• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
one thing I just learned about myself.. I really like Project Pat.. Way more than everyone else in the click..

CRS

That's how the internet has been working for years. Seriously though, two things:

Do find it funny that "lol" can be used to disagree with someone.

And two, y'all are still out of your god damn minds. Art of War is not a bad album.

Blackace

That's how the internet has been working for years. Seriously though, two things:

Do find it funny that "lol" can be used to disagree with someone.

And two, y'all are still out of your god damn minds. Art of War is not a bad album.

it is.. its hard to say it is anything but it.. Yeah I understand that after CotCU and Est1999 its hard to follow... But IMO the album is meh to bad... Some people rate it good... But I can't

CRS

it is.. its hard to say it is anything but it.. Yeah I understand that after CotCU and Est1999 its hard to follow... But IMO the album is meh to bad... Some people rate it good... But I can't
Yeah. Granted my posts should be taken with a grain gram of salt whenever Bone is involved. Usually.

To the people who have listened to Bone's "Faces of Death", how does it compare to any of 3-6 material? Are there any similarities or is Creepin' On Ah Come Up/E. 1999 the closest thing to 3-6?

IrishNinja

It's not good imo. Not horrible but meh

i know i stan a bit here, but i think that's the description more fitting for say iron flag.

sup GAF-Hop, that new soul creator dropped yesterday (lol) on my birthday:

Life and Times of Jason Alexander (30 year old remix) #infanttooldmangarbage

oh, and in the last minute of the song,
I do it

this artist has yet to let me down, copping

So I made this for a class and I thought I'd share it here because I'm sure some of you guys would appreciate it somewhat. It's 30 seconds from Method Man by Wu-Tang.... first time I really used After Effects extensively so it was kinda rewarding to finish it

http://vimeo.com/37510916

bumping cause your post got swept up in bone-talk and i didnt see any reactions to it, will try later.

ok!!!

A little Three 6 taste from ACE

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25021028/36m.mp3

you know, i wanted to vote (hard) for a nate mix, and still want that, but i like that your mixes tend to introduce me to more work with dudes i havent really listened to much outside of parties or something. copping.

"lol" that Art of War sucked. Y'all are out of your god damn minds.

haha, i was waiting on this! sup CRS.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Complex WZRD Mega-story

great shit in here.

20120227-WZRDCOMPLEX.jpg

I haven't given WZRD a listen yet (can barely remember those singles that floated around for a bit), but after reading the interview I'm a bit excited to finally sit down and give it a listen.

It's good to hear Mescudi is in a good place, as much as we like to joke here (or not joke) about him starting to smoke again or do blow again it's always good to see a man actually take charge of shit and not fall back into old habits, but push past them and create something positive for himself and hopefully for the fans that end up understanding what he wanted to achieve with it.

He's at least doing something honest with his time and as a musician it's great to see that passion projects can still get the green light by a label and actually let the artist do his shit versus them hiring on producers and suits to make sure it fits into the right hole. I'll take a dozen honest projects over most of the bullshit floating around nowadays and there is more bullshit than work that feels like someone wrote it because they felt it, versus a bunch of dudes sitting around a table trying to figure out how to sell their product.

Blackace

you know, i wanted to vote (hard) for a nate mix, and still want that, but i like that your mixes tend to introduce me to more work with dudes i havent really listened to much outside of parties or something. copping.

I will get you a Nate mix.. But I wanted to branch out some it's good for me because I find old gems that I can bang out if I get an odd spin time...

RJT

May I suggest a Native Tongues mix, Ace? A little more laid back than your usual style, but it would be awesome.

BTW, thank you again for your amazing mixes. I know how much work that gives you, and yet you never get mad at people requesting stuff (feel free to do that with me). Best mod ever!

Esch

Banned
haha this shit's funny.
and sick mix ace! good song choices

I'm a current memphis resident and the proof is in the pie son, people here like stoopid rap; what's hot in the streets is shit like Future, Gotti, Gucci, 2 chainz. That multisyllable rappity rap shit is not what the people love or care about it. The midwest lives and breathes on that shit.

fact.

Recon

Banned
I'm a current memphis resident and the proof is in the pie son, people here like stoopid rap; what's hot in the streets is shit like Future, Gotti, Gucci, 2 chainz. That multisyllable rappity rap shit is not what the people love or care about it. The midwest lives and breathes on that shit.

fact.

TWOOOO CHAAAAAINNNNZZZ

Esch

Banned
Speaking of Memphis, the memphis in may lineup just dropped

I'm going to go see:

Big KRIT
Girl Talk
Three Six
Megadeth
Anthony Hamilton
Lupe
Gotti

Detox

Diddy wins that fucking mumbling and shit has ruined B.I.G's albums for me ever since a gaffer pointed it out it's all I hear.

Esch

Banned
GAFHOP4:Last week at that Das EFX concert I riggity realized that I liggity love you

fits.

dooo ittttt

XXL proves they fucking suck at picking freshmen again

kamspy

To the people who have listened to Bone's "Faces of Death", how does it compare to any of 3-6 material? Are there any similarities or is Creepin' On Ah Come Up/E. 1999 the closest thing to 3-6?

Neither really. It's not very good. It's night and day different from Creepin' and any 3-6.

kamspy

Maybe they hard the final list and bailed. Would you really wanna be sandwiched with Hospin and French Montana? I wouldn't.

Plus there would be the urge to break Machine Gun Kelly down in the parking lot afterward.

Dude is like a 7 course meal in sneakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom