• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday is Smash Day. What are your plans?

jorgejjvr

I have class on Thursday until 9 pm EST, as soon as I leave I'll go straight to my gamestop to finish paying off the game and to get a number that will mean my turn in line. If they have Smash set up, maybe Melee or project M I'll probably just stay, and I'll bring my 3ds too in order to wait until midnight. I prefer physical, and my gamestop is ridiculous close to my house, I go walking there. I unfortunately work this weekend, but lucky enough I have Friday off work, so that's definitely my Smash Day and I might not sleep much on Thursday haha. Hoping to have some friends over on Friday as well and play some of you guys! I'll still squeeze in some time during the weekend to play, probably at night.

Also, I almost forgot to mention, that day I'm picking up the bundle with the GC controller, adapter and the game, plus I also have pre order a separate gc controller AND a Samus amiibo; and no, no Pokémon haha

So how's your Friday and weekend looking like?

What's everything you're getting that day?

Zing

Banned
I honestly forgot about this. I have a preorder but expect it won't arrive on day zero. I may just buy in store and return preorder later.

I work the midnight launch, so I'll be handing out Smash and Pokemon like candy. My place of work is also hosting a Melee tournament for funzies while people wait for midnight to hit. At the end of the night, I'll grab my bundle and go to bed, because I have a second job starting at 8 AM the next day

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Working.

Took last week off for Halo. Lolfail

GamerJM

Banned
I, uh, haven't decided if I'm skipping class that day >_>. I typically have four classes but two of them got canceled so either way I'll be done by 10:40 AM. But I'm at college and I'm coming home for Thanksgiving break, so my options are to either come home on Thursday (miss the two classes I have that day) and go to the midnight launch and just play for an insanely long period of time, or pick it up when I come home that afternoon.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Resist the urge to play Smash all damn day and try to study for finals...

BoSox06DH

My off days are Friday's so it works perfectly. Grab it midnight, then whenever I wake up play it for hours and hours. Then probably play some Alpha Sapphire as a "break" from Smash.

I'll be out of town to visit family in Mexico and my dentist visit (cheaper over their).
So I have to wait till Monday to play, but it's all right

Ebris

Drowning my sorrows in DA: Inquisition since I was unable to get me a $60 Wii U. That and 3DS Smash will tide me over until I get the system eventually.

Ferrio

Banned
Laying on a beach in Peurto Vallarta. Good trade I guess, pick it up soon as I get back though. Have 3ds version (which I haven't played yet) to keep me busy in Mexico.

Playing OR/AS due to living in Australia.

But when it does come round my family are getting together to play 8 player smash and tourneys

SMgamer83

Friday my new 60" Samsung is being delivered and installed, then I go to work. When I get back, time to play Smash!

Saturday is our "Friendsgiving", where 16 people will be over at my place. 8 Player Smash!!

I then am off work (paid vacation) until December 1st. MORE SMASH!!!!

Nia

Ideally, I would go to a midnight release at Gamestop with my friends, but I'm not even sure if they're going to have one. They haven't had one for a Nintendo game since Brawl released. I plan to call them and confirm sometime soon. If they don't, I'll just go pick it up with my friends later and we'll play eight player Smash all day.

After getting out of class on Friday at noon, going straight to Best Buy to pick up my bundle, and then most likely inviting a few friends to come over to play. Sorry ORAS, you will have to wait for another day. Can't wait for this Friday. Not really planning on sleeping that day!

Qblivion

Mine is arriving via UPS so I have no idea what time it will arrive, but I don't have class that day. Might go to a friends house in the evening for some multiplayer.

Anbec7

Get the money from my friends (they want the controllers and everything)
Ask for the day off maybe trade off some past holidays that I didn´t take at work.
Im pretty sure there will not be a midnight launch but I have to get up early and get my pre-order just in case to get the adapter.

And that´s it :) call my friends and have and smashing weekend

play it all night, play it all day.

Might have to break for writing and for the possibility of a movie night-out with my cousin's family, but I've been looking forward to the latter for quite some time so I wouldn't mind.

kunonabi

Go to Toys r us in the morning to pick my amiibos then head to Gamestop to pick the game and the GC adaptor. Probably won't be able to play much on Friday but I'll be hosting a Smash Party on Saturday.

Complete classic mode with a few characters until I realize that it's the same game I already bought on the 3ds. Then I'll just sit around regretting I spent $60 on it. I've never wanted DLC this badly.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I preloaded it. I'll play a bit Thursday night, then I want to head to Toys R Us on Friday to grab a few Amiibo, and I'll play again in the evening.

Femto.

Fortunately I have the day off from work (not requested) and I don't have classes on Fridays, soooo I'm gonna smash till I crash.

Break in that new GameCube controller.

ngower

I work all day Friday, so I probably won't buy it then. I'm probably just gonna wait for Black Friday deal at Target and get that extra $15. I still have plenty in my backlog and I'm not good enough to be competitive or anything, so it's not like I NEED that first week to learn or practice or whatever.

Top Bottom