• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Wii to PS3 - Lord of the Rings: Aragorns Quest

Sipowicz

Banned
this actually looks alright

and headstrong is working on the wii version so it might be good

akachan ningen said:
For sure. On PS3, boom blox could be the $5 game it was meant to be.

will be. same with dead space extraction and NBA JAM.

EA has no reason to keep their low budget, overpriced, content light bullshit consigned to the Wii now

they'll still bring it out on the Wii as a 50 dollar prorotype. they'll just release the proper version on XBLA/PSN a few months later

cacildo

1) Is Aragorns Quest shovelware?

No. It lacks the usual Z-mini-game-party shovelware style. But it is certanly a smaller game than the usual PS3 release

I didnt heard anything about motion plus on it, which probably means it wont be 1:1 motion control on the PS3 either.

Without the "novelty of 1:1 motion control", it looks like a linear brawler experience (people with more information are welcome to correct this) with a movie/book/game franchise name on it

All in all, a game that surely didnt set the wii user base on fire to begin with, and probably wont sell a lot on the Wii.

2) Will the PS3 be flooded with shovelware?

Who knows? Well, the first batch of playstation move games screens was specially scary

I see people point out for an atlus-trauma center port for the PS3. That´s great news since trauma center is an amazing franchise. Yes, smaller games than the usual PS3 release, but amazing games.

But maybe it do gets flooded with shovelware... in the PSN. Which means retail keeps the good games and good image of the brand

Baconbitz

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
So, since last I posted this list, Wii has had 2 exclusives release (Calling last week, Fragile in the next week), gained one exclusive (Disney's Guilty Party), and lost two exclusives (EA Sports Active 2, LOTR Aragorn's Quest). The Wii now has a grand total of 18 third-party exclusive games (or multiplatform games where the Wii version has a conceivable advantage of other platforms)

1. Arc Rise Fantasia. Ignition - Status: Announced June 2008, released in Japan June 2009. June 22, 2010.
2. Disney's Epic Mickey. Disney - Status: Announced October 2009. Sep 2010.
3. Disney's Guilty Party. Disney - States: Announced February 2010. No release date.
4. Dragon Quest X. Square Enix - Status: Paper announcement December 2008. 2011+
5. Flip's Twisted World. Majesco - Status: Announced E3 2009. April 2010.
6. Lost in Shadow. Hudson - Status: Announced August 2009. 2010.
7. Monster Hunter Tri. Capcom - Status: Announced October 2007, released August 2009 in Japan. Apr 6 2010.
8. NBA Jam. EA Sports - Status: Announced January 2010. 2010.
9. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. Ubisoft - Status: I include this multiplatform title. May 18, 2010.
10. Red Steel 2. Ubisoft - Status: Announced Mid-2008 although had been almost completed before this and rebooted entirely. Mar 23, 2010.
11. Rock of the Dead. Conspiracy Entertainment - Status: Announced February 2010. 2010.
12. Samurai Warriors 3. Koei - Status: Not announced for localization.
13. Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love. Nippon Ichi - Status: Multiplat, Released in Japan 2005, announced for localization in July 2009. Mar 23, 2010.
14. Tales of Graces. Namco - Status: Not likely to be localized.
15. Taiko Drum Master. Namco - Status: Not likely to be localized.
16. Tournament of Legends. Sega - Status: Announced E3 2009, reannounced February 2010. May 2010.
17. TrackMania Wii. US Publisher Not Announced - Status: Announced June 2009. 2010.
18. Trauma Team. Atlus - Status: Announced May 2009. May 18, 2010.

Of this list, only NBA Jam seems like a likely candidate to be multiplatform and we've already seen from several Linkedin profiles that there was a PS3/360 version at one point.
I can see a lot of these being ported. Nintendos only exclusives are the first party titles. Sad.

Malio

Don't own a Wii but I LOVE LOTR games, hell I even loved that LOTR: The Third Age game from last gen and everyone hated that. I was hoping 'Aragorn's Quest' would eventually go multi-platform. This better get ported to 360 or PC or I'ma be pissed! !

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Baconbitz said:
I can see a lot of these being ported. Nintendos only exclusives are the first party titles. Sad.

Most of them doesnt even use the wii motion controls properly, the controls arent the reason why most of those wii games havent been ported over since you could emulate easy most of them.

evalue

Banned
Shurs said:
That didn't take long. The exodus begins.

feot39.jpg

Come to the promised land of third party profitability.

:lol :lol

Baconbitz

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
Most of them doesnt even use the wii motion controls properly, the controls arent the reason why most of those wii games havent been ported over since you could emulate easy most of them.
Its because they like the HD consoles more.

witness

Always down for a good LOTR game, hopefully this will turn out good considering its been in development for a good while.

NinjaFusion said:
where are the more obvious ports - boom blox for example?

Given EA's recent history, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see BB turn up as a free download in some collector's edition release, or as a $10 download on one of the DD services...

Olorin

I kind of like the artstyle a bit, but the mispronounciation of "Aragorn" in the trailer makes it fail for me. (and everything else which makes it deviate from the books)

Safe Bet

Banned
JWong said:
Is there a "Stab Frodo repeatedly in the face" minigame?
Your missing the entire point of the LotR series.

weak + strong > strong - weak

Yes, I hate hobbits too.

If it's a decent hack 'n slash at the right price, I'll buy it.

Majmun

They didn't really try. Looks like a lazy port.

I expect a lot of Wii>>>Ps3 lazy ports to be released in the future.

Shiggy

wazoo said:
Why does it say "coming Automn 2009" ?

Because it's the E3 2009 trailer.

Second said:
They didn't really try. Looks like a lazy port.
I expect a lot of Wii>>>Ps3 lazy ports to be released in the future.

I'm not quite sure, but has it been confirmed that ithe PS3 version is an upgraded Wii game? The Wii game was done by Headstrong Games, all other versions by TT Fusion, thus I'd rather expect a PSP port.

wazoo

Shiggy said:
Because it's the E3 2009 trailer.

SO, No new trailer. Just some old stuff from 14 months ago.

I expect the Wii version to be ok. It is in development for quite some time (was called Knight Wars or something before) and it is based on Batalion Wars 2 engine.

Taker666

Does the Wii version use MotionPlus?

They can kiss goodbye to a sale if they allow 1:1 move control on the PS3..but don't utilise the MotionPlus on the Wii game.

I won't consider the Wii game on principle if they pull that shit (unless it gets very,very good reviews of course :D ).

[Nintex]

Taker666 said:
Does the Wii version use MotionPlus?

They can kiss goodbye to a sale if they allow 1:1 move control on the PS3..but don't utilise the MotionPlus on the Wii game.

I won't consider the Wii game on principle
They don't give a shit

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Bad_Boy said:
the only thing they gave the ps3 version was better shadows? damn.

According to these screenies, the Wii version will be higher resolution too! :eek:

But seriously...I'm surprised they touched anything on the render side (other than res and other 'flick it on' stuff).

wazoo

nincompoop said:
why is headstrong making this and not hotd overkill 2

because Sony did not ask them to do it.

Rumor is that Overkill2 is coming, just not ready. Aragorn Quest is in production for years, maybe even before Overkill, so it may take some time before we got Overkill 2.

Top Bottom