• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAYTON: God abandons PS4 as The Great Flood wipes out Sony HQ [Up: Reveal in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMax

What if Sony's surprise at Gamescom isn't a good surprise? I don't think specs are changing this late in the game. It's either 1) they've exaggerated their claims again, or 2) their high-end architecture has led to yield issues in production and there's either a delay or cancelled pre-orders.

Sony would not publish a statement on any spec downgrade. That doesn't really make sense. It doesn't even necessarily need to be made public. They didn't issue a statement when the Rsx was down clocked.

Exactly. It's not going to be technical related. But if it is, it'll be something significant that will affect the consumer, if it warrants an official statement.

Of course, there is one other possibility...

68.gif

edit: or this...

It seems, from those tweets, that Eurogamer found something about the specs that made it seem like the difference between XB1 and PS4 wasn't quite as great as we first thought. Then they asked Sony, and they actually commented (unlike usual), so they're waiting for the right time to bring the info out.

Sony fans already in denial. Tomorrow is gonna be fun.

If you know something, spill it. Its got less to do with being a "Sony fan" and having some goddamn common sense.

EDIT: I just looked at your post history. Forget I bothered to address you. You are one of "those" ones.

Just a tip: this guy is only a translator, this info is probably comming from Eurogamer UK and tomorrow we will see the article published in all the sites of the Eurogamer network (this includes Eurogamer Spain).

So he is writting his 'personal perspective' because he thinks if he wote it in spanisg he gets a pass of get called out of casually leaking a article?

10 pages of 100posts/page before the said announcement hits.

Considering we're a good 10 hours away, I think we'd get closer to 20.

Just a tip: this guy is only a translator, this info is probably comming from Eurogamer UK and tomorrow we will see the article published in all the sites of the Eurogamer network (this includes Eurogamer Spain).

Has any Eurogamer UK employee hinted at this?

Nethaniah

More important then that is that Developers were promised 8.

Exactly, this isn't some nonsense like them being cheeky about bandwith or what not, they came out on the presentation saying 8GDDR5, that's what they have to stick with cause that's what they promised.

the tension at GAF right now
storm-brewing.gif

but really what drama could occur if they are already preparing for shipments of the console :/... but I could be wrong

Yoday

I still think this is either an OS memory thing (which would be weird for Sony to comment on, like someone said) or they're just now picking up on the Onion/20GB/s thing from last week.
That is exactly what I am expecting. It is something that they could spin into drama, even though it's not, and it is something that Sony would comment on and give further information about because they already have before.

KoopaTheCasual

I'd feel a little better about this if Sony had FINAL FANTASY XV Exclusive right now but I'll take it

Did Verendus ever say it was exclusive? I only thought he commented on E3 announcements and name change etc. I thought people just 'assumed' it was exclusive because VersusXIII was already exclusive.

Amir0x

Banned
dafuq is this shit?

The first chance Xbox fanboys have had in months to bathe in some negativity about the other camp for once, that's what lol

they're all grasping tightly, buoyed by all the potential hours they could spend finally criticizing the competition again, like some disheveled castaway desperately clinging to some piece of driftwood in the middle of the ocean.

ironchair

Banned
Why? I don't get this train of thought.

Even IF, by some act of God, this was a downgrade, why would that affect your purchase?

Its a games console for gods sake. Even 4GB of RAM is a GIANT leap from current gen.

jeebus.
Because I pre-ordered the console from the get-go because I wanted to support Sony's no DRM/no check-in policy with my wallet, to be honest. However, that is no longer an issue, but I would still like to support the console. If the technology was downgraded after I already pledged to spend $400, however, I would feel, naturally, that I am spending the same amount of money on a lesser value...in which case, I can wait.

I'm thinking about what has happened recently that could lead to mindblowing news. I'm drawing a blank to be honest. Pretty boring state of affairs right now with SCE. I think there will be disappointed people if you're expecting some huge negative thing out of this. I'd take the words of Arnold the Terminator and relax.

Yep didn't expect much from this to begin with

Valkyria

Banned
I find Spanish news to have the most unreliable fake nonsense amongst pretty much most nations.

We'll see I guess. Probably just someone that doesnt really understand specs and they went off on a total loop.

You would be surprised if you knew the nationality of the biggest news from latters years.

Anyway, I find quite hard to believe that the spanish side of eurogamer which is terrible got itself with such a piece of info without Eurogamer UK saying a thing about it.

Exactly, this isn't some nonsense like them being cheeky about bandwith or what not, they came out on the presentation saying 8GDDR5, that's what they have to stick with cause that's what they promised.

Well unless the OS is taking up no ram or additional ram that hasn't been talked about devs won't have access to the full 8gb...

I really wonder what this could reasonably be, assuming that it's true. Down-clocked or slightly less ram are only things I can think of.

"Drama" sounds bad.

Yeah, almost like they ran the cost numbers and no way can they put 8GB of GDDR5 in it. Maybe they are switching to DDR3 or only putting 4GB in.

Whatever it is it HAS to be bad, because there's no way in hell you can improve upon 8GB GDDR5!!!!!!!

Nethaniah

Well unless the OS is taking up no ram or additional ram that hasn't been talked about devs won't have access to the full 8gb...

Oh i'm not worried about that, they haven't confirmed anything related to how much the OS takes and how much is available for actual game development but the total amount has to be 8GB for the entire system otherwise they straight up sold us bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom