• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furry-GAF

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
question, is being a Furry a sexuality?

I'm sure there's a very small portion of people for whom it is. But for most (myself included) it's just a fetish or kink. For the former - they are likely people who take it (and often themselves) far too seriously. Probably those of the "lifestyle" stripe.

Of course, the above is just in regards to people who enjoy furry stuff, in part or even entirely, for sexual reasons. If we're talking about the furry fandom as a whole then you bring in the huge proportion of people who are involved in it for purely... "innocent" reasons and that percentage drops ever further.

Uchip

Banned
anthropomorphism isn't inherently sexually attractive
in fact, its often a recipe for horror

that said, some characters I wouldn't say no to

G-Fex

anthropomorphism isn't inherently sexually attractive
in fact, its often a recipe for horror

that said, some characters I wouldn't say no to

Sometimes humans are boring.

Most of the time human/human relationships are boring as hell.

now Human/anthro ? That's exciting.

Uchip

Banned
I think the reason most anthro (and anime) characters are unappealing is because they rarely have lips. You know those things on the face that are so very important!

I do like when they give them at least a lower lip though
anime weirds me out because they will draw the body super realistically and then the face will be composed of simple black lines.
How do people find that appealing?

G-Fex

I think the reason most anthro (and anime) characters are unappealing is because they rarely have lips. You know those things on the face that are so very important!

I do like when they give them at least a lower lip though
anime weirds me out because they will draw the body super realistically and then the face will be composed of simple black lines.
How do people find that appealing?

detailed faces are overrated?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
LOL, never heard it put that way
I think its fine as long as the eyes arent 90% of the face

Just look at MLP community where they post fanart.

I mean, I know the ponies have huge eyes but most of the time the eyes are drawn with a simple style. The animu style ruins it by giving them weird galaxies inside the eyes that the pupils are barely visible.

Uchip

Banned
a consistency of anatomy is nice, yes

I love cats. I wish I had a cat.

I don't know why I brought that up.

I want a cat :( My old one ran away

Indeed. Too bad im allergic to them.
Might change my avatar since everyone seems to think shes a rat and not a cat :'(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nose is too small, ears too large and thick, no whiskers, irises are tiny, no cat with that shade of fur exists except for the sphinx, which is hairless.

Of course people think she's a rat, she has no cat traits at all.

Uchip

Banned
Nose is too small, ears too large and thick, no whiskers, irises are tiny, no cat with that shade of fur exists except for the sphinx, which is hairless.

Of course people think she's a rat, she has no cat traits at all.

have you seen the full picture?
and mice have cirular ears derp
since when do anthro have whiskers? and most of them have flourescent nonsensical coloured fur so that makes no sense either.

Bridget is cuter but she's a mouse.

if you have a thing for giant heads, sure

Haly

have you seen the full picture?
No, and neither have most of GAF, so why assume that people have?
and mice have cirular ears derp
And cats have generally thin ears lined with a little fur.
since when do anthro have whiskers? and most of them have flourescent nonsensical coloured fur so that makes no sense either.
I'm listing common traits cat have. You can't really expect people who don't follow furry art to be able to identify an anthro cat from just a face shot with no obvious indicators (for example, fur patterns).

Example:
tom-and-jerry_015.jpg
She looks much closer to Jerry than to Tom.

Uchip

Banned
my biggest question to what you said, is that you mentioned a small nose
mice/rats have a huge, elongated nose

though none of this makes any sense because its quite clearly more human than anything

She looks much closer to Jerry than to Tom.

ok now you're just trippin

Haly

Her nose so small I can't tell if that pink thing is supposed to be the nose or the shadow from a human nose. Could go either way honestly, if you didn't know this was fur.

Just looking at the face alone and removing all else.

Boss Doggie

Actually Uchip's avatar made me think that he's from The Bronx trilogy (CC2's furry games like Tail Concerto and Solatorobo).

Boss Doggie

Yay, Waddledox updated his gallery with bara Fire Pokemon starers. Waiting for Water though because I prefer Samurott.

Top Bottom