• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

HUELEN10

I'd love to participate and join, but I am totally ignorant in all 3 franchises for signups. Will read up on them though, have fun guys!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to participate and join, but I am totally ignorant in all 3 franchises for signups. Will read up on them though, have fun guys!

The flavour is totally irrelevant, it just adds spice - you're not advantaged or disadvantaged in any way by being familiar or unfamiliar with it. I helped run the AC thread and I know literally nothing about AC in the slightest. Honestly, sign up! :3

Just like Crab i had no idea what Animal Crossing was, but following that game and also Star wars game was really fun. There's so much drama! Don't forget the death of sweet little children haha.

squidyj

I didn't know anything about Animal Crossing when I played in that game and I didn't have any trouble because of the theme, they're just there for fun.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm text-slimming the OT as I realize it was quite heavy. Cut down the length by about two-fifths without losing any actual material. Still going. Hopefully people aren't put off by the length, the game is really easy to learn.

Zubz

Banned

I didn't know squat about Star Wars, but I had a blast fighting the Empire!
And getting killed by the Empire!
These franchises are pretty easy to understand, too. Sarcastic spies, a stylish "Lord of the Flies," and monsters beyond comprehension and the cultists that love them. That's all you really need to know. The choice is yours, but we'd love to have you!

My only issue with that would be for possible spoilers with the Danganronpa theme. I haven't gotten the chance to play any of the games yet and since they are story based, I wouldn't want them to be spoiled for me accidentally. LaunchpadMcQ, would your game avoid spoilers from the series?

Nope. Any references to the games are either obvious (just knowing the premise of the game and knowing who Monokuma is) or vague enough that only people who have played the game would recognize them. It's pretty light and should keep you pretty spoiler-free if you choose to play the games during/after.

Hobohodo

Timeasis and Barry confirmed post skimmers.

Never trust the opinions of these two in game.

EDIT:Barry confirmed as a sneaky post editor.

Darryl

Banned
I'll make an exception for you. I don't know what happens if you end up in McCokedUp's game though.

It'll be a huge handicap for me otherwise. I mean I'm pretty sure I even messed up your name. Ouruborus. Ourubulus. I don't even know of I even got that one right.

For all new players, the stress involved in mafia will quickly make you forget everyone's names and preferred gender pronoun. This is not an easy game.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It'll be a huge handicap for me otherwise. I mean I'm pretty sure I even messed up your name. Ouruborus. Ourubulus. I don't even know of I even got that one right.

For all new players, the stress involved in mafia will quickly make you forget everyone's names and preferred gender pronoun. This is not an easy game.

For those who are unaware, Darryl is an inveterate liar and a fraud. Also quite good at this game.

Also I feel like this image should be somewhere in the OP:

wAmYfAO.png

Legitimately my favourite thing from all 3 games
The infamy of Star Wars Mafia shall live on forever in those mad scrawlings.

Also: in, male pronouns.

I remember in one game (it was Sony based IIRC), and I was a villager who knew 1 other villager. We were either Ratchet & Clank or Jak & Daxter.

Anyway, when the other guy died, I was given a new alignment, individual. The idea being I was consumed with grief and was given the ability to kill every night like the mafia had.

It ended with me and the mafia's killer in a stalemate. It was a night where the 2 remaining people could kill. Was a fun game, though I did not play well at all. Had no control over kills and basically stumbled my way into a win.

I remember in one game (it was Sony based IIRC), and I was a villager who knew 1 other villager. We were either Ratchet & Clank or Jak & Daxter.

Anyway, when the other guy died, I was given a new alignment, individual. The idea being I was consumed with grief and was given the ability to kill every night like the mafia had.

It ended with me and the mafia's killer in a stalemate. It was a night where the 2 remaining people could kill. Was a fun game, though I did not play well at all. Had no control over kills and basically stumbled my way into a win.

So both mafia alignment and yours won?
Pretty cool ability.
Mods, you should add this

Kevyt

-----------------------------------------------
| Season 3|

| Title unannounced |
Players: 24+

Game-runner: Ourobolus

| Title unannounced |
Players: 21+

Game-runner: LaunchpadMcQ

| Title unannounced |
Players: 21+

Game-runner: traube

| with help from |

Game-tutor: Karkador

Game-tutor: MattyG

WXoHet0.png

Sign-up now!

Currently none!

My theme is not there...

I'm not sure if I'm an avatar person or not. Want it back?

EDIT: and Seath, you suck and your theme sucks, so no.

giphy.gif

:c

Darryl

Banned
The 3 guys hosting (and mclaunch? She? We need to get this list up) in there put the work in last season and were obviously mod material.

I put in a game idea too (LOL) and am not in there. We are shoe-ins next season as long as we make sure these newbies don't have a chance to flex.

Ourobolus

Banned
The 3 guys hosting (and mclaunch? She? We need to get this list up) in there put the work in last season and were obviously mod material.

I put in a game idea too (LOL) and am not in there. We are shoe-ins next season as long as we make sure these newbies don't have a chance to flex.
Aw. I knew you liked me. That bus doesn't feel so bad now.

Top Bottom