• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fumito Ueda talks ICO, SotC, and The Last Guardian

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
John said:
fair enough. bad conclusion on my part.
Him personally aside, there's something to be said also about whether the author/artist even needs to know the definitions of art to make good art? How important is that in the process? Did old masters even know the textbook definitions of what it is that they are making, like we do now? I'm thinking the most informed people on that subject today are art theorists and critics, and they usually don't actually create any art.

apana

sublimit said:
^Read more carefully please.

I dont understand, you were talking about fast food, which I guess means that they are trying to make this game appeal to the maximum number of people. However, there are a lot of different videogame audiences so if you could be more specific....

sublimit

Banned
apana said:
I dont understand, you were talking about fast food, which I guess means that they are trying to make this game appeal to the maximum number of people. However, there are a lot of different videogame audiences so if you could be more specific....

As i said before since the game hasn't been released yet we don't know what kind of tone the official music will have.We all speak theoretically here with no actual facts since information about this game is still scarce.
I just expressed my concern because personally i found the chosen music to be more tailored to western people than say,the music of Michiru Oshima or even Kenji Kaido's.But the final product could prove me wrong so lets not jump to conclusions yet.
And i never said or implied anything about family friendly games...

apana

I think it was just the fact that you mentioned Disney that threw me off, I read too much into that. My bad...:D

This is largely just Ueda giving a bit more detail to previous statements so I didn't think that it was worthy of a new thread

Regarding The Last Guardian, Ueda said that he believes the Tokyo Game Show trailer was able to show realistic animal-like movements of the massive Torico creature. However, there are some areas where he's not satisfied with the variation, so he expects the quality to improve further

As Ueda has said in past interviews, Torico will move of his own accord. However, they're making it so that you'll be able to issue simple directions to him
. Torico has likes and dislikes (I'm not sure if this refers to just food or to other things as wel), and you can use these to guide him.

The boy and Torico will see their relationship deepen as the game progresses.

As for gameplay systems and so forth, Ueda wouldn't share specifics, saying that there isn't anything he can promise at this point as the gameplay areas could be changing in order to improve quality and make the game more enjoyable.

Fans of Team Ico should be pleased with one particular comment from Ueda, though. He said that he's aiming for something similar to ICO, so there won't be any clear on-screen gauges, and the controls will be kept from being too complicated.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/29/fumito_ueda_dengeki_interview/

Toriko, come here! *opens a barrel of delicious grapes*

DISLIKES:
Toriko, go away for a sec! *throws a spear into his shoulder*

apana

This game sort of reminds me of the Avatar show. You know the bald kid riding around on his space bison? I would like the beast to fly towards the end of the game.

Top Bottom