• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gabe Newell is #134 on Forbes' richest people of USA 2016 list

Ray Down

Banned
giphy.gif

Arulan

That's not that surprising when you consider how Valve is one of the most influential companies in the video game industry, and a leader in virtual reality research and development.

KHlover

Banned
With him being worth that much, just imagine how much money Steam as a company has. Privately owned, with no investors to answer to. They could literally stop working and wouldn't EVER run out of money.

Evil tongues might say that's EXACTLY what they did :p

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol how this guy gets a free pass of not releasing games and Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft get criticized to hell and back everytime they either delay/cancel a game is beyond me.

PC gamers are too easy on him.

Gilbals

Banned
lol how this guy gets a free pass of not releasing games and Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft get criticized to hell and back everytime they either delay/cancel a game is beyond me.

What? Sorry...I was too busy playing everything.

Luxorek

Good for Gaben.

It's insane how Zuckerberg has 55 billion dollar in his pocket. Dude started Facebook little more than 10 years ago, he is barely over 30.

KHlover

Banned

You know, as someone who's not that big of a single player shooter fan I couldn't care less about Half-Life 3. I certainly DO care about how far we've progressed from the disgustingly invasive DRM practices in the mid '00s thanks to steam. Steam reinvigorated the PC gaming market and I'd sacrifice a thousand Half-Life 3 for that.

Tom_Cody

Lot's of people in here talking about Steam, but isn't his money overwhelmingly from being an early Microsoft employee/stockholder?

Top Bottom