• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FUCK. i just got a reckless driving ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
i was going 100mph at a 65 limit. :(

im not sure what to do. this was in connecticut. the officer told me that since my drivers license is from florida, some law ('NBC') applies. he said i can mail the bond (i have 5 days to do so). and i would not have to appear in court.. otherwise, i can go to court to contest it.

im looking at the paper right now, and it doesnt explain the repercussion of mailing the bond.. im guessing i get points on my license and my insures skyrockets..

i think im going to contact a lawyer in the morning and try to figure this out.

do any of you know of any good ones in connecticut? or know of a website where i can search for one??

the timing of this could not have been worse. :( goddam, im so foolish.

teiresias

I don't know whether to laugh or just point out the irony that someone with your screenname was driving wrecklessly.

ManaByte

Just be glad you weren't in Texas. 25MPH over the limit and you get tossed in jail. In CA, you lose your license.

Particle Physicist

ManaByte said:
Just be glad you weren't in Texas. 25MPH over the limit and you get tossed in jail. In CA, you lose your license.

actually, the cop said he could have thrown me in jail, but since the 'NBC' law applied, i could just mail the bond..

the dumbest thing about this was that i was only driving 100 for a short amount of time cause the highway was empty and i thought to myself 'hey, let me hit 100 real quick and then i'll back down' .

:(

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
teiresias said:
I don't know whether to laugh or just point out the irony that someone with your screenname was driving wrecklessly.

Hahaha, I was just thinking the same exact thing.

Geez... that chair must've been flying. And it didn't even have Christopher Reeves in it.

Loki

Count of Concision
Pretty sure many states revoke your license with a reckless driving charge-- at least they do here in NY.

If not, it's gonna be major points on your record (think: 10+).

golem

well you can fight it.. or you can pay.. since it happened in another state it probably wont go on your record (but some states do share information)

ManaByte

golem said:
well you can fight it.. or you can pay.. since it happened in another state it probably wont go on your record (but some states do share information)

Most states will also allow traffic school to get rid of it.

Seth C

Eh, you deserved it. I got a reckless driving ticket for passing someone in a passing zone without speeding. They can get you for reckless driving over damned near anything.

Particle Physicist

ManaByte said:
Most states will also allow traffic school to get rid of it.

its my first violation .. :( im guessing that should help out a bit. does anyone know of a site that would tell me if connecticut allows this??

Seth ::

i know i deserve it. i already stated it was quite stupid of me.. :( the only reason why i am contacting a lawyer is to find out if there is a way to minimize the damage it does to my insurance rate.

fart

Savant
a lawyer can probably get it reduced to speeding at the very least, but my guess is it will still hit your insurance and put points on your license. contact a lawyer first thing though. if you go with the lawyer, i just can't see it being a big deal. hell, they may be able to get it down to no points/traffic school. the only thing you know for sure is that it's going to cost you money.

retardboy

hahaha my family was on vacation in Washington Dc and my dad got 3 tickets in a span of 1 hour in 3 different states. Not one went on his record since we were out of state. (We're from California) He just paid the fine. Not sure how it works for reckless driving though. His were just speeding.

fart

Savant
you do realize that state dmvs share info like this right? so those will actually go on his record.

retardboy

well lets put it this way, the insurance company didn't notice them. they didnt raise the premium at all. this was years ago, btw.

ManaByte said:

Naw.

My friend and I were pulled over doing 104 in a 70. We were sent to jail, just given a ticket and an order to slow down. I think it depends on the area of Texas you're in, though. We were flying towards Lubbock on basically what could be considered the Autobahn...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Why on earth you speed in the first place is beyond me. Although I can't say much, my mum's boyfriend got his hands on a Peter Brock (oldie famous driver in Australia) Special V8 since he worked at a mechanic shop and took it upto 260km/hr (roughly 161 m/hr) on a desolate stretch of road. Was mad and I'll always remember that feeling but there's no way in hell I'd do it myself - last I heard the car had wrapped itself around the trunk of a tree with the guy who owned the car dying instantly a week or so after our speed trip.

bjork

ManaByte said:

So I should feel lucky that the ticket I got for 72 in a 50 only ran me $250, then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom