• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software would like to make more Japanese style games, Miyazaki interested in AC

mattp

as someone who LOVED the first tenchu game
and then was unbelievably disappointed in tenchu 2 and then basically ignored every tenchu game since then

...i'd be really fucking psyched about them trying a new tenchu game

Akiller

3a6af32753.png

Bulbasaur

Banned
As long as they keep Way of the Samurai coming and spend some of that Dark Souls money on a new Tenchu installment I don't care what they do.

Onore no Shinzuro on ps4 or Vita would be cool. Interesting action puzzle game involving ninjas. Heck it could be an upres of the psp version. The Japanese woodcut style would transfer well.

I'd also like to mention I'd love another Tenchu developed by From as I did quite enjoy Tenchu Z. Another Ninja Blade wouldn't hurt either.

Yeah, it would probably be called Armored Core 4 and Armored Core For Answer, which are the Armored Core games he directed before doing Demon's Souls.

That would explain a lot, actually. For Answer was my favorite of the series.

For what it's worth I was talking about the ideas he's used in the Souls games, like invasions and such. Imagine doing story missions and getting invaded by a player controlled AC.

Shit yeah! New Otogi would be great. Even an HD Remaster of the first two games would be fantastic, given how much time has passed since their first release. C'mon FROM, gimme some more dat Wire-Fu Samurai action.

EDIT: Nvm, I don't think he was part of Tenchu Z's development though. EDIT2: I did not know that From developed Otogi, awesome. They sit on so many great IPs but people only know them for Souls games, hopefully they can change that perception.

I came into this thread thinking "AC? Which AC? Assassin's Creed? Animal Crossing?" So Armored Core huh? I forgot about that series. A big budget mech game would be fun.

I did exactly that: thought of Assassin's Creed and then Animal Crossing!

Otogi get on it Phil!

Phil? Phil who? You can't mean Phil Spencer, surely? What value would Microsoft have in funding an ultra-niche third party game like Otogi?

As long as they keep Way of the Samurai coming and spend some of that Dark Souls money on a new Tenchu installment I don't care what they do.

Way of the Samurai is Acquire, who also made Shinobido which is a very solid Tenchu-esque ninja adventure game. It does, unfortunately, suffer from extremely repetitious level design though.

Angelcurio

I would really like to see a new Tenchu title, developed in the same vein as Tenchu 2 on the original Playstation, where you could see the story as it unfolds from differents points of view, depending on the character that you choose. Each time a new Metal Gear game comes out, i always ask myself how a new Tenchu title would look and play, considering that both games have a lot in common when it comes to stealth.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'd really like to see them try their hand at something like Kuon again. I'm down for whatever though.

Bulbasaur

Banned
Way of the Samurai is Acquire, who also made Shinobido which is a very solid Tenchu-esque ninja adventure game. It does, unfortunately, suffer from extremely repetitious level design though.

That's right, Acquire lost the rights. I always get the two confused. Yeah Shinobido while competent just wasn't the same.

Boogdud

If this means we get a real Armored Core game (not the 5+ version) I'm all for it. Whatever it takes to get more Armored Core out there, I'm for.

Village

I thought AC meant Animal Crossing. I'd love a Dark Souls themed Animal Crossing game.
* the dog girl walks over a hollowing townsmen and walks up to the player, behind her lies a land of ruin, corpses, copies of DMC2 and sonic 06, and desease*
" hey welcome to town mayor, shits fucked. Hope you can fix it *

Ninjaholic

Neo Member
I would LOVE a new Tenchu! Please make those games again. Easily one of my favorite series along with Onimusha that need to come back to current gen.

Top Bottom