and forget the story/cut scenes/dialogue, it's SUPER cringe-town deluxe. That scene where they were eating popcorn, watching a movie, my god...It really is a shame because from what I can gather this was a labor of love and the developer had all the right intentions/ideas, but the entire game just feels way too unfocused/messy for me. Just a big "what could have been".

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Aw man, this is exactly what I feared. I knew looking at the Time Attack Achievements that things weren't looking too hot. I mean, if I recall correctly, one of them sets the record for 14 minutes...does that mean the stage, when not cutting corners/making good time, is like, what, 30 minutes!? There's 4 Dreadnaught stages too!? I'm hardcore dreading playing those levels now (lol!). I impulse purchased this game as I dug some some/most of what it was going for, but I gotta agree, a lot of this screams inexperience fan-mod land and I sort of regret diving right into this day one (I can't believe I fell for all of the classic Sega game love-talk).

I just finished the Relic Maze and it was packed with like a million ideas/stage mechanics, but none of it felt cohesive or tight. When I got to the "ice cavern" part, I was like, "how the fuck is this not a separate/new stage!?". Coming off of Shovel Knight a few weeks ago (which, in my opinion, is a much better example/display of stage design/flow and how to properly present ideas/mechanics while layering them in a tight, cohesive manner), this feels like the complete opposite. No restraint, no "comb-over", as I'd like to say. Even if I didn't compare it to Yacht Club games (as they're obviously a more experienced/talented studio) there's comparable "Indy" action/adventure games out there developed by small-ish teams that showcase way better/more refined craftsmanship when it comes to stage design/flow (like Bleed and Noitu Love 2: Devolution, for example).

Oh, and forget the story/cut scenes/dialogue, it's SUPER cringe-town deluxe. That scene where they were eating popcorn, watching a movie, my god...It really is a shame because from what I can gather this was a labor of love and the developer had all the right intentions/ideas, but the entire game just feels way too unfocused/messy for me. Just a big "what could have been".

The stages aren't tooo bad (I agree they all begin to wear out their welcome with too many phases however), its basically that the mechanics sort of begin to fall apart by that point by what an amateur's idea of difficulty should be. In an effort to clone every single Genesis game at once and squeeze them into the stew-pot, this is when everything boils over and turns to badness.

Probably the biggest problem is the lack of 'flashing' invincibility frames on your character when you get hit. This means, later on when giant lasers and pattern breaking bosses arrive, you can get stun-locked and lose all your health at once and call bullshit. While I commend the effort of referencing greats like Gunstar Heroes and Rocket Knight Adventures, you cant just lift their bosses and style of bosses without the mechanics to deal with them. If somethings shooting me from a screen away and then flying up above while I'm waiting an age for my flying attack to charge, you gotta leave those windows open longer. Also, you got to telegraph attacks or its just you wailing on a boss hoping it doesnt unleash its bullshit move at random.

The story is that fan-fic tier of stuff you write as a teen thats still a fan of things aimed at all ages, but trying to sex and blood them up so you feel more comfortable about identifying those things as your jam. Then you layer it with self inserts (No matter how much you are tempted to, do not insert yourself as the COMMANDER and then voice him, and then harem up your girls DONT DO IT) and just super creepy stuff (the dog and the 'dragon' at one point arrange a 'play-date'. Sonichu is going to jump out of the bushes any second).

Theres also a point at which 'game homages' blurs all the way into what appears to be straight sprite ripping which is like "okay guys, come on now" and the goodwill of referencing all that stuff I love that lead me to buy the game is replaced by a sort of bad feeling that I shouldn't have supported this quite so early on at full price.

The story is that fan-fic tier of stuff you write as a teen thats still a fan of things aimed at all ages, but trying to sex and blood them up so you feel more comfortable about identifying those things as your jam. Then you layer it with self inserts (No matter how much you are tempted to, do not insert yourself as the COMMANDER and then voice him, and then harem up your girls DONT DO IT) and just super creepy stuff (the dog and the 'dragon' at one point arrange a 'play-date'. Sonichu is going to jump out of the bushes any second).

I really don't get the hate for the story. 'Fan-fic tier'? Really? What fanfics have you been reading? Sure, the narrative isn't perfect and the voices are somewhat subjective (I thought they were pretty great overall), but you could do much worse. A lot worse. I've played AAA titles with much worse stories and characters. If you don't like it regardless, oh, hey, there's classic mode and skip options. Fancy that.

Also, "sex and blood"? Aside from the fact that there's none of that, the actual (bloodless) violence on-screen is fairly limited and hardly gratuitous, if anything, it's there to make a point. Note that the only instances of on-screen violence in cutscenes involves Brevon. There's a reason for that. When I saw the decapitation in the introduction, it was chilling as hell, it make Dail's shock and fury all the more believable. Same with the torture scene. It's meant to be chilling, it's meant to contextualize what kind of antagonist Brevon is, and it works brilliantly.

And your attempt to pin Torque as a self-insert and claims of shipping nonsense are hilarious, because there isn't remotely any hint of that sort of thing, and obviously not remotely intended (one of them is ten years old, for Christ's sake, and all three heroines are underage). The 'playdate' thing is just kids being kids. You're not seeing things that are actually there, dude.

Aw man, this is exactly what I feared. I knew looking at the Time Attack Achievements that things weren't looking too hot. I mean, if I recall correctly, one of them sets the record for 14 minutes...does that mean the stage, when not cutting corners/making good time, is like, what, 30 minutes!? There's 4 Dreadnaught stages too!?
Twenty at most, actually, generally around ten if you're not speedrunning, only the Final Dreadnaught stages are long, and only if you keep dying, they're not a cakewalk. Remember, the stages are essentially Act 1 and Act 2 combined with a single timer.

I just finished the Relic Maze and it was packed with like a million ideas/stage mechanics, but none of it felt cohesive or tight. When I got to the "ice cavern" part, I was like, "how the fuck is this not a separate/new stage!?".
Sonic 3&K does the exactly same thing with their separate acts, really. Just look at Sandopolis and Lava Reef, both examples work fine, FP is very similar, it just does it with a couple more stages than S3&K does. In a way, each stage is two stages in one, just without the 'act' separator. It's far less of a deal than you're making it out to be.

While I commend the effort of referencing greats like Gunstar Heroes and Rocket Knight Adventures, you cant just lift their bosses and style of bosses without the mechanics to deal with them. If somethings shooting me from a screen away and then flying up above while I'm waiting an age for my flying attack to charge, you gotta leave those windows open longer. Also, you got to telegraph attacks or its just you wailing on a boss hoping it doesnt unleash its bullshit move at random.

Here's your problem: You're being way too aggressive. Hell, I had that same problem before I wised up. Nearly every boss has an obvious, clear pattern to their attacks and an obvious tell (with the exception of Brevon's last form and Serpentine on his own and in his zombie form to a much lesser extent). If the boss is flying high above your regular attacks, you shouldn't be worrying about the Dragon Boost, because you're supposed to be focusing on evading other attacks (an obvious example being Prince Dail in Battle Glacier, you're supposed to attack him when he's lowered himself, breaking his shield and damaging him is easy, trying to get him any other time is just asking for an ass-kicking), which, really, isn't that difficult if you're not constantly attacking. It's all about waiting for an opening, striking, and then moving away from the boss before they attack again, and exploiting their patterns.

Tizoc

Yo Stage 4 boss is kicking my ass
I think I'll wait fr him to do his electric attack thn attack him
The soundtrack is godly where can I buy it? I know i COULD get it from the game's directory in my pc but I'd like to support the devs.

Falk

that puzzling face
There's ~10 stages and they should each take 10-25 minutes to go through in terms of pure gameplay on the first go. There's also a hefty amount of (skippable if you so desire) cutscenes. So about 4-5 hours on a decent playthrough, multiplied by two (more in future free updates) playable characters in story and loads more in time attack/minigames if you're into that sort of thing.

For comparison on the other end of the scale, the speedrun achievements for individual levels range from ~4-12 minutes apiece, along with a "complete the game in 90 minutes". Levels are varied enough and the moveset/combat has enough nuance that actually getting to the point where speedruns push the limit is in the range of days per stage, again if you're into that sort of thing.

Tizoc

The violence imo feels a little out of place, especially the
torture scene end of the Thermal Base.

Yikes, seriously I find that there's no need for such things, just go with mind controll and silly interrogation methods instead. There are various scenes where its just so cheerful that these darker stuff are unneeded.

For that matter Serpentine has great voice acting IMO.
I've figured the story already, but just can't get enough of just how beautiful the stages look.

Santar

Pretty good game I think.
Feels polished with very nice animations and looks very colorful and lively.
Great soundtrack too.

It's got way too much cringe worthy story though, feels like it's made by a teen who's watched a little too much Sonic X or something. And why does it seem that all the male voice acting is so bad?

feels like it's made by a teen who's watched a little too much Sonic X or something.
This one is easily explained when you remember the game did start out as a Sonic SatAM fangame (it dropped the Sonic as you can make a commercial product and don't have to be bound by that universes rules from a creative front, I would imagine).

This one is easily explained when you remember the game did start out as a Sonic SatAM fangame (it dropped the Sonic as you can make a commercial product and don't have to be bound by that universes rules from a creative front, I would imagine).
Er, no... it started out as a fangame, I suppose, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't of SatAM.

daydream

Banned
I said I'd pick this up, so I did.

Game is right up my alley. I just beat the first stage and had a lot of fun. Everything controls and animates very nicely, love the spritework. A lot of things about it are reminiscent of classic Sonic, I suppose, but I'd consider that a plus the way it's executed here.

More people need to play this, for sure.

So I streamed this last night for 4 hours (who knew it could be longer than that!? Part 1, Part 2) and I think it's a great game, although it has some rough edges.

First the good. The game would feel at home on a Sega Genesis. It feels like elements from the biggest hits of the Sega Genesis were mashed together in one nice package. The biggest influence is from Sonic the Hedgehog. You've got animal characters, shield abilities, running, level layouts that feels very Sonic 3 & Knuckles. You have hardcore bosses reminiscent of Gunstar Heroes. You have a air boost ability like Rocket Knight Adventures. And a soundtrack that will have you humming and bobbing your head along to the tunes. Also the game is clearly lengthy. I'm at 4 hours and not finished, and haven't had much trouble except for bosses. The gameplay overall is ON POINT.

Now for the not so good. There are cutscenes between levels that sometimes just feel like filler. For instance, a scene with the characters trying to decide what movie to watch. It really adds nothing to the story or characters and it isn't a short short scene. Also the characters say things to each other like "What? You two like the same thing? I never thought that would happen?" (Paraphrasing here, of course.) even though we have never been told they DON'T like the same things. It is like whomever wrote this game already had a lengthy story or idea of who these characters are that isn't really portrayed to use the player.

On top of that sometimes the dialogue, which is all voiced, seems to be of varying volumes. Perhaps the "auto ducking" used just doesn't work well, or perhaps some lines are just recorded pretty low. Otherwise the voice acting is mostly pretty good, surprising even for this type of game, since it would have never been in a Genesis game.

Bosses. Are. Hard. Period. Seriously, some of these bosses are very challenging, which is a pretty harsh contrast to the levels, which are rather easy. I have a feeling this will turn some players off, causing them to quit the game. I found myself getting pretty heated during a particular boss battle that has you break certain hitpoints on a fast moving character. The combat equates to jumping in the air and mashing buttons and hoping your hits land. No me gusta. Also, the game does a poor job of explaining or encouraging you to learn / use different moves. Later on you'll find it's really important to do a dive kick to cancel out of a spin jump...too bad the game never tells you or teaches you this. Not that the game needs an in your face tutorial, but it def needs some way to get players to learn such advanced techniques.

The story is hard to follow and I'm not sure who the intended audience is. A lot of the names / lore seems to be Asian based, which could be a bit confusing, as it was to me, but eventually I figured it out. Perhaps the game doesn't do a good enough job establishing characters before it expects you to know who they are.

The characters are furries (though so is Sonic), they are apparently children which isn't apparent till half way through the game when they talk about missing their parents or other things associated with kids. There are also some gay overtones, not that this is a bad thing, but it came off as two lesbians trying to seduce a child at one point because we were never told they are all children. While there isn't any actual gay content thus far, and not that there is ANYTHING wrong with gay content, it just felt kind of strange or out of place or forced. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

So thus far we have child female furries on an adventure with lots of Asian male adults as other characters, and it's pretty kid friendly. Then things happen... At one point a character says something about the panda / Asian named character in anger and says "Stupid panda." This is a racial remark, no matter how you look at it. But it doesn't stop there. A game seemingly fine for children to play suddenly has a SPOILER:
torture scene
and to make matters worse it is an adult
torturing
a child. It felt really out of place, and quite disturbing, listening to the screams during this scene made me highly uncomfortable as well as the people in my Twitch chat.

So really, who is this game for? What is the core audience? Furry lesbian children who don't mind seeing their favorite characters
tortured
?

-------

In conclusion, I'm not finished with the game, there are multiple modes available (Time Attack, Arcade Mode (skips cutscenes)) as well as multiple characters to play as that most likely play totally differently. 2 characters thus far in Story mode and at least one unlockable character to use outside of story mode.

That all being said I'm loving the game, it makes me feel like I'm a kid again sitting in front of my Genesis with not a care in the world, I just wish the difficulty didn't spike at bosses and the story was a bit more defined / clear thus far. This feels like the greatest hits of the Sega Genesis all came together to birth one final hurrah, and it is glorious. Don't let the length of bad vs good text discourage you from playing this game, just I need more words to describe what I feel is wrong with the game. BUY IT! Well worth the $15 asking price.

/RantReview

Tizoc

^Playing on classic mode removes cutscenes, but I've figured the story so far and really like the voice acting.
...and they're 'cartoony animal characters' mang...

From my end, finished stage5 and damn did I lose a lot of lives in this and the boss XD.
Still had a blast tho, loving this game more and more~

Tizoc

THe game seems to be easy until the bosses, which are pretty hard.

Kinda wish it was evened out a bit.

Bosses aren't really that had, as once you figuretheir patterns, likeany other platformer, you can beat them with ease.

MrBadger

Finally got a chance to play this so I thought I'd write a few impressions. Got to world 4.

I'm not sure what I think of the story. I'm not too invested, but they seriously put a lot of work into fleshing out the characters and the world, so I'm not skipping any of it so I can see their vision. I think they do throw a lot at you in huge chunks, though. The amount of plot and exposition between the second world and the third seemed to go on for ages. I think I got the gist of it all but it was a lot to take in. And while scenes like the feast and the sleepover were kind of cute, they also felt a bit unnecessary. But I do like seeing the character sprites move and emote. so it's worth it for that. Not as bad as Ducktales Remastered because I can go through the text at my own pace. The voice acting is alright. All the voices fit the characters. I'm someone who could stomach Sonic Heroes's constant banter so I can hardly criticise the acting in this.

Visuals are lovely. I already said I really like how the characters all look, but the backgrounds are also great and it's nice how the worlds change up between acts. I also find the sprites to be really expressive. I'm a big fan of the snake general guy, how he laughs maniacally while he's shooting his gun in the air.

I'm not sure I can make a fair assessment on the level design thus far. Sometimes it felt like I was holding right a bit too much, but I have been playing as Lilac the whole time, and I can see that there's most likely a level of depth I'm missing by not trying out the other characters. There are plenty of stage gimmicks and interesting enemies to keep it interesting. The levels are very long, but it doesn't feel like they go on for too long because after beating a mid-boss, it feels like the stage becomes an entirely new one. I am, however, concerned that this game uses a lives system. It's all been relatively easy so far, but if the difficulty ramps up, I'm not sure I'd want to play through such long levels multiple times. The bosses are a real highlight for me, especially the boss of the third world, which really reminded me of Seven Force from Gunstar Heroes.

And the music is rly gd.

I'll update this when I've finished the game to give my final thoughts.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
He doesn't do WTF's on early access, it'll be an alpha thing.
Is this how little public mind share this game has? The above poster is in the game's OT yet believes the game is early access.

Tizoc

Totalbiscuit posted about this recently so a WTF is might be on the way. Some much needed exposure for the game.

Hmm someone should inform him to play on Classic, no need to go through the story which not everyone can get into.

Someone get Mark from Classic Game Room to review it, he has a hard on for Genesis/MD games.

TimmiT

I made a more eye catching thread title to get this game more attention http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=862351. It's not meant to replace the OT. Rather, I just think most of GAF haven't heard about it. I think many want to hear about it.

I appreciate that you try to give the game more attention, but comparing it to a game like Shovel Knight is only going to cause others to compare it and say it is inferior. Adding "PC is better than consoles" and impressions that at a first glance look negative is only going to make reactions worse.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I appreciate that you try to give the game more attention, but comparing it to a game like Shovel Knight is only going to cause others to compare it and say it is inferior. Adding "PC is better than consoles" and impressions that at a first glance look negative is only going to make reactions worse.
I said I wanted to give the game more attention. I am not selling it. If people hate it, that's fine. At least they checked it out.

TimmiT

I said I wanted to give the game more attention. I am not selling it. If people hate it, that's fine. At least they checked it out.

This topic isn't a LTTP, RTTP, OT, or anything like that. It is a wakeup call to GAF to go out and get this game for $15.

Uhm...

Besides that, I didn't say that you were trying to sell it. I said that the thread you made gives a negative first impression of the game, even if that wasn't what you intended to do.

Now I'm interested. How long are the stages in this game compared to those in, say, S3&K? Also, what are the facts for the game's story having sexual innuendo? I keep hearing contradictory reports; what I'm saying is, should I just play Arcade or is Adventure valid as well?

This game looks like Jazz Jackrabbit 2 for the Sega Saturn: lotsa ideas jammed in, shows off its influences and kind of goes overboard, has room for multiple playstyles, even has jammin' music.

Bboy AJ

Uhm...

Besides that, I didn't say that you were trying to sell it. I said that the thread you made gives a negative first impression of the game, even if that wasn't what you intended to do.
Ehhhh. I guess so. You are somewhat right for sure. I hope people check it out. That's all. I am enthusiastic about it but I don't want to sell it like I would Persona 4G.

Tizoc

I need help with Stage 8's boss!
It's the giant mech at the end of Platforming section what's the easiest way to defeat him?

Fuz

Banned
I love the art style, it reminds me of good old coin-ops.

Edit: Tried the demo, it's basically a Sonic clone. Gonna buy if it comes on GOG.

MrBadger

I'm starting to get concerned that this game's later levels are doing the Sonic Heroes thing of "lots of enemies at once with high life bars=difficulty". I just got done with the snow world and it felt like that. I loved the boss fight, though. The bosses in this game sometimes feel like they have random attack patterns, but after a few deaths, it usually clicks.

There isn't any, pretty much ANYTHING sexual that people claim is in this game is them reading into things way, WAY too much.

But it's got furries in it! Therefore it has to have innuendos!

Yeah I don't know what people are talking about either. I'm on the final stage and the only relatively disturbing scene was the
torture
one. And that was just because of the voice acting.

Tizoc

Oh man I remember that level!
I DISTURBED THE HORNET NESTS! BEES!
BEES EVERYWHERE!
Thank goodness for the psycho crusher attack that Lilac has though XD

Krejlooc

Banned
Everyone complaining about the story and all that crap knows there is a classic style mode which is just a level to level platformer, right? Like the old Sonic games?

Tizoc

Everyone complaining about the story and all that crap knows there is a classic style mode which is just a level to level platformer, right? Like the old Sonic games?

Some people, some people mind, just want/like to complain.

I don't mind the story as it does have some neat moments like when
the trio are hanging out watching a movie and Carol comments on 'cooties' and then 'Alien cooties'. Got a good laugh out of that

dlauv

It's not like when you click on Adventure that you know that the story is going to be completely awful, and it's absolutely fair to critique an aspect of the game, especially when a set of cutscenes lasts as long as some levels. I think everyone should try it out and form their own opinions on it.

That said, yeah, of course, it should be made known that "Classic mode" is definitely an option.

TimmiT

I'm not going to use the sub-par story as a big negative point for this game, or any game really as long as the cutscenes can be skipped. A good story is preferable, but I don't think it matters as long as the gameplay and presentation are good.

Top Bottom