• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck Bungie and Ubisoft for starting the precedent of deleting and removing paid content...

ReBurn

Gold Member
FXoKZiNVEAAkdXS
Thomas is just mad that he didn't have a spare $2.50. He always was jealous.

Why? It's in the terms of service you agree to when you pay for download only content. It's a rental that they can take back at any time with no notice. They told you they were fucking you and you agreed to it.

You paid to rent them. This was in the licensing agreement you made when you paid for the rental.
I didn't buy anything digital. I buy discs, but the fact that I can buy a disc and they will patch out the destiny campaign is horse shit. But this is why I turn off auto updates for patches.

You do know not everything you write in a contract is automatically lawful?

Last edited:
NeoGAF will implode when these cloud games get off the ground. These next few years are going to be fun.
Strong chance ps6/Xbox will be digital only next gen.

Good thing I've already decided PS5 was my last one, but Nintendo will still support physical. In a way I'm glad I have less hardware to buy, I'm also glad Sony are putting their games on PC.

Wildebeest

The only major site with a commitment to DRM free gaming is GOG.

• 1. The single-player mode has to be accessible offline.
  • 2. Games you bought and downloaded can never be taken from you or altered against your will.
  • 3. The GOG GALAXY client is and will remain optional for accessing single-player offline mode.

Hayabusa83

Banned
Each of the big three have their flaws, but Sony and Nintendo just irritate me with their online subscriptions to access legacy games. I can't reward this sort of behavior so I bought a BC PS3 and unlocked access to the Gamecube functionality on my Wii U.

Why? It's in the terms of service you agree to when you pay for download only content. It's a rental that they can take back at any time with no notice. They told you they were fucking you and you agreed to it.

You paid to rent them. This was in the licensing agreement you made when you paid for the rental.

Oh give me a break. You know that will never hold up in court, especially European court. In fact, EULA's already don't hold up in court. When I purchase something from a store, it explicitly says "Buy" or "Purchase", not "Rent".

Just because these companies claim all of a sudden that our purchases these last few decades were really just "rentals" does not mean that it is true.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Oh give me a break. You know that will never hold up in court, especially European court. In fact, EULA's already don't hold up in court. When I purchase something from a store, it explicitly says "Buy" or "Purchase", not "Rent".

Just because these companies claim all of a sudden that our purchases these last few decades were really just "rentals" does not mean that it is true.
You're not buying a game, you're buying a license. That license has terms included with it. If you want to buy a game you have to buy a physical, mechanical copy.

Three

Each of the big three have their flaws, but Sony and Nintendo just irritate me with their online subscriptions to access legacy games. I can't reward this sort of behavior so I bought a BC PS3 and unlocked access to the Gamecube functionality on my Wii U.
You know you can buy those legacy games too right, unless the original publisher disallows it to milk multiple services instead.

It's total bullshit but here we are. There are probably a lot of people ready to defend this too based on a lot of posts I've seen on Gaf. The industry is not in a good place right now for stuff like this to be happening. Sony and MS should never have let Bungie do this in the first place. They removed almost $150 worth of content it's insane.

Gojiira

Destiny 2 is complicated in regards to its content vaulting, power creep, story, seasons etc have made a lot of the content irrelevant, then theres content that simply wasnt getting played, game size ballooning etc.
While Id love all the content to be available, it would make the game a mess to navigate.

MacReady13

You know you can buy those legacy games too right
Please tell me how to purchase Tekken and Ape Escape 2 on my PS5 and how in the HELL do I purchase all the Donkey Kong Country games on my Switch? I'd love to play all these games without the use of a subscription service...

Three

Doesn't allow that on my PS5 in Australia on the store. Besides, you neglected to show me how I can purchase Tekken. And the DKC games on the Switch...
Not sure what's happening in Australia. Maybe somebody else from there can chip in. As for Tekken ask Bandia Namco Tekken 1 isn't even on a subscription. I said
"You know you can buy those legacy games too right, unless the original publisher disallows it to milk multiple services instead."

MacReady13

Not sure what's happening in Australia. Maybe somebody else from there can chip in. As for Tekken ask Bandia Namco Tekken 1 isn't even on a subscription. I said
"You know you can buy those legacy games too right, unless the original publisher disallows it to milk multiple services instead."
That is my issue though with these sub services. You can never really play unless subscribed and once you decide no more sub, no more play. It's a bullshit situation. I want to buy what I want, when I want.

levyjl1988

Banned
Wait until you here about the automaker Bavarian Motor Works is doing. They are including heated seats in vehicles but you will have to pay an $18 monthly fee (sub) for them to turn them on.

Shits spreading.

Yup microtransaction hell... found a good video describing it.

93xfan

Banned
You can still download the Ubi stuff if you bought it.
And all the big 3 better make sure they don’t let any crappy company remove already paid for content. I hope that’s a part of the deal of putting things on the eshop, Xbox or PlayStation store. So if Sega says they want to take away a game people already bought, Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo can be like “fuck off.”

Top Bottom