• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furry-GAF

Can't believe I didn't notice this thread before! I hope there isn't a problem hotlinking from FA.
1325809565.balaa_divinecradle_by_balaa___lorien.jpg

1326394585.kaji_commission_wanderingpariah_alector-foxamoore_lowres.jpg

1295632434.silverone_shazra.jpg

1309727710.kaji_talktogod.jpg

1306954678.kaji_commission_wanderingpariah_final.jpg

1228949752.kaji_locke178_web.jpg

1306099259.blotch_across-thin-ice-cover.jpg

Uchip

Banned
I thought a lot of the pics in this thread were kinda boring so I wanted to show off some of the major talent there is.

I did post alectorfencor before, kind of too scared to search beyond the few that I know since a lot of the more talented artists also do a lot of very... unsavory art

I did post alectorfencor before, kind of too scared to search beyond the few that I know since a lot of the more talented artists also do a lot of very... unsavory art

Heh, yeah they do, including most of these artists I posted, one reason I didn't link to their respective galleries. (Well I wouldn't call them UNsavory, just not suitable for posting here.) :p

Salazar

is that your avatar too?
shes pretty awesome to be wearing something like that

Naw, my avatar is Gyuri.

Yeah, she always wears kind of weird stuff, but mostly in the sense of unfashionable. Wearing a big old animal hat just before going on Letterman is pretty bold.

Volimar

I'm not a furry per se, but I am loving some of these HQ pictures. My favorite table top RPG character I ever played was a Kitsune in White Wolf's World of Darkness universe. Was a lot of fun to play a character that had to rely more on finesse than brutality.

Uchip

Banned
I'm not a furry per se

Despite posting a lot here i dont consider myself one either, as most of it is off putting and creepy,and it isn't really preferable. But like a lot of things it can also be done right and be interesting or unique.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
True, I shouldn't really have said it that way, especially while just starting out. Got some more for you all.

Don't apologize. :) I'm just saying, like... if my avatar picture were high-detail, it'd be a little weird, but that picture in a cartoon style would be a lot weaker. Nice to see the mix of the two (even if I prefer cartoony; there's enough realism in reality :p )

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
lol, I remember Street Sharks.

Cross-post from Kpop GAF.

a4lSD.gif
8AJsO.gif

befe1.gif
vXzkq.gif

Hyoyeon is furry curious.

This is why I like Hyoyeon (though not as much as Phono >_>)

I knew she was awesome. Does she still hold Fashion Terrorist status, Sal? I haven't popped into the thread in some time.

Why are wuff hats suddenly a craze anyway
For some reason, I've been seeing lots of people in Manhattan wearing those wolf head hats with the long straps (mittens on the end?). There were others, but I saw that one more than the rest.

I just guessed that it was the popular thing this season.

Hop

For some reason, I've been seeing lots of people in Manhattan wearing those wolf head hats with the long straps (mittens on the end?). There were others, but I saw that one more than the rest.

Before Christmas there were tons of stands selling knit hats in all sorts of animal head designs (pandas, sheep, wolves, etc). I like to claim that my bunny hat started the trend. :)

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan

Firehead has one of those and it's adorbs.

I want one.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about...

...and we're in a tropical country, we wouldn't need that!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Some of them look great but most of them look cheap and tacky.

Fad fashion is fad.

Tyeforce

Lol, I've been wondering why everyone's suddenly wearing those kind of hats too. Though I tried my friend's on, and it's super cute, so I want one too now. XD I want this one:
1383-13.jpg

(It looks better on a real person, lol.)

Hop

CHEEZMO™;34760331 said:

Those border on comical, and I can't not associate them with Japanese schoolgirls.

I've had one of these for the last.... five years now, actually:

1003-02.jpg

Mine's lavendar instead of white, but same model.

By senior year of college I was so widely recognized that I actually got a vote for Student Government president, not under my name, but under "the guy with the rabbit hat". :D

Hop

you must have been in a pretty awesome school imo
people get harassed for far less

I went to a tech/art school. There were steampunks and ninjas and a guy who never wore shoes. I hated going into the business college, it was full of boring normal people. That... bathed.

Tyeforce

Those border on comical, and I can't not associate them with Japanese schoolgirls.

I've had one of these for the last.... five years now, actually:

1003-02.jpg

Mine's lavendar instead of white, but same model.

By senior year of college I was so widely recognized that I actually got a vote for Student Government president, not under my name, but under "the guy with the rabbit hat". :D
Oh cool, yours is from Pawstar too. That's where the one I want is from. How's the quality? I really want one, but I'm hesitant to drop the $30 on it.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan

I wouldn't wear it outside :p

My outdoors winter hat would be a massive russian fur hat with a big red Communist Party badge in the forehead. I saw it in a shop but didn't get round to buying it.

Hop

Oh cool, yours is from Pawstar too. That's where the one I want is from. How's the quality? I really want one, but I'm hesitant to drop the $30 on it.

I've had it for five years, that should say a lot :)

The seam right at the middle/top did start to split, and it's generally showing its age, but you can wear it all the time and it'll hold up for a few years at least. Just, of course, don't be too rough on it, they're not indestructible.

you got educated at comic-con? :p
my design school had a few interesting people i guess
but no ninjas

We had our own anime convention, I'm not kidding. (Not a huge one, but we had one. With cosplay and everything.)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
CHEEZMO™;34763165 said:
Me neither.

There's some small, monthly meets near me but I haven't been 'cause I don't want to go alone ._.

I guess meets is the one I am referring to but yeah never went to those either.

but you're not into furry stuff
just "kemonos"

But I live in Asia where the artstyle is kemono :p

I'm just saying, like... if my avatar picture were high-detail, it'd be a little weird, but that picture in a cartoon style would be a lot weaker. Nice to see the mix of the two (even if I prefer cartoony; there's enough realism in reality :p )

I agree, although I tend to favor more detailed pics (not necessarily more realistic, just more detailed) and in video games and animation I definitely prefer more stylized art direction and character designs.

Speaking about cons, I haven't been to one.

I went to a fur con back in 1999 & 2000. It was pretty cool, I liked looking at all the art on display but mostly just hung out in the movie room. The best part was getting to see a bootleg fansub of Princess Mononoke 2 years before its American DVD release. Dangerous places to be if you have money, the first time I was broke but the second I dropped like $300 on comics prints and portfolios.

Top Bottom