• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, gives LOVE Cole. Shit is crazy. Crooked Smile gonna have all the struggle girls of the country (overweight, pizza face, unibrow, etc) feeling like the king of the world. 'Scustin

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I went to three different stores. (BB, FS, HMV), this was the case in BB and FS. HMV sold out of the deluxe only. Went home with only Ye, gonna cop Cole when they restock on Deluxe. Regular artwork was tempting though.

iyUTI4oNfJoB6.JPG

Tokubetsu

I went to three different stores. (BB, FS, HMV), this was the case in BB and FS. HMV sold out of the deluxe only. Went home with only Ye, gonna cop Cole when they restock on Deluxe. Regular artwork was tempting though.

Shoulda done the right thing and bought #WMWTSO. The best album released today. The best cd art released today as well.

Dereck

I need to go do this myself bruh bruh.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why is this Deniro Farrar album so godlike?

This is my first introduction to him. Gonna have to go back and catch what I missed.

Lush and mellow.

Tokubetsu

Why is this Deniro Farrar album so godlike?

This is my first introduction to him. Gonna have to go back and catch what I missed.

Lush and mellow.

That's Deniro's thing man. It's basically cloud rap filitered through a better rapper and even floatier beats.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Should have known that whoopi had something to do with the black power shit. Even if I don't fuck with the song like that, it's better than every single thing he's done, bar the verse with Ross, since he lost his mind.

I couldn't understand writing better songs for someone else than myself.

Lmfao

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yeezus lyrics aren't much worse than 808s and grad. In fact I'd put them on par. Sonically the album is miles ahead of them though almost ahead of dark fantasy which is why I rank it so high

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mac will drop down to $3.99 tomorrow, I ain't even tripping, ill cop when it's on sale. Dope album, but y'all overrating it hard. Can't even figure which is better between Cole and Miller. Cole's album has higher highs, Miller's is more cohesive but both are approaching etch a sketch rap for me. I get that feeling from a lot of albums but now I finally have a way to verbalize it. Millers album has NO standouts and the Jay Electronica verse was underwhelming. They both have a lot going for them and a lot against them.

And lol the album art for Miller is C tier. Cole on S status. The deciding factor.

EDIT: Well there's one part of the Jay Electronica verse that has a dope flow but the rest is pretty meh.

Yeezus lyrics aren't much worse than 808s and grad. In fact I'd put them on par. Sonically the album is miles ahead of them though almost ahead of dark fantasy which is why I rank it so high

I don't know if you are taking shots are 808s or not, but that album has his best lyrics/songwriting.

Also S1 is a great great producer. I wouldn't mind that at all.

I don't use simple as a reason to mark lyrics good or bad. Just like how I don't use overly complex multi syllable to determine that either. I think that's silly cause some of the greatest albums I've found to have simple lyrics in it

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I don't use simple as a reason to mark lyrics good or bad. Just like how I don't use overly complex multi syllable to determine that either. I think that's silly cause some of the greatest albums I've found to have simple lyrics in it
Who said they were bad?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Songwriting is probably the best on 808s, but the peak of Ye's technical lyrical ability is MBDTF. Maybe some cuts off of WTT, but I'd have to go back and check that. New Day and Why I Love You are probably up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom