• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FromSoftware adds new app in Elden Ring's DLC section (spotted via SteamDB)

Info from Angie via the purple forum:

app.png

FROM added a new App (Name Unknown) in the DLC section of SteamDB.
It was created 5 days ago, but only today it's been linked to the DLC Section.

It's curious because every "DLC" listed here is preorder or paid content (the Colosseum Update is not listed here).
https://steamdb.info/app/1245620/history/

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Holded off starting NG+ purely because you know for a fact it's going to require you to have reached a certain point in the game before starting the DLC

Depending on the point I’ll either reroll or see how far off I am.

TBH I totally forgot what my build even is or was. I think I changed to one of the katana builds just to try it out and had only beaten the first major boss on NG+. I likely would want to run the final boss hammer for this dlc.

Fake

Holded off starting NG+ purely because you know for a fact it's going to require you to have reached a certain point in the game before starting the DLC

If you played Bloodborne DLC you will know that going into DLC with NG+ and beyond is insane. The scaling this game get above NG+ is cruel, so if this really follow the Old Hunters methodology, will be probably be easier beat Elden Ring DLC without a NG+.

Arsic

If you played Bloodborne DLC you will know that going into DLC with NG+ and beyond is insane. The scaling this game get above NG+ is cruel, so if this really follow the Old Hunters methodology, will be probably be easier beat Elden Ring DLC without a NG+.
Some of us are men.

Arsic

You words means nothing in the Elden Ring.
Outside of Malenia, Elden ring was tame compared to other FS games in terms of difficulty. Maybe that just comes with having played their entire catalogue so I know what to expect?

I think a game like GTFO is 100x harder than any FS games in its later levels in a chapter. Absolutely brutal stuff.

PanzerCute

+1

I beat Bloodborne dlc on NG+ the first time. Orphan of Kos took me hours to beat. That was bloody brutal.
(Loved it tho)

Fake

Outside of Malenia, Elden ring was tame compared to other FS games in terms of difficulty. Maybe that just comes with having played their entire catalogue so I know what to expect?

I think a game like GTFO is 100x harder than any FS games in its later levels in a chapter. Absolutely brutal stuff.

I was talking about the disproportionate scaling of the Bloodborne and I remember From Software dev talking like the DLC is in good route/shaping as the Old Hunters DLC.
And I lost the count about how many times I beat Elden Ring and even Malenia, with is one of the bosses in the game I really hate because I find stupid giving bosses life steal.

I not sure about this in question, but FS is well knowed to listen to their fanbase, so I sure the DLC will kick our asses because they know people are reaching the higher levels of the game can scale.

+1

I beat Bloodborne dlc on NG+ the first time. Orphan of Kos took me hours to beat. That was bloody brutal.
(Loved it tho)

I kinda agree, as I mention before we have people that had loads of spend time in the game, so launching a DLC without this scaling would make life easier to the veteran fans, with is as we can see the past told us they are not doing this.

So my recommendation is, if you want an easy DLC make a game from zero, otherwise just continue the you NG+ and beyond and I sure the DLC will kick your butt as Bloodborne Old Hunters do.

Mephisto40

Which is exactly why I havnt started NG+ on my save

I've got no intention of ever fighting the fire giant specifically ever again, that boss nearly made me stop playing

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
did this game support cross save? played on ps5 but want to switch to PC for dlc. what are my options?
It does! You can bring a PS4 save to PS5.

That's it though. You are unfortunately screwed but hey, you get to replay Elden Ring!

I have 2 characters. One that is at the start of NG+ and one that just beat Elden Beast.

I made that 2nd character just so I wouldn't be starting the DLC in NG+.

I also have a NG character and a NG+3 that I can use but that NG+20 is a walking god of destruction.

Maybe the DLC will surprise me

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I have 3 build…

Faith/ Dex lightning focus
INT/STR
Arc/Dex

I don’t know which I should go with for the DLC playthrough.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I don’t even remember my build. I think it was axe based, lol. And had second lightning sword based character.

Caio

Bring it ON! I have a feeling that this DLC will be bigger than some standalone games in the genre.
Yep, I think so :D and I can't wait !
edited : can I start the DLC with my build(Level 655) ? How the difficulty level can be tuned if you can start with your Build ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom