• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Future Nintendo Switch Titles

I am hoping for Pikmin 4, Luigi's Mansion 3, Mother 3 (VC), and that Metroid Prime 4 will be great. Everything else is icing on the cake.

ksamedi

They have loads of options for their existing ip the coming years, but Im more interested in unique stuff. Its hard to talk about new IP because no one knows what it could be, so for existing ip id like to see a return of Wii Sports. I think it also would make sense to do a Switch version of Wiifit. The tablet form is quite casual friendly and also removes the need to be glued to the tv. They should just ditch the balance board and use the joy cons.

Some mid tier gems off the likes of Tecmo (Fatal Frame), Capcom (Ace Attorney), Konami (Goemon), Platinum Games (*insert PG game here*), Treasure (*insert Nintendo funding here*) and Square (Final Fantasy Tactics follow up, Front Mission game etc) as well as some cool Adventure games from Japanese developers (Spike Chunsoft, former Cing devs etc) would be gaming haven for me, personally. Also, Devil's Third sequel - bring it on!

This. We need it.
Well...

YW3vgFd_d.jpg

I just finished Devil's Third yesterday, booted it up just to see what it was like (got it on special) and ended up sitting there and playing through the whole thing lol.

Feels like a game that should have been a bigger deal, they do good work - I really enjoyed it, sad I didn't get to play multiplayer before it shut down which I remember hearing was the best bit!

A new F-Zero would be nice.
A new Custom Robo would also be cool.
And while this is not developed by Nintendo and is only published by them I would like to see a new Japanese Just Dance game.
Oh and a new Baten Kaitos game.

I just finished Devil's Third yesterday, booted it up just to see what it was like (got it on special) and ended up sitting there and playing through the whole thing lol.

Feels like a game that should have been a bigger deal, they do good work - I really enjoyed it, sad I didn't get to play multiplayer before it shut down which I remember hearing was the best bit!
The online mp is dead already, like shut down?

Come on Capcom, give us Zack and Wiki remastered. Throw in an extra level or 2. I'm all the way in if it has improved motion controls.

Man i was looking at the Switch games at Best Buy and found myself wishing that i could invent a time machine and jump 2 years into the future. Atleast until after the release of Metroid Prime 4. I never owned a Wii U, and, naturally, as a Switch owner, i want to play the Wii U games i missed on it.

HylianTom

Banned
Come on Capcom, give us Zack and Wiki remastered. Throw in an extra level or 2. I'm all the way in if it has improved motion controls.
This would make me beyond giddy.

I'd get flustered if news broke that they were doing this.

(and now I'm bummed.. 'cause I know it won't happen)

I don't understand how they haven't ported DKC Tropical Freeze yet! This seems like such easy free money for a wonderful game that didn't get the attention it deserved...

This would make me beyond giddy.

I'd get flustered if news broke that they were doing this.

(and now I'm bummed.. 'cause I know it won't happen)

The game would look insane remastered at 1080p. And having the motions all remapped. Early in the Switches life the game would have been a solid seller.

Why not Zak and Wiki 2? Does everything have to be old games? Give us a new game with Zak and Wiki HD.

Capcom can't even produce their own games on their own dime for bigger franchises. You think you're getting a full blown HD Zack & Wiki game after the first game bombed?

The original game holds up in HD and redoing the motion would help fix a lot of the issues. Makes more financial sense since I think the game had a lot of potential.

Kid Icarus has the potential to become a major Zelda like IP, so I hope that Nintendo realized the game was completely hamstrung by the 3DS itself in every way, and they push forward with the series. Kid Icarus fills a genre gap for Nintendo in the third person action space (a Sheik game could fill this nicely as well), and a Switch title would probably be an incredibly impressive standout title.

F-Zero should happen solely because it's what fans have been asking for. There isn't a ton of reason to pursue the franchise because of competition in the genre from Redout and FRMX as well as the complete dominance of MK as a viable racing option for anyone.

As much love as there is for Wave Race, I don't think a modern title would have a ton of appeal with titles of that type being relegated to mobile these days. 1080 is also in a somewhat similar position as room for such titles in the market has shrunk.

I'm not sure what to do with Star Fox. Break away from the 64 format at the very least. Maybe find of way of presenting the planet exploration in a limited open world format. Multiplayer dogfights are an absolute must.

KI:U and F-Zero would be enough for me to say I'm satisfied with Nintendo's output on Switch with what we already know and shoe ins. Otherwise, I'll take every HD collection and remaster possible 1st or 3rd party, ports of the fighting games released this year and last (Injustice, Tekken, MvCI) and release parity for every major fighting game that isn't console exclusive from next fall on, high quality mobile title ports. Oh, and whatever Capcom decides to send our way

Nesther

The next Animal Crossing really needs to impress to justify how long the wait has been. Next year it will have been 6 years since New Leaf without a mainline entry and I'm starting to get pretty anxious for it!

Oh man, a 6 year jump + the first HD mainline Animal Crossing. This is going to be major.

Top Bottom