• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software would like to make more Japanese style games, Miyazaki interested in AC

Bulbasaur

Banned
From Software have had successful titles with games like Dark Souls II recently, but president Hidetaka Miyazaki recently spoke to Famitsu about how they’d like to expand their lineup with more Japanese-style games. (Thanks, Game Jouhou

During the interview, Miyazaki explained that there haven’t been any significant changes in management policy since From Software has been acquired by Kadokawa, and they’ll continue to develop, publish, and make things with From Software characteristics.

Miyazaki also mentioned that he doesn’t have any collaboration titles in mind, regardless of the acquisition by Kadokawa, although he did think that the online talks of a possible Kantai Collection and Armored Core collaboration were pretty interesting.

“The steady flow of dark fantasy games and mecha are something we’d like to continue taking good care of,” says Miyazaki about From Software’s well known series in Dark Souls and Armored Core.

However, he also believes that their current lineup is a little limited, and would like to have more variety as possible, including titles that represent a Japanese style, similar to what we’ve seen in series such as Tenchu and Otogi.

Finally, when asked whether the Armored Core series will continue going on, he stated: “They’re titles we’ve continued working on for the past 11 years, so we’ll continue taking good care of them.”

Miyazaki added: “There seems to be some talk about how I dislike the Armored Core series, but that is simply not true. Actually, I’d even like to direct a new title myself.”

Just that one mention of Tenchu made my day!

L~A

Touch Souls : ecchi Dungeon-RPG with innovative woman-touching elements coming soon to PS Vita.

AggroWill

Neo Member
From Software should take a weekend and port Metal Wolf Chaos to the 360/XBL store.

I want Metal Wolf Chaos so bad.

Miyazaki also mentioned that he doesn’t have any collaboration titles in mind, regardless of the acquisition by Kadokawa, although he did think that the online talks of a possible Kantai Collection and Armored Core collaboration were pretty interesting.

I would like to see that, too XD

And with any luck, maybe more people would be interested in the AC series, AT LEAST.

Vlade

Continue to take care of dark fantasy while doing thing.

Well, he knows how to talk to me!

Touch Souls : ecchi Dungeon-RPG with innovative woman-touching elements coming soon to PS Vita.

Finally!

edit:
don't forget, Kadakowa.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'd like Armored Core to come to PC before you go mobile only, From.

Glass Rebel

I assume they're talking about Japanese setting and aesthetics. Maybe this should be bolded:

However, he also believes that their current lineup is a little limited, and would like to have more variety as possible, including titles that represent a Japanese style, similar to what we’ve seen in series such as Tenchu and Otogi.

Miyazaki added: “There seems to be some talk about how I dislike the Armored Core series, but that is simply not true. Actually, I’d even like to direct a new title myself.”

I'm already drooling. AC with Miyazaki's style/ideas could be amazing.

Orayn

Would love to see From Software branch out and do more oddball titles like they have in the past. As long as they don't break the bank developing those games, it would be a good way to experiment with new ideas and not rely entirely on Souls to make ends meet.

Hmmmm...
yeah, I would buy this.

Bundy

Banned
From Software would like to make more Japanese style games, Miyazaki interested in AC

giphy.gif

From Software just needs to give me another Armored Core that's slow-paced like the old games. The new ones were good, but they just didn't feel like AC games.

I came into this thread thinking "AC? Which AC? Assassin's Creed? Animal Crossing?" So Armored Core huh? I forgot about that series. A big budget mech game would be fun.

Coxy

I've been saying at every opportunity, I'd really love to see them make an Armored Core SRPG. Get in there and make that Front Mission meets Valkyria game I've wanted for years.

Whatever they make, I'm really glad to hear this from them

I was just going to make a thread asking how Verdict Day was, no one seemed to talk about it. As long as they continue to invest in Armored Core I'm" good.

Top Bottom