• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF I almost died tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

soepje

Oh wait, you won´t die OP, just injured.
Work Environment
Working in a correctional institution can be stressful and hazardous. Every year, correctional officers are injured in confrontations with inmates. Correctional officers have one of the highest rates of nonfatal on-the-job injuries.
http://www.bls.gov/ooh/protective-service/correctional-officers.htm
Injuries
Correctional officers have a higher rate of injury and illness than the national average. They may face physical injury when conflicts with inmates occur. They may also be exposed to contagious diseases at work, although precautions are taken to avoid this possibility. The job demands that officers be alert and ready to react throughout their entire shift. The work can be stressful, and some officers experience anxiety.
http://www.bls.gov/ooh/protective-service/correctional-officers.htm#tab-3

Better train those vocal cords.

I still wish you luck though :).

NoRéN

Yeah we'll I just came in from stopping some tagger, making a citizens arrest, tackling him down, telling his friends to back off as I called the cops. One pulled a knife but luckily I had a pocket knife as well. Had to do this till the cops showed up.

Just breathe and calm down motherfucker.

paile

Banned
I thought this thread had been bumped because the O.P ended up dying in an elevator accident after all. I came to offer my condolences.

NoRéN;51657465 said:
Yeah we'll I just came in from stopping some tagger, making a citizens arrest, tackling him down, telling his friends to back off as I called the cops. One pulled a knife but luckily I had a pocket knife as well. Had to do this till the cops showed up.

Just breathe and calm down motherfucker.
Dude you risked your life over someone doing graffiti?

I dont think i'm a scary guy, but eh i dunno, i probably just called the police.

My father was a building superintendent years ago for the slum lord of New York City (P Morris) one of his buildings (6 floors tall) in Brooklyn was built in the 1900s and the elevators are rarely ever serviced.. Tenants and i dealt with the elevators shaking violently mid ride, when it stopped a huge bang would come with it, stopping mid floor and weirdly it went inches past the 6th floor and that was the good elevator that was in service lol you should come take a ride

Risible

I almost died two weeks ago on springbreak. Was seconds away from drowning because I got caught out in a rip current and lost my surfboard. The waves kept hitting me and I couldn't touch the bottom, I couldn't breathe, my whole body was aching, my lungs burning my arms and legs giving out. Luckily out of nowhere my friend was behind me with my board and threw me on top of it. Swung me around and got me back to shore, where I proceeded to throw up and barely be able to stand. My heart beat fast and I couldn't breathe normally for like 30 minutes.

It was terrible.

I'm glad you didn't die though op.

Whoa, that was almost as bad as the OP's near death experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom