• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furry-GAF

You're saying all transsexual are incapable of making any decision that is not some promitive genetic programming?
sigh...
It's pretty much the same as with gay people: they can't change who they are. They could pretend not to be transsexual/gay, but deep within, they can't change what they feel.

Did we stop respecting people for their life choices?
So you respect people with a scat fetish? Good for you.

WHAT DOES IT MATTER.

Being a furry hater is genetic too. I can't help it, sorry.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
CHEEZMO™;33258601 said:
Furry is a very broad term. The majority of furries are just fans of the art and community. Most of it is non-sexual.

From there you get people into the sexual aspect of the art, then onto fursuiters, then the sexual side of that. Then there's people who like to think they're animals, which is specified by "Otherkin", I believe.

Zoophilia is wanting to bone your dog.

Cross-quoting myself to try inform some people.

Might as well say that fetishes, hobbies and religion could be genetic too.

Not really.

Although, I will say that when I was a child and would end up injuring myself, I did used to try and make myself bleed from my injuries as much as possible, so who knows how this shit develops?*

The answer isn't you.

dude

dude
sigh...
It's pretty much the same as with gay people: they can't change who they are. They could pretend not to be transsexual/gay, but deep within, they can't change what they feel.

So you respect people with a scat fetish? Good for you.

Why wouldn't I respect people with a scat fetish? How is that an argument?

And it still does not matter, if, in some alternative world, homosexuality and transexuality are choices, would you be against them?
Whether it's a choice or genetics is so irrelevant I don't even see why people bring it up.

And it still does not matter, if, in some alternative world homosexuality and transsexuality are choices, would you be against them?

I personally wouldn't, but I think other people should be allowed not to hire them (and so on) if they don't want to.

Because it's a lifestyle choice too, and one that most people probably find disgusting. Just wanted to see if you're a hypocrite, but I see you're not.
Good for you, but I think people who are into coprophilia/coprophagia/whateverthehell else there is are disgusting.

Cheerilee

I've known about furries since at least the early 90's, before I even had internet. I'm not a furry myself, BTW.

They're generally nice people exploring the things that they like and not hurting anybody. And their interests have crossed paths with mine on more than one occasion.

The people who actively hate furries make me far more uncomfortable than the furries do.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
So you think people are born as furries?
Well, I haven't got any evidence to dispute that one but I find it highly unlikely.
Might as well say that fetishes, hobbies and religion could be genetic too.

When did he say they're born as furries? It's a subgroup on the internet people choose to partake in.
Btw, having no evidence will get you very far.

dude

dude
I personally wouldn't, but I think other people should be allowed not to hire them (and so on) if they don't want to.

People can do that today for everything. It makes them scum of the earth and idiots, but they can not hire whoever they want if its their private company. Doesn't matter if you're born or choose anything.

Good for you, but I think people who are into coprophilia/coprophagia/whateverthehell else there is are disgusting.
I find eating shit a little disgusting myself, but I have no disrespect for people partaking in it. People do what gets them going man. I am certainly in no position to judge other's life choices that don't affect me in no way.

People can do that today for everything. It makes them scum of the earth and idiots, but they can not hire whoever they want if its their private company. Doesn't matter if you're born or choose anything.

Seriously? Can you say you don't want to hire a gay/trans/black/white/chinese person and not get sued for that?

And it still does not matter, if, in some alternative world, homosexuality and transexuality are choices, would you be against them?
Whether it's a choice or genetics is so irrelevant I don't even see why people bring it up.

Saw a similar argument in another thread. Apparently if it's a choice, it's fine to hate someone for it because their choice! If it's genetic it's not ok to hate. So the whole argument is based on whether the hater has a right to hate or not.

dude

dude
Seriously? Can you say you don't want to hire a gay/trans/black/white/chinese person and not get sued for that?

Depends of the country I guess. But even if you can, an owner of a private company can outright lie and say he didn't hire the man because he's not qualified or something. How can you prove otherwise? There are countless reason for hiring or not hiring someone. If there is such a law, it's pretty in-enforceable.

Anyway, let's not derail the thread.

Kraftwerk

scar tissue said:
but I think other people should be allowed not to hire them (and so on) if they don't want to.

Damnit Scar Tissue, I almost thought you were a rational person...so close..

Now, excuse me while I go partake in a Scatfurry festival.

Prax

Thanks for any compliments, guys! I will definitely draw more furry stuff in the future.. since I've gotten better at drawing in general and I may as well transfer that skill to drawing better animals and furries as well.

I used to visit an online art gallery a lot called Yerf, but that unfortunately ceased to exist for some reason (maybe admin ran out of money). :( It had a lot of amazing artists there and pretty much introduced me to GOOD furry art. And it was all non-adult~! So swank.

I like this thread for how much sense and rationality most posters have.
And for being so informative on the furry spectrum.
Though I always thought the whole "fursona" thing was an avatar for Role-Playing, much like how kids these days (and int he past as well!) like to role-play by making a hero character or fan-character and create stories/act out scenes with each other. Just that some people go very far into identifying with their avatar (which then becomes a self-insert thing).

I think the subculture hate is similar to "animu" hate or geek culture hate in general.
People love to hate on things other people love. >_>

It really bothers me when people used the "depraved" word when it comes to sexual acts between consenting adults.

You know what's depraved? The glorification of war and killing. Not fucking. The cognitive dissonance some people get indoctrinated with is sad or scary, depending on how you look at it.

Like someone else mentioned, sexuality and psychology are incredibly complicated, and almost the majority? of media aimed at children involves anthro-characters.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Love your drawing, Prax! Is there an actual webcomic or something? Care to share the link?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It really bothers me when people used the "depraved" word when it comes to sexual acts between consenting adults.

You know what's depraved? The glorification of war and killing. Not fucking. The cognitive dissonance some people get indoctrinated with is sad or scary, depending on how you look at it.

Like someone else mentioned, sexuality and psychology are incredibly complicated, and almost the majority? of media aimed at children involves anthro-characters.

People are heavily conditioned in many parts of the modern world to see violence as "exciting" and any mention of sex or intimacy as embarrassing - except when it's pseudo-violent like bros bragging about being real men because they "bang" so many chicks.

As for media, here's the thing - a reason why media geared towards children uses animals is because people - not just children - can identify with other creatures given human qualities. It's a basic premise of cartooning, and many other subjects.

But, society conditions people to feel ashamed at "childish" things, because the game is all about proving to the other monkeys how adult (and competitive) you are.

One thing that seems to trigger shit panic crisis in 20-somethings who can't get over having an (anthro) cow at "furries" is the notion that there's something unseemly and disturbing and just "wrong" about adults making use of what the onlooker sees as children's material. It's even worse among gamers because adult gamers "stay in touch with their inner child" by continuing to play games with what gamers call "mascot characters". I've said before, elsewhere, that gamers are insecure at the existence of furries because gamers like anthro characters too, because people in general just plain identify with such things (at some level, however small), and the gamers are upset that someone is doing something confusing and alien with something they (secretly) like and find identifiable.

Short: people are a bundle of issues but tend to believe they've got a pretty good grip on things, and they project their issues at anyone, or thing, that steps out of line with the perception of normative culture. Normative culture, meanwhile, is a shakey bundle of barely lashed together sticks; most folks spend their time with eyes squeezed shut muttering "I'm normal, it's okay, everything's normal."

So I read the Vanity Fair article on furries, and, uh, I dunno but they might actually not be as bad as I thought. Seems many of them are social rejects who finally find acceptance in the furry community.
“I can walk into any situation and go, ‘I am the dude!’ It’s like having a switch, a psychological switch you can tap into and turn something on.”
More power to you if the fantasy of thinking you're a hare makes you feel better.
Although if you seriously believe you're a hare you might just be a tiny bit delusional.

“In some cases—and this might be cruel to say—but we may be wired for the zeta male, the lowest male, to turn to other pursuits besides the pursuit of another human being. These people need a way of having intimacy and pleasure, too.”
Can't hate on forever alone incarnate.

Acerac

Banned
So I read the Vanity Fair article on furries, and, uh, I dunno but they might actually not be as bad as I thought. Seems many of them are social rejects who finally find acceptance in the furry community.

More power to you if the fantasy of thinking you're a hare makes you feel better.
Although if you seriously believe you're a hare you might just be a tiny bit delusional.

Can't hate on forever alone incarnate.

So your analysis concludes that they are a group of people who personify forever alone.

A group of people who are forever alone seems like an odd concept to me.

Prax

I love new quoting system.. hahahaa!!

Love your drawing, Prax! Is there an actual webcomic or something? Care to share the link?
I WISH I had an actual webcomic to show you.. >___>
I am not good with ongoing comicry. I kind of get inspired to do them all the time but just fizzle out after a couple of pages.
I have a lot of "scrap" comics I made when I was like 14 based on these guys though. It's all so kitsch, you would probably cry if you saw them (or if you share my sense of humour.. then laugh.. a lot.. and also cry).

CHEEZMO™;33288668 said:
Me too.

Keep up the good work, dude.

I'd like to heap more compliments on the pile. Nicely done.

Thanks again guys! Is this the |OT| furry thread yet? I will scribble some art for one if it ever gets made!

So your analysis concludes that they are a group of people who personify forever alone.

A group of people who are forever alone seems like an odd concept to me.

I meant it more in terms of sexual relationships, not friends. Guys who fuck plushies might be driven towards that because they just can't get laid. Didn't mean to say that furries in general are forever alone, just the plush fuckers (which are those that weirded me out the most).

Anyways, I can see that the tone of my post might have come across as condescending. That wasn't what I was aiming for.
Nothing wrong with being a social outcast, I'm not exactly the heart of the party either.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Thanks again guys! Is this the |OT| furry thread yet? I will scribble some art for one if it ever gets made!

Naw, I think it's best if we give it some time before the Furry menace is unleashed on GAF yet again.

Unless traffic really picks up in here then who knows?

Acerac

Banned
I meant it more in terms of sexual relationships, not friends. Guys who fuck plushies might be driven towards that because they just can't get laid. Didn't mean to say that furries in general are forever alone.

Anyways, I can see that the tone of my post might have come across as condescending. That wasn't what I was aiming for.
Nothing wrong with being a social outcast, I'm not exactly the heart of the party either.
It's interesting, you're hypothesizing that furries never get laid but every time I see a pic of a fursuit on gaf there are people commenting about how many... stains... would inevitably be on the inside of the suit.

In reality I'd imagine the truth lies somewhere in between.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
It's interesting, you're hypothesizing that furries never get laid but every time I see a pic of a fursuit on gaf there are people commenting about how many... stains... would inevitably be on the inside of the suit.

They never have sex.

Apart from all that creepy sex I condemn them for having.

Just saying, I have to admit I came in here for the Lulz and some new ammunition for making fun of furries (never insulted one personally, but made fun of 'em very often with friends - also, not writing mean things or insulting someone, but rather "hey look, another picture of these furry-people, lol etc.")...

... and come out here seeing how I, who always like to think of myself as a tolerant person, didn't even investigate this topic. Never really invested more thought into it except "Ah, weird creepers in animal costumes circle-fapping to Sonic, lol!" The discussion though, especially the posts by CHEEZMO and Kaijima made me rethink my position on that topic. While it still isn't my cup of tea and I will still make jokes about the topic (as I do with everything, I make fun of myself too. Life is too short and harsh to be taken entirely serious, I know not a single person including myself who isn't in some way fucked up or a stereotype or somewhat strange - and I like them nevertheless - and humour is something I will continue to use on everything, even taboo topics) I begin to understand where they are coming from. Whatever floats their boat I say. More power to you, CHEEZMO & Co.! Do whatever you like, do it without the fear of being insulted in rude fashion and be proud of who you are.

Srsly, Everyone should be able to do and think whatever they like as long as noone else gets involuntarily hurt in the progress (and to those who say "BUT I HAVE TO SEE MALES DRESSED UP AS 3-TAILED FOXES" : turn your head, there's another direction to look at. And if there's furries everywhere, just leave the convention; why where you there anyway?)

Lucario

The social furries who go out and socialize with other furries? They're screwing like rabbits. (lolololol). The fandom has sexual undertones, and I'm pretty sure the hotel maids after furry cons are paid overtime.

And it's not just within fandom. Plenty of the other gay guys at this school have an "I've screwed/dated a furry" before story. I'm certain members of GAF have been in similar situations.

I actually feel like, at this school at least, it's because the average fur is more social than the average person at an engineering college.

tl;dr they actually do sleep around all the time. They're a close-knit community that, in actuality, is mostly teens and 20somethings. What the hell do you expect?

It depends on the thickness of the suit.

Unless it's a very elaborate one, it's no different than wearing a full body sweater/jacket. It's good for Winter.

"They're good for winter" made me picture a North Face ad selling fursuits.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Nice post, Arcadia.

It depends on the thickness of the suit.

Unless it's a very elaborate one, it's no different than wearing a full body sweater/jacket. It's good for Winter.
Those cheap shitty thin suits are the worst thing ever like srsly.

Unbelievable, I wasn't the one to make this.

Oh Cheezmo you doofus I told you to do this sooner.

I've been distracted by Rabbitinthem00n's videos.

Autumn
vEePl.gif

It's interesting, you're hypothesizing that furries never get laid

NO.
For fucks sake, I clarified that I meant those that have sex with plush animals, not all furries.
Didn't mean to say that furries in general are forever alone, just the plush fuckers

Edit: I don't think I can ever post anything about furries that won't be twisted into the worst possible interpretation, huh?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I'm OK with furries.

Cheezmo, give me a hug, bro.

Damn it, i thought it said "Funny-Gaf"

I guess women wearing cat ears/ fake tails are kinda cute. Anything more than that weirds me out a bit.

rpg_poser

NO.
For fucks sake, I clarified that I meant those that have sex with plush animals, not all furries.

Edit: I don't think I can ever post anything about furries that won't be twisted into the worst possible interpretation, huh?

Actually, your posts are getting less and less vitriolic. The more time you spend here, the more you learn and accept.

Top Bottom