• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frostpunk 2 | Gameplay Deep Dive

Delve deeper into the game with a new developer commentary video, where Frostpunk 2's co-directors provide valuable insights into the game's major changes and an extended gameplay preview.

While Frostpunk 2 is significantly larger in scale than the original game in every aspect, this Preview offers a glimpse of approximately 40 percent of the full experience awaiting players upon the game's release on July 25, 2024, on PC and via PC Game Pass. Anticipate additional factions, expansive maps and colonies, increased exploration, dramatic occurrences, and a robust narrative campaign mode. The game will also become available on consoles at a later date and will be included with Xbox Game Pass.

Sethbacca

I've been so excited for this since the initial teaser. I'm not sure how I feel about the change from simpler strategy game to this larger city building version of it, but if someone had explained the original game to me without me playing it I probably wouldn't have been excited either. I'll wait to try it since I have a bit of faith in these guys to deliver something good.

Comandr

Well I bought it, played a bit over an hour, and refunded it. The game is so massively different from the original. Now, it plays much more like Civilization, or Sim City, and I don't prefer that. You set districts, and the rest is all built automatically.

I strongly preferred being able to hand place my buildings, trying to squeeze out maximum efficiency in regards to closeness to the generator.

Speaking of generators, it mostly seems like an afterthought now. I was able to place industrial areas and such quite far from the generator and they were fine. As long as you are bringing in enough coal and your heat demand doesn't exceed production, proximity is no longer an issue.

The advent of adding new factions is interesting - new interest groups can form based on decisions you've made, and that's interesting.

It's gone from day one to wait for sale for me though.

Top Bottom