• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FXAA for all PS3 and Xbox360 games

Durante

LOL that's exactly what I meant.
Ideally it would only need to be made once per game, and users could share masks online once they've made them.

So is it something you'd be interested in implementing?
Or perhaps someone else could implement it?
(I wouldn't mind trying)

It would also allow making before/after comparisons within the same frame
I'm currently mostly working on GeDoSaTo, but if you want to implement it go ahead. PtBi is on GitHub.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I'm currently mostly working on GeDoSaTo, but if you want to implement it go ahead. PtBi is on GitHub.

Perhaps I'll have a look at it :)

also: I should have been more accurate, this is what I meant of course when I said mask:

d1RSQ0g.jpg

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Yeah, that's what I meant too. You'll just have to branch out of the AA/postprocessing shader if a pixel is masked. Should be easy.

I can't promise anything as I'm fairly new to programming (I'll be learning the various OpenGL commands as I go along), but I've read through AAManager.cpp and it seems fairly straightforward.

I have a holiday coming up in about ten days so that's when I'll probably be doing the actual work.

edit: this seems like it'll be a good learning opportunity

gelf

You've created the ultimate bullshot maker ;)

This is not something I care enough about to use but I'm impressed by the effort.

oxidax

Is this program only for the intensity cards? I only read bad reviews about them.
Durante, what would you need to try to make this work with another capture card?

nynt9

Hey Durante, I have a new issue with PTBI following PSVR. If I plug the HDMI out from my PS4 directly I have no issues, but with the PSVR passthrough, I have an audio issue. I use stereo headphones, but with the PSVR passthrough it seems to act like I'm using 5.1 but missing the center channel. It makes protagonist or radio dialogue in games inaudible. Is there a fix for this?

mieumieu

FXAA (and any of these post process AA) will mess with the UI and other 2D elements so I would use it with caution. Still very nice if you dont care about that as much as I do.

nynt9

FXAA (and any of these post process AA) will mess with the UI and other 2D elements so I would use it with caution. Still very nice if you dont care about that as much as I do.

New methods added later (adaptive lanczos) actually work real well. The audio issue notwithstanding, it's an incredibly useful piece of software. My capture card software doesn't work without adding latency, so PTBI is the only way I can actually play my console games.

Durante

Sorry, no idea about what is going on in that PSVR use case :/. It must be doing something to the audio signal. I actually haven't looked at spatial audio on PtBi in a while, but I also probably won't get to it any time soon (I don't really play console games much any more, so PtBi sees very little use).

SMAA doesn't really have this issue at ultra settings, or at least it's minor.

nynt9

Sorry, no idea about what is going on in that PSVR use case :/. It must be doing something to the audio signal. I actually haven't looked at spatial audio on PtBi in a while, but I also probably won't get to it any time soon (I don't really play console games much any more, so PtBi sees very little use).

SMAA doesn't really have this issue at ultra settings, or at least it's minor.

Weirdly, choosing the audio output to be "optical out" fixed it, despite not using optical out. See this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=886244

Top Bottom