• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Frontal with Samantha Bee - OT - 10:30PM Wednesdays on TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone involved talked about the "only one night a week" thing? Curious if it's their choice or if it's TBS testing the waters and seeing how it does before making it a bit more frequent.

Edit: Actually, found something.
This is why Bee is relieved to be doing Full Frontal weekly instead of echoing The Daily Show's four-days-a-week schedule — the fourth difference, and one that follows in the footsteps of Last Week Tonight. "There’s really no way to do a show four days a week and do the thing that inspired me to do this kind of work in the first place," she said. And as far Bee is concerned, if a weekly show gives her more time to live her life outside a studio after 12 years churning out daily content, all the better.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Damn this show is amazingly brutal. That mass shooting drill segment was incredible. The GOP solution to stopping mass shootings is to use the Ben Carson method of kids ganging up on the shooter by throwing things at them. Like seriously having a mass shooting drill that teaches kids to do that is their solution.

Edit: Here's a link to the segment.
http://youtu.be/pxgEeTScnTw

abundant

Damn this show is amazingly brutal. That mass shooting drill segment was incredible. The GOP solution to stopping mass shootings is to use the Ben Carson method of kids ganging up on the shooter by throwing things at them. Like seriously having a mass shooting drill that teaches kids to do that is their solution.

Edit: Here's a link to the segment.
http://youtu.be/pxgEeTScnTw

What blew me away was that they found a nutjob who wrote a children's book teaching preschoolers how to defend against a shooter. I mean, WTF is wrong with these people? This isn't an action movie for Christ's sake.

I enjoyed Bee's clip on the Dem debate; finally Bernie gets called out for one re-use of the same attack line

edit: watching the Gun bit .... LOL

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I enjoyed Bee's clip on the Dem debate; finally Bernie gets called out for one re-use of the same attack line

edit: watching the Gun bit .... LOL

I'm surprised the late show hosts haven't dug in more on Sanders for that. I guess Trump is just giving way too much material.

This has been great, it's like a tighter daily show. Best political show on late night as long as she doesn't fall into the "same four jokes over and over" like Oliver does.

Nelo Ice

Banned
This show is on fire. Bee just owns every segment. And that Trump supporter segment omg. The mental gymnastics displayed by everyone there was incredible.

gabbo

That Trump supporter segment... I just.... Those people cannot be real, right?
The woman who smiled and claimed the wall would be 10 feet higher as if that response actually made any sense, and then one supporting what amounts to fascism.

This show.

Penguin

That Trump supporter segment... I just.... Those people cannot be real, right?
The woman who smiled and claimed the wall would be 10 feet higher as if that response actually made any sense, and then one supporting what amounts to fascism.

This show.

It's not anger... it's passion!

SIGH

Curufinwe

This has been great, it's like a tighter daily show. Best political show on late night as long as she doesn't fall into the "same four jokes over and over" like Oliver does.

I liked him a lot more on the Daily Show. He spends too much time shouting at imaginary people now.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I love how the upload everything to YouTube. That way even us foreigners can watch it!

linsivvi

I must have at least seen that crazy pastor video from various shows 10 times now. I need to turn down the volume every time I see it because I simply can't stand it.

What a disgusting human garbage.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Another fantastic episode, everybody must watch this show. Unless you are a Trump (or Cruz) supporter ;)
It will be boring if the Republican party ever reforms into something reasonable...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This show is really incredible. I hope people are watching it. The pace is really fast and the humor is pretty consistent. I can't really compare it to John Oliver. She does an incredible amount with a far shorter running time though, so I give her credit.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Platyfrankenpus
I think that probably does explain the current Republican party quite well, lol.

On a serious note, the last segment with the mention of those who instead Worship at the alter of capitalism, it will be interesting to see if that ideology holds when it's not being held together by religious faith.

Just started getting caught up with this and holy shit yes, Samantha Bee has come out swinging. Hilarious and scathing. I'm loving this show.

The editing on her video segments is great, too. That Jeb Bush film was every bit as exceptional as Vic Berger's tragicomic tribute, and the constant terror alerts in her refugee report kept getting more and more funny every time. And then there's the little throwaway stuff like Sanders trying to get a waiter's attention, or conducting a symphony. Ridiculously funny.

Also, having a female perspective in late night is so vital and refreshing. Her abortion segment touched upon a lot of the same details John Oliver covered in his, but her interviews (with the Republican politician and also the pro-choice woman) added another dimension and even a bit more nuance. And of course I just love how she's putting these politicians on blast for their rampant misogyny at every possible opportunity. As others have said, she goes straight for the throat here and it's fantastic.

https://deadline.com/2016/04/full-f...ditional-episodes-end-of-2016-tbs-1201731283/

‘Full Frontal with Samantha Bee’ Renewed Through End Of 2016 By TBS

TBS’ breakout weekly late-night show Full Frontal with Samantha Bee will stick around for the rest of the 2016 Presidential campaign. The network has ordered 26 more episodes of the series less than two months into its run. That brings the order for the show starring and executive produced by The Daily Show alumna Samantha Bee to 39, taking it to the end of 2016. “Stay crazy America, I’ll be here all year!” said Bee.

In addition to garnering solid reviews, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee has averaged 3.7 million viewers per episode across TBS’ linear, digital and mobile platforms. That includes 2.1 total viewers and a million adults 18-49 in Live + 7. Online, clips from the show have logged 29 million views on the Full Frontal with Samantha Bee YouTube channel.

I'm happy for Sam, but what a tiny renewal this is. I wonder why they didn't go multi-year if it's doing this well. *cough*woman*cough*

undrtakr900

Anyone watch tonight.

The Eagle segment was hot fire.
Agreed.

I also loved how she ripped the conservatives who oppose "diaper subsidie for low income parents" because Repubs say "poor people should stop having babies!" but those same people oppose "contraception from planned parenthood".

This show is great! There should be more people that watch it :)

Nelo Ice

Banned
God damn. This week's episode was once again fire. Eddie Eagle and Diaper segment were incredible. Like she just decimated conservative arguments.

gabbo

This week's episode was on point. The Eddie the Eagle segment, my god.
Gun regulation lobby, here is your starting point.

It's Full Frontal fan fiction! Honestly could be better.

https://twitter.com/FullFrontalSamB/status/722791342934339585

Cgfe5TRWEAAFb5N.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom