• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Madden 2005 Season 2 Online League: Because Halo 2 can't last forever!

i dont know how many people will be interested still, but we're going to have a league no matter what anyways so lets get some names up here. these are the players i know 100% for sure will play in season 2, if you want in just post here and ill add you. keep in mind we dont want deadbeats. if you cant get a game in within any 3 day period, you may not want to join the league and ruin it for someone else. i can't assign wins, if a game isn't played it ends in a tie, even if one person was clearly able to play and the other wasn't.

1. fmt
2. dm
3. fifty
4. ramirez
5. ck
6. dskillz
7. matrix
8. mrbob
9. gunstar
10. DJ demon

i will add names as you guys confirm you are still interested (so dont be offended)

Fifty

Good stuff. This league will be just as great as the current one, probably better because everyone knows what they're getting into.

I was thinking about the team selection for season 2, and it should probably go in order of win-loss record. The team with the worst record gets the first pick, and so on....with the winning team having the option to repeat as his team.

Fifty

Another idea we've been considering even before season 1 started was player stat tracking. That means that after the game, ideally both players (Personally I think one would suffice if we're all trustworthy, but it's shaky ground for sure to trust one person's word only) would check the stats and take note of certain stats. It's a shame it doesn't have this feature to begin with, but we could make the most of our situation if people wanted to do this.

we wouldn't need to full player stat tracking...just the RB (carries, yards, TDs...) QB (attempts, completions, TDs, yards) WR/TE (catches TDs, yards) and list the INTs and/or sacks for defensive guys, maybe record the leading tackler...Not sure. Anyway, it's something we've been talking about for a while, and now we can seriously consider it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Of course I'm down.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Just im me on aim when you're ready and we can get it on.....must win game for me :D

yeah gun, it'd be awesome to have you join. i can handle most any schedule. the only stipulation is that you could get any given game done in any given 3 day period. if you can do that i'm fine with it, but then again i dont know everyone elses schedule

Fifty

Well it helps that you're on the west coast. Anyway, I have one of the more flexible schedules, yet I don't want to get a tie because I have to get up early in the morning and can't stay up till 1 am. I'm pretty sure some of the other people would have a problem with playing all of their games (against Gunstar) that late. I hope there's a way it can work out, but I can say for myself that I wouldn't like the added pressure...it's tough enough getting all 16 in during the three day periods.

Slo

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm leaning against being part of season two. Don't get me wrong, I'm having a ton of fun and I think my level of play is starting to be a bit more competent, I just don't have enough hours in my days. I'm working about 60 hours a week, and my wife has been having some pretty serious health issues so I've been watching the kids from the time I get home from work until the time they go to bed. Trying to find a free hour in my schedule every 3 days that works with your guy's schedules has been sort of.....difficult. :)

If you need an extra guy to even the divisions, I'm sure I can make it work (and have some fun doing it!). Otherwise why don't we just have Gunstar act as my replacement.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Fifty said:
Well it helps that you're on the west coast. Anyway, I have one of the more flexible schedules, yet I don't want to get a tie because I have to get up early in the morning and can't stay up till 1 am. I'm pretty sure some of the other people would have a problem with playing all of their games (against Gunstar) that late. I hope there's a way it can work out, but I can say for myself that I wouldn't like the added pressure...it's tough enough getting all 16 in during the three day periods.

I am on the East Coast, so 1 AM EST is only 10 PM PST which isn't too bad. Also I have been getting done earlier lately as well, usually round 12 AM EST.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
Latest I'll be able to play on weekdays is 10 EST,and I really don't even like fooling with it that late.

Yeah latest I can start a game is maybe 11 EST. It was fine with ESPN because we could wait until the weekend, but now with a more rigid schedule it'd be tougher.

Fifty

Yeah, you two were who I was thinking about when I said that ......plus Slo probably if he joined. I'm on the east coast, most of us are...except for FMT and DM (Sorry if I'm forgetting you) Drey still hasn't said anything..

Matrix

Ramirez said:
Nevermind,count me out,I've completely lost my tocuh with this game,it isn't even fun anymore,just miserable.

WTF this isnt espn :(

Fifty

Ramirez said:
Nevermind,count me out,I've completely lost my tocuh with this game,it isn't even fun anymore,just miserable.

I could have said that when you creamed me, and everyone else going 9-0 (or was it 10-0?)

If you think it's because you're playing less....that's probably not the case, since I think everyone is playing less. You're still in first place.

Matrix

Really you were 11-0 and now you hate the game cause you lost a few..odd.

Ramirez

Again,it has nothing to do with me losing.I'm just doing stuff now that I never did in previous games,its like I forgot how to play the game.

What's the big deal though?I don't wanna play in Season 2,I'm a lock in the playoffs in season 1,so why would this be about me losing?I've just had my fill of all football games this year.

I'll play if you guys don't have enough or whatever,but other than that,I'd rather just pass.

Matrix

You...will.....playyyyy....ramirez...and..you....will....do....real.....bad.....in...season 2....

*jedi mind trick*

Matrix

:(

Fighting is fun...its like a sport! You need it every now and then to make these games feel REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :D

Fifty

Hmmm

So we lost Drey, HG, Maverick...Ramirez and gained DJ and Gunstar (I think he's a good player, but we're going to have problems with that schedule....Unless we can schedule his games against only people who know that they'll be able to stay up late that night.)

Matrix

I usually stay up late at night and since Im on the east coast,I mean its annoying but its not a huge huge problem for me.

I have more issues with having to face the Eagles than actually having to stay up late to play Gunstar :p

the gunstar "problem" isn't going to be a problem. the fact that i can put certain people in certain conferences and divisions will help that out a lot. im going to find out who can and cant play when. odds are gunstar will probably be in a division with me and matrix, or some combo of people that play late and are generally available "whenever". relax dudes, scheduling wont be a problem.

DMczaf

FMT, when are you creating the league? Season 1 only has 3 days left in the regular season, might as well make Season 2 now because by the time everyone signs up Season 1 will be over.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Can we wait until Monday to make the new season? Hopefully the EA update takes place tomorrow as promised. I doubt it will, but I can always dream.

Fifty

Yeah...heavy rumors suggest something is going up tomorrow. Best to wait till at least saturday, sunday or monday if you're in a hurry...Anyway, the playoffs will last 9 days or so from Saturday, so we have tons of time. Since you can sign in online, and we don't have that many people, there is no long process to speed up. The hardest part is creating the schedules.

scheduling wont be a problem, im going to use the same formula we did last time. i'd rather wait to see if they are actually going to update and fix stuff officially. besides, as fifty said, we do have 9 days of playoffs

Fifty

I think the energy was really drained out of it when the other league had that mishap.....but I'm still interested, and I assume everyone else is. FMT was going to create it...I'm assuming after the playoffs are done in season 1, but it could be done anytime now. Certainly team selection can take place.

My idea was to have the returning players pick their teams first, in order of worst (picks first) to best (picks last) records. Then the new players would have their picks. I'll write up an approx order...with all the teams' records. Top team would pick first, and then so on.

Hgplayer 2- 14 (not returning)
Slo 2-11-3 (Not returning)
Matrix 5-9-2
CK 5-9-2
Dskillz 6-8-2
Maverick 6-6-4 (not returning)
Fifty 8-7-1
FMT 9-6-1
Drey 9-6-1 (not returning)
Mr. Bob 9-4-3
DM 12-4-0
Ramirez 13-2-1

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I agree with that assessment. I think most people still want to come back and play a 2nd season. Even if it is only a 8-team season, I am down with that.

Matrix

So I get the first pick? :D

Fifty

UPDATED (I won't do this unless I have a situation like this, where I know Matrix won't choose the Giants, and CK wants them again)

Matrix - Jets
CK - Giants
Dskillz - Jags
Fifty - Colts
FMT 9-6-1
Mr. Bob 9-4-3
DM -
Ramirez -

Remember....while your team's overall rating has not changed, it doesn't mean anything now that the players' individual (not every player, but plenty) stats have changed. Make sure to check out the individual player ratings if you're curious to see how your team has changed

Matrix

Fifty,I'll take the Jets.

Top Bottom