• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

This might be the best article ever.

Feature: 5 Reasons We Think Kid Cudi Should Be In "Star Wars: Episode VII"

The intro

The Man on the Moon has taken hip-hop to his own galaxy far, far away with this year's alternative rap roller coaster Indicud. It's Cudi's best work to date, and it also showcases has intergalactic talents as an MC, singer, lyricist, and producer. It's a milestone for 21st century music, period. At the same time, he's also gearing up to star in next year's Need for Speed alongside Breaking Bad (TV Series)'s Aaron Paul. It's bound to be one of 2014's biggest and best action flicks. However, at ARTISTdirect.com, we think Cudi should be cast in Star Wars: Episode VII, and here's why…

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Irish dont let these hating ass hoes affect you.

ps Free Esch

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The more I listen to it, the more Acid Rap creeps up my list of faves for the year. He's definitely something special, even if he occasionally grates. Really it's only that bad on Na Na Na, otherwise his flow is great. Lost and Favorite Song (minus Gambino) are some dank shit. It's a very fresh, well rounded album.

chance the rapper is scust-tier with the voice. that tape would be good if it was somebody else.

also this danny brown album. hires hanging onto the hope and positivity by assuring us that half the album is this trap stuff and the other half is glorious stuff like side a.

that still means half the album will be wack and annoying, but at least the other half will be god-tier.

brown's feature verse on e-40 all my niggas has crept up into top 3.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Eh, I strongly disagree with that. Chance's flow is the best thing in his tracks that work. He just needs to not push it to that point it gets sloppy and annoying. With a little refinement he'll have one of the best flows in the game right now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Anyways, how much have we discussed BOATS 2? It's a solid album but I don't really see any hits on it outside of Fed's Watchin, which is already old news. Nothing on it will live up to I'm Diffrent. Seems like it's selling noticeably less than 1.

Anyways, how much have we discussed BOATS 2? It's a solid album but I don't really see any hits on it outside of Fed's Watchin, which is already old news. Nothing on it will live up to I'm Diffrent. Seems like it's selling noticeably less than 1.

there's good variety in the production but yeah i don't see anything in here that can hit it as big as no lie or i'm different.

juicy j stay trippy is the best major label ratchet album so far. it's got the grimy stuff like gun plus a mask and also the songs that should be hits like scholarship. also i dunno why he didn't push that justin timberlake song to radio immediately. it would have been huge.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I don't think Ghosts Supreme Clientele deserves to be top 20.
Wu Forever should take its place.

Edit: wait what!!!!! Supreme Clientele is up, but not Ironman?

That's not right. Ironman is a top 3 wu album.

PBY

Banned
there's good variety in the production but yeah i don't see anything in here that can hit it as big as no lie or i'm different.

juicy j stay trippy is the best major label ratchet album so far. it's got the grimy stuff like gun plus a mask and also the songs that should be hits like scholarship. also i dunno why he didn't push that justin timberlake song to radio immediately. it would have been huge.

No. Way.

I do it is the song of the year. Then you have employee of the month which is a fucking JAM.

DominoKid

rap promo seems to be in an odd place right now (especially over at Def Jam). it feels like folks are missing really obvious home runs.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I actually prefer Section 80 over GKMC, please dont hate me. At this point I am liking Drakes new album more then GKMC, and that is just weird to say honestly.
Nah, section 80 still feels like Mixtape shit to me. Been listening to it for the first time lately and,GKMC shows mad growth for King Kendrick. Not too many songs are that great on section 80.

njean777

Nah, section 80 still feels like Mixtape shit to me. Been listening to it for the first time lately and,GKMC shows mad growth for King Kendrick. Not too many songs are that great on section 80.

I disagree, GKMC is great lyrically, but the beats are just not as good as Section 80 imo. Beats and lyrics are great on Section 80. Lyrics are great on GKMC, but the production isn't as great to me. Money Trees, Drank, and Madd city are the only beats I enjoy on GKMC. Not even the Dre tracks are great to me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Livin was my favorite track on BOATS 2 but after a few listens I realized it's basically different without the memorable verse and chorus.

Irish makes that knock off OT...

Uml57vb.gif

Esch is watching from behind bars like

iYdTv.gif

CRS

I actually prefer Section 80 over GKMC, please dont hate me. At this point I am liking Drakes new album more then GKMC, and that is just weird to say honestly.
There's people who feel the same why about S.80 and GKMC. It's a good album but I don't put it on this pedestal that so many others seem to do. It's the impact that is clouding people's judgement and that makes them upgrade a good album to an amazing album. And it's also easy to root for Kendrick and hope that he continues to do well; so much that people think everything he spits is the best there is (I.e. Control).

CRS

That tour is not going to be the best. It won't even beat WTT's tour.

What is Kendrick going to do? Play Q's Yawk ad lib for an hour?

IrishNinja

I hereby dub this thread The Yeezus & King Kendrick Tour |OT|.

not even gonna look up ticket prices out here, i aint got $100 for it but im jelly

Also, Irish, how you not gon put a 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors reference in the title?

thought about it, but only des & a few were even ready for that sega-love. it'dve just been you & me on that one dun

I thought Section 80 was boring as fuck

for real ace? i forget, what was your take on GKMC overall? past the whole "NEW WEST" hype shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom