• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Zero315

Banned
Wasn't there some fuckery with the SDCC Megazord? I expect more of the same with this one.

Yep, still never managed to get one.

Wasn't the fuckery that it was only a SDCC exclusive?
Not just that it was an SDCC exclusive, but also that no one knew where it was going because it was just listed as a "Diamond Exclusive". Then it popped up at GameStop and sold out super quick. Some physical Thinkgeek stores had it, and some comic book shops got it.

Pickle Rick:
u0uayb9dsgiz.png

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/funkopop/comments/6wisrw/pickle_rick_official/

I just watched They Live for the first time last night and how the hell are there no Funko Pops (or any merch, really) for that? Seems SO obvious to me: Roddy Piper with the sunglasses on, then an alien, and have the chase be an alien colored in black & white/grayscale.

The aliens are also prime characters for Pint Size Heroes in both Horror and Sci-Fi, as well as Mystery Mini figures too.

Or am I totally misjudging the cult popularity of They Live? I always assumed it was kind of a big one but maybe not?

Zero315

Banned
This is a thing but we still don't have Princess Bride Pops.

da fuq

They have the master license for Rick & Morty figures and toys, so you'll see them coming out super quick.

I just watched They Live for the first time last night and how the hell are there no Funko Pops (or any merch, really) for that? Seems SO obvious to me: Roddy Piper with the sunglasses on, then an alien, and have the chase be an alien colored in black & white/grayscale.

The aliens are also prime characters for Pint Size Heroes in both Horror and Sci-Fi, as well as Mystery Mini figures too.

Or am I totally misjudging the cult popularity of They Live? I always assumed it was kind of a big one but maybe not?

It's definitely a cult classic, but moreso in different circles than the more geeky ones Funko tends to pull from.

I'll probably grab the Pickle Rick with Laser.

So happy Disney is doing a Parks Pop when I'll be down there next week.

I'll make sure I get to the Magic Kingdom by 7AM to make sure I get my Orange Bird Funko

So happy Disney is doing a Parks Pop when I'll be down there next week.

I'll make sure I get to the Magic Kingdom by 7AM to make sure I get my Orange Bird Funko

Good luck! Also what I've seen you gotta get there 6pm the day before if you want to get one since people will buy 12+ and flip them later.

Good luck! Also what I've seen you gotta get there 6pm the day before if you want to get one since people will buy 12+ and flip them later.

From what I heard about the last one they did, the Snowman from Matterhorn it took 2 hours after park opening for them to sell out at Disneyland, and they had them at Downtown Disney for a good chunk of the day.

Really shocked they don't to purchase limits?

Between my GF and myself we'd like to ideally get 4.

1 to open
1 to keep mint
1 to give to my Mom
1 to flip/trade later

zeemumu

From what I heard about the last one they did, the Snowman from Matterhorn it took 2 hours after park opening for them to sell out at Disneyland, and they had them at Downtown Disney for a good chunk of the day.

Really shocked they don't to purchase limits?

Between my GF and myself we'd like to ideally get 4.

1 to open
1 to keep mint
1 to give to my Mom
1 to flip/trade later

One Pop to have them all
One flipped to find them
One Pop to bring to Mom
And in their boxes bind them

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Next week will be really fun trying to get a single Crota at Target. Not the Target exclusive 1/6 GITD chase of course, the regular one is already going to be a chase!

Zero315

Banned
Next week will be really fun trying to get a single Crota at Target. Not the Target exclusive 1/6 GITD chase of course, the regular one is already going to be a chase!
Speaking of which, my Atheon and Xur arrived from GameStop today. None of the GameStops around me had Xur so I just decided to order them both online.

Ugh.... not looking forward to the Crota hunt though.

Edit: Hopefully I'll be able to find one of those Ghost replicas that was posted on Reddit earlier too.

I tried to get the star wars minis, but I cant keep up with that...holy shit. Walmart doesnt even have the first series yet(which they had exclusives for), now they get exclusives here too. And fucking walgreens exclusives lmao, its hard enough to find exclusive pops at walgreens. Mystery minis are a complete lost cause there.

Make sure to watch brickseek like a hawk once they're out. Been pretty reliable for me with Target's stuff.

Target is the absolute worst for me. Even if I have the brickseek info and barcode on hand ready to go. They always just tell me even though they have it, they dont know where it is. I ask if they can check in the back, and they tell me theres no way for them to find stuff. Im just like wtf...

I did go to customer service once and walked out with the item i was looking for 10 minutes later, after the employees in electronics said they didnt know where it was.

Target is the absolute worst for me. Even if I have the brickseek info and barcode on hand ready to go. They always just tell me even though they have it, they dont know where it is. I ask if they can check in the back, and they tell me theres no way for them to find stuff. Im just like wtf...

I did go to customer service once and walked out with the item i was looking for 10 minutes later, after the employees in electronics said they didnt know where it was.

To be fair the employees in electronics probably legitimately don't know where it is. The new POPs are supposed to be put out by the stocking crew and were usually there when I would get there at store open. The part about "they don't know where it is" could also be true because of the way POPs get put under weird DPCIs at Target so they aren't always where they're supposed to be and different waves don't have different numbers so it's often impossible to differentiate stock between old POPs and new ones.

I might take my multiple pre-order tactic on that Ghost Rider if that's going to be the chase (which I assume it is).

I'm 1/1, might as well go down in flames with my winning streak, haha.

Didn't realize Costco is doing 3 and 4 pack collections for The Last Jedi

Gonna have to stop by tomorrow morning and see if they actually have them.

Zero315

Banned
I have a mighty need.

I was just coming to post those lol. I want them bad.

I might take my multiple pre-order tactic on that Ghost Rider if that's going to be the chase (which I assume it is).

I'm 1/1, might as well go down in flames with my winning streak, haha.

I don't think it is a chase. There's no chase sticker on it and the PX sticker is different. It's probably a situation like the fugitive exclusives where they just charge more for the GitD version.

I was just coming to post those lol. I want them bad.

I don't think it is a chase. There's no chase sticker on it and the PX sticker is different. It's probably a situation like the fugitive exclusives where they just charge more for the GitD version.

Ah, thank you.

Went to 2 Targets this morning.

Was first in line at one, and they only had a whopping 16 FUNKOs

It was 2 displays of 8, and 8 of them were old I guess reprints of the original trilogy ones.

Only good thing is that they rang up for 6.28 each.

Went to another Target, and they had a giant display near the registers that easily had about 50 on it.

Grabbed pretty much everything I wanted, and got them to price match the other Target.

Top Bottom