• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software would like to make more Japanese style games, Miyazaki interested in AC

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
New Otogi please!

tumblr_mjuku0vI9Q1s2yegdo1_400.gif

I'd like Armored Core to come to PC before you go mobile only, From.

AC would do very well on PC. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it sold better on PC than any other platform... PC is the home of mechs.

From can make whatever they feel like. Otogi 3 would be very nice, or a next gen Tenchu.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
V was too online focused, at least the way they were trying to implement it was weird. The framerate was also not too hot. The actual AC's weren't too keen on me either. Also having 2 kinds (or was 3?) of rounds for weapons also seemed a bit odd. The combat also felt more stiff. It could be because I liked 4 and FA a lot, but I do remember playing AC3 and AC2 AA and I dont remember it feeling that weird.

I didn't play Verdict Day but what I heard is that it didnt fix too many things, they just changed the mission structure, I don't know how true that is.

Sorry, that was meant to be rhetorical. I know people didn't adore V or anything, but Verdict a significant improvement in basically every way - performance, balance, mission design, parts variety, multiplayer systems and awesome features like UNACs and part tuning. If you can't dig the fundamental playstyle of V it won't change your mind but it's not like V was some kind of failed experiment.

I love MoA, Silent Line and Last Raven, and I personally think 4A is the best game in the series, but VD is right up there for me.

And yes, the kancolle thing is a nightmarish proposition. Please god don't do that.

JoJoSono

Banned
So there's a chance they'll make things other than the Souls games? Thank god, I don't care for those games. Yet, I sure would love another jrpg from them.

Even more so I'd love a Chromehounds 2. Armored Core V just didn't do it for me. The slow plodding squad based combat of Chromehounds was something turly unique. Probably the best team game on consoles last gen.

I'd really just like them to make other strange games like they used to.

Nyoro SF

Clearly after porting Metal Wolf Chaos to Steam, he will then create the Metal Wolf Chaos sequel you all never knew you wanted.

Sorry, that was meant to be rhetorical. I know people didn't adore V or anything, but Verdict a significant improvement in basically every way - performance, balance, mission design, parts variety, multiplayer systems and awesome features like UNACs and part tuning. If you can't dig the fundamental playstyle of V it won't change your mind but it's not like V was some kind of failed experiment.

I love MoA, Silent Line and Last Raven, and I personally think 4A is the best game in the series, but VD is right up there for me.

And yes, the kancolle thing is a nightmarish proposition. Please god don't do that.

I didn't realize that was supposed to be rhetorical, my bad. I wouldn't have gone into that rant heh. Maybe Ill try Verdict Day if it is a significant improvement.

#1.) As excited as I am for Bloodborne, I would want a modern King's Field-style first person dungeon crawler more than anything else. Speed up the character movement, but otherwise stay true to the original games.

2.) I remember loving Tenchu 1 and 2 back in the day, but has anyone replayed them recently? I worry that they haven't aged well but have no idea...

Bulbasaur

Banned
#1.)

2.) I remember loving Tenchu 1 and 2 back in the day, but has anyone replayed them recently? I worry that they haven't aged well but have no idea...

I can still play the original from time to time. Even the Wii version, which honestly isn't too bad except for the loss of supernatural themes. The series formula definitely needs some updating though, starting with fluid movement and controls and some crazy next gen enemy AI.

Top Bottom