• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF halo2 clan preperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

Anyone know if we get to select what color to be in CTF games and the like or is it always Blue VS. Red?

I want to be white damnit!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wellington said:
So what's the word soldiers, who is getting this on day one and will be ready and willing to go the night of November 8th? I'll be there.

I am getting it at midnight, then rushing home to pop in the game.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ramirez said:
Anyone know if we get to select what color to be in CTF games and the like or is it always Blue VS. Red?

I want to be white damnit!

pretty sure you can select team color, yes.

IJoel

I won't be playing right away on Nov. 9th. My fear is that I'll go online and some imbecile spews out the plot of the game. I'll play through the campaign once and then head online.

MrparisSM

Banned
Hey guys, My Gamer Tag is: ParisOwnzYou

Add me to the Halo 2 Clan please. :D

And I'm skipping work that day so I'll be able to play from midnight on...

suaveric

Will we be able to play games against each other inside the clan? I too fear of spoilers, especially since an asshat in my speech class already ruined something for me, but I would feel safe playing with GAF guys that first night.

I don't have a gamer tag yet, I'm going to be setting one up Monday afternoon.

Malakhov

Banned
IT'S COMING OUT SOON!

Man will this be fun on xbox live. I'm gonna go right in after finishing the single player mode.

Hey everyone, I'm starting to add names to my friends list to later add to the clan whenever it gets made, so if you get a friend invite from gamertag: Sicher, its me.

Edit: That went significantly faster than I expected. Everyone who was on the list should have a friend invite from me now.

AeroGod

Gamertag: AeroGod

I will probably get in on this, depending on how laggy the game is for me. My broadband is shitty.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
as long as there is still room, StoOgE wouldnt mind being in the GAF clan.

Gamertag: StoOgE

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Seriously, I'm up for some hot Halo 2 multiplayer action on day 1. I'm going to need all the practice I can get though since I haven't touched the first one in over a year and PC FPS play a bit differently so that doesn't help.

Can I invite a few friends of mine (2 or 3) to join the clan even if they aren't part of GA? Of course only if there's free space available and no one minds.

Espio

I'm in. My gamertag is currently Espio but I might have to change it to Espio1 as live is asking for the first numbers of my credit card and I think the card I used for live is long gone.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Hi, I'm not going to be joing the GAF Halo 2 clan because I'm pretty new here and dont really know anyone, also I have already promised myself to another message boards Halo 2 clan (TNL, the-nextlevel.com). I was just wondering if, once we're all competent with map layout and weapons and controls and whatnot if any of you would like to have some friendly competition between message boards ( we could get other boards involved too, if you think that's savvy ). For all the people in the TNL clan that want to have clan matches, I think it'd be cooler to play some other message board's clan with members between the ages of 17 and 30, then some random 13 year old asshats on Live. Whoever wins most often gets bragging rights and gets to banish a troll from their forums to the others. :D

AeroGod

I sent most of you friend invites this morning, I also picked up a headset with Crimson Skies . WTf have I been missing it rocks. It runs really well too. I hope Halo 2 is just like this, it will be freaking awesome.

Joe

doesnt look like i'll be in the GA clan unless i get a 3rd gamertag but i doubt i'll do that. doesnt mean i still cant pwn you bitches! :D

op_ivy

Burger said:
If there are more than 2 teams, yes. If two teams, you have a choice of red, and.... blue.

i'm positive thats not true. at least for certain gametypes (1 flag ctf for example). i heard about a match with red vs green. thats what i heard anyways ;)

LukeSmith

I have the retail version if you guys have clan prep questions.
PM me or ask here, I'll check today while I work. I set up my clan last night. It was really easy.

Scoot: What options are there when you set up a clan? Like do you get to choose an emblem and colors and description and name or what? Can these things be changed after the clan is created? Do you know how the ranking system for clans works? Do only clan matches count or does it count all the games all the members of the clan play? If it is possible screenshots of the clan menus would rock hardcore.

Thanks a zillion million billion!

Edit: Thought of some other random stuff. What powers do each of the individual membership levels allow? How do clans show up as part of a person's online identity? Like do they show up even if I'm playing a FFA game with random people?

LukeSmith

Mr. Lemming said:
Scoot: What options are there when you set up a clan? Like do you get to choose an emblem and colors and description and name or what? Can these things be changed after the clan is created? Do you know how the ranking system for clans works? Do only clan matches count or does it count all the games all the members of the clan play? If it is possible screenshots of the clan menus would rock hardcore.

Thanks a zillion million billion!

Edit: Thought of some other random stuff. What powers do each of the individual membership levels allow? How do clans show up as part of a person's online identity? Like do they show up even if I'm playing a FFA game with random people?

When you set up your clan there aren't any options that I've seen to customize your clan armor, all of the armor customization is done in settings. I know, I expected to be able to create a uniform, and perhaps you can, but I haven't seen it yet. Ranking system I'm not sure.
The individual stat tracking is great.

It records stuff like Who you killed and how many times, who killed you and how many times, how many kills, assists and deaths you have and there's an awards system. Also shows your average "inning" and your longest spree.

Overlord is the top, and I fedex'd one of my guys a copy of the game this morning, so tomorrow we'll be in the clan together. No one else has really been playing online, I waited around for awhile to join a game last night, but imagine that, no one was on :) Some GAFers with the game should meet up later tonight (if they can be pried away from the single player)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Bastards, I want to play :p

Just got my Gamestop to switch my regular edition preorder to collector's edition. I'll be playing it all day on November 9th. Not gonna wait at midnight to pick it up though...I'm not that insane

Scoot said:
When you set up your clan there aren't any options that I've seen to customize your clan armor, all of the armor customization is done in settings. I know, I expected to be able to create a uniform, and perhaps you can, but I haven't seen it yet. Ranking system I'm not sure.
The individual stat tracking is great.

It records stuff like Who you killed and how many times, who killed you and how many times, how many kills, assists and deaths you have and there's an awards system. Also shows your average "inning" and your longest spree.

Overlord is the top, and I fedex'd one of my guys a copy of the game this morning, so tomorrow we'll be in the clan together. No one else has really been playing online, I waited around for awhile to join a game last night, but imagine that, no one was on :) Some GAFers with the game should meet up later tonight (if they can be pried away from the single player)

So pretty much a clan is just a name and member list? Also when you say "all of the armor customization is done in settings" do you mean clan settings or the player profiles?

Thanks again.

LukeSmith

Mr. Lemming said:
So pretty much a clan is just a name and member list? Also when you say "all of the armor customization is done in settings" do you mean clan settings or the player profiles?

Thanks again.

The armor customization is done in a settings menu which is offline on the mainscreen.
That is, Campaign/Xboxlive/et cetera. You go into settings and create a profile and from their you customize your profile controller settings, appearance, skin, et cetera. Then, when you log onto XBL that logo you have and the color scheme appears on XBL. I haven't seen like creating a clan outfit for say |GAF| -- as is, I'd expect the colors to just default ot the two colors on the game, whether or not hte logo stays, I won't know till tonight after I finish working at the 'mag when Sai and I play and run around.

I spent admittedly little time with XBL last night, mainly because I wanted to make some headway in the single player and the whole no one being on thing.

It's pretty much a clan and name list. It shows TJ Scoot -- Overlord under the ClanName which is across the top of the screen. God I wish I could just take screenies for you guys. I'll be home around ten, again the only map I've walked around is one called Coagulation. Tonight I plan on spending more time on XBL, but I need to beat the single player for the review.

I'll check back when I get home, yo. If anyone has it, my tag= TJ Scoot and we can play tonight and just run around the boards and stuff.

From poking around on the bungie.net stats page it looks like the clan ranking depends on arranged clan matches only, and is not affected by individual members playing in non-clan games. I am guessing this based on the fact there are two leaderboards for clans, one titled Minor Clan Match, the other Major Clan Match.

This is good because we can play competitively and still have a large member roll and not have to kick people out for not performing. God knows my ass would be first on the line :)

Scoot: You rock for answering questions. Sorry I don't have anything really specific to ask and am basically being "Tell me as much as you can OMG WTF!?!?!?"

op_ivy

so about the GA clan...

anyone know what the total people who are interested in it are at?

if there is space, could we invite friends that arent a part of GAF? being that we can only be in 1 clan, i want to make sure i'm in one with my real life friends if possible...

op_ivy said:
so about the GA clan...

anyone know what the total people who are interested in it are at?

if there is space, could we invite friends that arent a part of GAF? being that we can only be in 1 clan, i want to make sure i'm in one with my real life friends if possible...

Op: The current total is 66, I've been trying to keep it fairly up to date on the first page of this thread.

op_ivy

Mr. Lemming said:
Op: The current total is 66, I've been trying to keep it fairly up to date on the first page of this thread.

wow, thats an awefull lot of people... ah hell, i can still play regular matches with my friends :D

and any mod/admis, can INDIGO come back? i want him in the clan, but its dumb if he cant contribute at the board

SyNapSe

I hope the clan doesn't get "full" or anything. I've been waiting till the last minute to resign up for Live. My last subscription ended because I lost the CC and couldn't remember the # to pay again. I've got a live kit at home I've just been sitting on it.

Synapse, post what you think your Live gamertag will be and I'll add you. Just tell me via PM or whatever what you end up picking.

LukeSmith

Also, to talk to your team you can press either the white button, or UP on the dpad. I think I prefer up on the d-pad. You don't have to hold either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom