• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Frontal with Samantha Bee - OT - 10:30PM Wednesdays on TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Recorded it last night and heard a glowing review of the show on NPR this morning so I'm looking forward to watching even more now.

Bee was always a highlight on the Daily Show.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ugh... I completely forgot to set this up to record on my DVR. I miss Sam and Jason on TDS so I'm hoping they do well with this new show.

Are the full episodes available anywhere online? If not I guess I'll have to live with the youtube clips Cornballer posted.

edit - NVM I'm dumb.. full episode right there in the OP.. DOH..
edit 2- This TBS viewer is the worst I can't get it to pop up with the directv login box. Guess I'll just look for a repeat instead.

e_i

Ugh... I completely forgot to set this up to record on my DVR. I miss Sam and Jason on TDS so I'm hoping they do well with this new show.

Are the full episodes available anywhere online? If not I guess I'll have to live with the youtube clips Cornballer posted.

edit - NVM I'm dumb.. full episode right there in the OP.. DOH..
edit 2- This TBS viewer is the worst I can't get it to pop up with the directv login box. Guess I'll just look for a repeat instead.
'
There is an Android app (and I guess iOS app).

Nelo Ice

Banned
Loved it. Will def be tuning in weekly. It's a nice late night combo on Mondays starting with this then the Daily Show and Late Show.

https://deadline.com/2016/02/samant...miere-2-2m-across-turner-networks-1201699351/

Samantha Bee’s new TBS late-night show clocked 2.2M viewers in its 10 PM ET launch last night. Of that crowd, 1.2M fell into the 18-49 demographic. Turner simulcast the unveiling on Adult Swim, TNT and truTV.

Bee’s hosting debut was simulcast as well, but across four networks. Of her 2.2M viewers of all ages, 629K watched on the show’s home network, TBS. Another 402K watched on TNT, and 142K on truTV. And nearly 1M watched on Adult Swim (986K to be exact, according to Nielsen stats for the timeslot).

Similar story in the demo. Full Frontal averaged 360K on TBS, 222K on TNT, 66K on truTV, and its biggest crowd – 569K – on Adult Swim.

Interesting that the most viewers came from Adult Swim...

Since Trevor seems content laughing at his own jokes and lobbing softballs, I'm glad Queen Bee is bringing the fire again. With Jon Stewart and David Letterman gone and Jimmy Fallon hosting the Tonight Show it has gotten entirely too fucking friendly out there.

That was fantastic. It wasn't less than a week ago I was wondering if the Daily Show would ever regain its form. But with Samantha Bee and John Oliver delivering weekly, quality shows, I think my political satire needs will be satiated.

You raised some good pupils Jon.

Really enjoyed the debut, hope the quality can stay up there. Too bad its only 30 minutes, this and John Oliver are nice for an hour but doesn't fill the void of Stewart and Colbert's political coverage and Noah and Wilmore aren't anywhere near as sharp.

Robert Williams

Neo Member
Really enjoyed the debut, hope the quality can stay up there. Too bad its only 30 minutes, this and John Oliver are nice for an hour but doesn't fill the void of Stewart and Colbert's political coverage and Noah and Wilmore aren't anywhere near as sharp.

Trevor Noah is not the problem with the Daily Show.

Not going to lie GAF, I came into this thread just reading the first two words and expected this:
Gundam-Unicorn-5-Smug-Char.jpg

Damn...

spinz

I really like this. Funny clever high energy.. has the spirit of the daily show for obvious reasons. Much better than the shows in comedy centrals new block.

gabbo

I laughed a lot harder at the Bernie of Seville than I thought I would (and "What's 'Canty'"?).
Her first two episodes have been great, everything that made her stand out on TDS carry over here, and she doesn't hold back. Even got anotehr Scalia joke in during the throw to credits.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
It's wackier in her own special way and I love it. Hopefully she finds the same success with this as John Oliver found with his show.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It's wackier in her own special way and I love it. Hopefully she finds the same success with this as John Oliver found with his show.
I like last week tonight and John Oliver, but she is actually funny, and makes real jokes with regularity.

LWT has those long-form segments that keep me coming back... but for jokes Oliver misses more than hits.

FF with Sam is legit funny though. Sharper, so far.

gabbo

Ugh, so I missed it last night. And TBS makes you sign in. I have sling which provides TBS, but they don't allow that as a signup lol.

Yeah, that's the annoying thing, TBS doesn't seem to have a Canadian deal in place for digital content so I have to set aside monday time for it (not a huge problem), just that'd prefer a backup like ComedyNetwork.ca to stream, which they currently don't should I not be able to watch it on mondays

RDreamer

I really wish this was streaming on something like Hulu. Initially I hated Samantha Bee on The Daily Show, so I didn't have any interest in seeing this at all, but in the clips I've seen of this show she's fucking killing it. I'd love to add it to my roster.

Busty

Banned
Thoroughly enjoyed the second episode of this (I missed the first) and thought it was excellent. I can definitely see this having a place among the likes of Last Week Tonight and Daily Show etc.

Alrus

Just watched the clips on youtube and this is hilarious. Might fill part of the void John Stewart's departure left in my heart.

Hopefully the humor stays as sharp as it is now.

Just watched through, Sam's really good. Doesn't go as hard in on focused issues as John, but is a hell of a lot funnier.

What did Jason move on to?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It was nice to see Full Frontal go in on the perception that John Kasich is a mythical moderate. I was also somewhat, but not unpleasantly, surprised that they did segments centered around abortion two weeks in a row.

Ah cool. I see both of them are writing it, will have to give it a watch when it starts.
IIRC, they sold The Detour to TBS first, and then TBS was like, maybe we should try to do a late night thing with Samantha Bee, too.

Dishwalla

Banned
The bad thing about this show is that it's on TBS, never watch that channel so I keep forgetting this exists. Keep having to catch up with it on demand.

steadfast

Never into Daily Show so when I saw commercials for her show I didn't have anything else to reference - sounds like she's good. This comes as a huge surprise to me as those commercials were fucking terrible and unfunny.

Turner marketing sucks

It was nice to see Full Frontal go in on the perception that John Kasich is a mythical moderate. I was also somewhat, but not unpleasantly, surprised that they did segments centered around abortion two weeks in a row.

Yup. It's like everyone forgot the republican revolution.

Guys like Kasich and Gingrich have a lot to answer for the current crop of hyper right candidates

Cronox

Banned
Caught up on the first 3 episodes. This is pretty good. Funnier than Oliver (though that's not saying much in itself), it's sharp in a way I haven't seen in awhile while still being informative.

Ultima_5

Glad this sounds good. I'm gonna give it a shot tonight.

Haven't heard any buzz about it yet. Found it started when it popped up on my monthly routine of googling Jon Stewart's name
What's the best way to watch full episodes without cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom