• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitters

I know everyone hates "Drunk and Hot Girls", which is understandable, but I like when he says "Aaa aaa aa aa aa, that's how the fuck you sound". It makes me laugh.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Through The Wire was his first single wasnt it?

Yeah, Jesus Walks was like his 3rd or 4th single.

Jesus Walks, IIRC, was his first stab at a major recording. It definitely was recordeded before his accident with Rhymefest. I still have the original version on a Memorex I burned

Esch

Banned
Cudder just dropped a nostalgia bomb on me with the Goodie Mob play
ahh.png

overcast

What is the Gaf-hop opinion on Murs anyway? To me he's solid, but I haven't been interested in listening to him in a few years.

Kwixotik

CD: Through the Wire, Spaceship
LR: Drive Slow, Late
Graduation: Flashing Lights, Good Morning
808s: still haven't listened to it lol
MBDTF: Gorgeous
WTT: No Church in the Wild, Niggas in Paris, Who Gon Stop Me

I listen to Who Gon Stop Me every time I walk from my dorm to a test lol. I'm not gonna rank those songs though, they're just some of my favorites from Ye.

Ovid

Wait a second...so I just saw the replies to my post about Big Sean a couple of days ago. You guys don't like him?

CD: All Falls Down, Jesus Walks, School Spirit, Through the Wire, Family Business, Last Call
LR: Roses, Diamonds from Sierra Leone (remix), Gone, Late
Graduation: Good Morning, Flashing Lights, Everything I Am, Bittersweet Poetry (it grew on me for some reason)
808s: Amazing, Welcome to Heartbreak ("chased the good life my whole life long, look back on my life and my life gone" is one of my favourite Kanye lines ever)
MBDTF: Gorgeous, Monster, Devil in a New Dress, Runaway
WTT: NiP, New Day, Illest Motherfucker Alive
Cruel Summer: New God Flow, Mercy, To the World (fuck what you heard)

Like Kwixotix's post, these aren't in any particular order, just some of my favourite Ye songs.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Big Sean is one of my least favorite rappers lol. He ruins songs for me a lot of times.

Edit: I really think Kanye should utilize CyHi more.

CyHi feels the same.

CD: Spaceship, Never Let Me Down, Two Words, All Falls Down, Through The Wire, Family Business
LR: Hey Mama, Roses, My Way Home, Touch The Sky, Drive Slow
Graduation: Flashing Lights, Can't Tell Me Nothing, Champion, Good Life
808s: Love Lockdown, Heartless, Street Lights, RoboCop, Coldest Winter
MBDTF: Devil In A New Dress, Lost In The World, Runaway, Hell Of A Life, Power, Gorgeous
WTT: The Joy, The Joy, The Joy, H•A•M, Illest Motherfucker Alive, Ni**as In Paris
Cruel Summer: Mercy, New God Flow

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
CyHi feels the same.
CyHi could have potential if he didn't have a terrible image and a lack of character. Dude has a lot of skill, perhaps that's pretty much it but it says something when you body Rae, Pusha and Common all on the same track.

I guess it says more when your career is still going nowhere afterwards.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
CyHi could have potential if he didn't have a terrible image and a lack of character. Dude has a lot of skill, perhaps that's pretty much it but it says something when you body Rae, Pusha and Common all on the same track.

I guess it says more when your career is still going nowhere afterwards.

You'd think being around the people he's just around would rub off a bit of style, but no. Does the GOOD family even invite him to shit anymore? Is he just sittin' at home right now with the phone next to him hoping for a Yeezy call while he posts CyHi threads on KTT?

AG isnt a classic(not high enough highs, some bullshit tracks), but i do like it tho. It's like kampsy or des said, AG gets too much love, Vol 1. doesnt get enough.
How dare you speak about your father like that. Anyway im going to see that on Monday cause its the RZA and all.

AG gets no love yo. I wasnt on here when it dropped but all my friends werent really into it. Never seen it get much love anywhere else.

My favorite Ye song is still Flashing Lights. It just has always felt like a nice blend of his best points to me. Grand and epic sounding, yet not bogged down and muddied with too many production elements, simple verse and hook, GOAT sample flipping. And it has a great great video.

Not sure if your being sarcastic but i agree fully, its a great fucking song.

mooooose

he looks like 2chainz without it

also my songs of the year

love sosa
3hunna
there he go
hands on the wheel
terrorist threats
hold me back
mercy
birthday song

i have good taste in music

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Every time I try to make a top x of Kanye songs the list grows out of control but in no particular order:

TCD: Never Let Me Down, Family Business, Through The Wire
LR: Heard 'Em Say, Diamonds from Sierra Leone, Drive Slow
Grad: Champion, Everything I Am, Can't Tell Me Nothing
808s: Amazing, Welcome To Heartbreak
MBDTF: Dark Fantasy, Gorgeous, Power, Blame Game
WTT: New Day, N****s In Paris, Illest Motherfucker Alive
CS: To The World, New God Flow

I also had this weird obsession with The Glory when Graduation dropped. It was literally all I listened to, over and over and over. Burnt that song out and now I can't listen to it anymore even though I think it's a good song.

Every time I try to make a top x of Kanye songs the list grows out of control but in no particular order:

TCD: Never Let Me Down, Family Business, Through The Wire
LR: Heard 'Em Say, Diamonds from Sierra Leone, Drive Slow
Grad: Champion, Everything I Am, Can't Tell Me Nothing
808s: Amazing, Welcome To Heartbreak
MBDTF: Dark Fantasy, Gorgeous, Power, Blame Game
WTT: New Day, Niggas In Paris, Illest Motherfucker Alive
CS: To The World, New God Flow

I also had this weird obsession with The Glory when Graduation dropped. It was literally all I listened to, over and over and over. Burnt that song out and now I can't listen to it anymore even though I think it's a good song.

Man i played the shit out of The Glory too. Something bout that beat. Pretty much agree with everything else on tha list. For WTT id throw No Church on too. New Day is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom