• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars (Panopticon) - Vita, 2014, "Recovery" Multiplayer Action

duckroll

Other reason why I had thought the PSO bit was granted it was from the VS mode, but they were in a room which appeared to have doors in the middle of them. Which gave the idea of potentially locked rooms till enemies / other players are cleared like with the original PSO game for example and the simple dungeon design.

Maybe. We'll have to see. What makes me wary about considering a "deeper" level of level design and mission complexity is that there aren't many signs so far that the game is meant to have a strong single player component. If it does, then that sort of feature would make a lot more sense.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Really am hoping for some sort of story for SP content similar to what we saw with God Eater. Since do think that helps bring in fans, plus with the story setting it seems like a waste for them to not put in some sort of story or SP mode to build on their world so to speak.

Do see your point though and as we all saw with MH its not like people in general seem to care that much about SP too just as long as the co-op works well and keeps people engaged.

Also duckroll saw in the famitsu yeah the 8 players at once quote in the article. Had passed that over while flipping through.

Skyzard

Banned
^ I'm hoping for a strongler single player too. That gif on the top of page 6 with the clearly in-game graphics (but potentially a cutscene) gives me hope at least.

No the accessory shown off in the pics just happens to be a female one. Since in the famitsu they listed "Female" next to the name Accessory gives the intention that you will be able to pick a gender for it in the real version, besides editing the appearance.

Same should go for the character that you play as. Since its listed as "male" next to the artwork.

Ah okay thanks, I hope so.

I can understand why they show it this way for marketing.

Parakeetman

^ I'm hoping for a strongler single player too. That gif on the top of page 6 with the clearly in-game graphics (but potentially a cutscene) gives me hope at least.

Ah okay thanks, I hope so.

I can understand why they show it this way for marketing.

If they want to market this to both the male and female gaming audience, they do need to include selectable gender on character creation. Sides you know most of the male players would make a female character anyways lol

Skyzard

Banned
If they want to market this to both the male and female gaming audience, they do need to include selectable gender on character creation. Sides you know most of the male players would make a female character anyways lol

Haha I didn't think about that, true. Hopefully they'll clear up more soon, there's a new trailer coming soon iirc? End of the month? I might be remembering a different game.

Also, you can spot a girl or two in this pic:
1mlucy.jpg

Parakeetman

In the famitsu shots from whats supposed to be in game, does have a female human model running around.

.la1n

Ah a Vita title, will be interesting to see some in game footage. Anything new for my portable devices is a-ok with me.

edit: missed some of the shots posted, if some (most?) of those are in game then I am impressed.

Takao

Banned
I may have missed something, but didn't Japan Studio help develop Soul Sacrifice?

More games like Soul Sacrifice is never bad.

Not really. Japan Studio had producers on the project but the design work was done by Comcept, with the actual development being carried out by MarvelousAQL.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
High res direct feed scans are out.

Looks a lot like Akrid Hunter in Lost Planet Colonies. This is probably going to be the best thing ever.

AmanoBuff

High res direct feed scans are out.

Looks a lot like Akrid Hunter in Lost Planet Colonies. This is probably going to be the best thing ever.

Thanks! Some really neat-looking stuff there. The gameplay images and the imprisoned citizens look insane!

Edit: Can someone with Japanese skills tell us if there is anything worth translating in all that text?

tumblr_m3k58aIED71qbx51ho1_250.gif

If those scans are any indication (it's still early, obviously), then Soul Sacrifice has met its blurry, warped, low-res ground textures match.

Skyzard

Banned
Breaking parts off of 'monsters' makes even more sense now. That is going to be a fantastic feature. Much better than Sacrificing! Teamwork...

Trevelyan

Banned
Sorry for the bump on this, but we should start seeing more info trickle out soon from the site, as the rest of the panels were set to become available on 5/30. I'm pretty excited to see more about this, so hopefully some meaty in game videos and more info come out from the update.

Varth

Dear japanese devs,

please release decently sized materials from your games, so press can tell people what they think about them. You know, I suspect it wouldn't hurt you guys one bit if people knew your game existed.

Sincerely,

Varth

duckroll

Dear japanese devs,

please release decently sized materials from your games, so press can tell people what they think about them. You know, I suspect it wouldn't hurt you guys one bit if people knew your game existed.

Sincerely,

Varth

The game isn't out until 2014. I doubt they care very much at this point.

Top Bottom