• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Zatoth

@crab: I am setting up the Call of Cthulhu game with Terrabyte20xx. And we were planning to run the game in Season 4. But I guess with 3 weeks to go we should be able to have the game ready for season 3.

Will be hard on or sanity. But we'll take the risk. Will be hard on or sanity. But we'll take the risk. Will be hard on or sanity. But we'll take the risk.

Oh and before you bitch about pronouns. As a fruit I don't really care. But I guess "he" is fine.

@crab: I am setting up the Call of Cthulhu game with Terrabyte20xx. And we were planning to run the game in Season 4. But I guess with 3 weeks to go we should be able to have the game ready for season 3.

Will be hard on or sanity. But we'll take the risk. Will be hard on or sanity. But we'll take the risk. Will be hard on or sanity. But we'll take the risk.

Oh and before you bitch about pronouns. As a fruit I don't really care. But I guess "he" is fine.

You clever bastard. By hosting a game, I can't have my revenge against you...that's clearly why you decided to mod this season. Well maybe if I RNG my way into your game...yes then I can...😈

(Jk, I wouldn't ruin someone's game...right?)

Zatoth

You clever bastard. By hosting a game, I can't have my revenge against you...that's clearly why you decided to mod this season. Well maybe if I RNG my way into your game...yes then I can...😈

(Jk, I wouldn't ruin someone's game...right?)

I dare you to join my game. You will not even make it to day 1 with the role I made up for you.

roytheone

Sign me up! Hopefully this time I will not be skipped as a potential replacement even when I was on top of the waiting list for like three months like last time! >:-(

Anyway, Male pronouns please, I am a real man!

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Just thought I should show my face here and proclaim my pronoun as a 'he'.

Now, back to setting up that mafia game with traube!

nin1000

Banned
For the record, my Mafia BFF is Palmer. All you guys from last game are dead to me.

awee come on mate. You killed yourself last game since you left such a good impression on the 1st season. Its like True Detective. First Season godlike , second season meeehh.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Sign me up! Hopefully this time I will not be skipped as a potential replacement even when I was on top of the waiting list for like three months like last time! >:-(

Anyway, Male pronouns please, I am a real man!

You do indeed have first dibs above everyone else. Sorry about that, we drew replacements that had posted recently and I didn't enforce the waiting list, my fault entirely.

Palmer_v1

For the record, my Mafia BFF is Palmer. All you guys from last game are dead to me.

I should change my avatar to this:
bn1uxoy.jpg

Timeaisis

awee come on mate. You killed yourself last game since you left such a good impression on the 1st season. Its like True Detective. First Season godlike , second season meeehh.

So I'm like Vince Vaughn. Fantastic.

Seriously, though, some shit came up at work like immediately after season 2 started, so my free time really tanked. Tried to bounce back into the game at the end there, but it was a little too late. Sucks, but such is life. Don't judge me by my past mafia games! Maybe I should change my username lol.

So I'm like Vince Vaughn. Fantastic.

Seriously, though, some shit came up at work like immediately after season 2 started, so my free time really tanked. Tried to bounce back into the game at the end there, but it was a little too late. Sucks, but such is life. Don't judge me by my past mafia games! Maybe I should change my username lol.

At the very least you turned out to be a good example of why people shouldn't base their feelings on how people acted in previous mafia games. I mean I know I'm not going to do that anymore.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Can I just say that the American dates system is the worst fucking thing ever invented and needs to be burnt in a fire? I'm trying to figure out who came before who and who died when and so on by diving into old posts, and it's absolutely horrific. Like, I can accept dd/mm/yy or yy/mm/dd (yy/mm/dd in this case is particularly convenient), but why the fuck would you have the medium unit then the smallest unit then the largest unit? America, get on that shit smh.

Ourobolus

Banned
Can I just say that the American dates system is the worst fucking thing ever invented and needs to be burnt in a fire? I'm trying to figure out who came before who and who died when and so on by diving into old posts, and it's absolutely horrific. Like, I can accept dd/mm/yy or yy/mm/dd (yy/mm/dd in this case is particularly convenient), but why the fuck would you have the medium unit then the smallest unit then the largest unit? America, get on that shit smh.

July 17, 2015.
Though yes, when dealing with numerical I prefer yyyymmdd.

Kevyt

Hmmm that's interesting, it never crossed my mind.

I'm so used to mm/dd/yy to be honest it just makes sense to me.

dd/mm/yy and yy/mm/dd confused the hell out of me.

Ourobolus

Banned

yyyymmdd makes sense on computers because it's the best way to sort information, since files, for instance, are grouped alphanumerically, so it'll group all of the years together first, followed by month, then day.

RetroMG

Yeah, I'd never thought about it either, but it really makes no sense at all. In time we go Hour:Minute:Second, in order based on which changes the most frequently. Makes no sense that we don't also do that with days and make it Year:Month:Day.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yeah, I'd never thought about it either, but it really makes no sense at all. In time we go Hour:Minute:Second, in order based on which changes the most frequently. Makes no sense that we don't also do that with days and make it Year:Month:Day.

It makes sense when speaking - "July 17th, 2015." It's shorter than "The 17th of July, 2015."

El Topo

Anyone that supports the American system is immediately suspicious and inherently untrustworthy. Mafia, all of them.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It makes sense when speaking - "July 17th, 2015." It's shorter than "The 17th of July, 2015."

In the UK, people will actually say 17th July, 2015 without including "the" or "of", so not only are we numerically better we're also syntactically better.

Ourobolus

Banned
Or "2015, July 17."

jqButM7.gif

Except I don't care what year it is first. At the very least you should say "17 July, 2015," though that sounds awkward to me.

In the UK, people will actually say 17th July, 2015 without including "the" or "of", so not only are we numerically better we're also syntactically better.

That doesn't make sense. It's the 17th July? What happened to all those other Julys?

Hm, we still need 16 players. I'm getting antsy.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
No, not even a "the". Just "Seventeenth, July, 2015", then with the commas taken out for "17th July 2015". It's equally as sensible as "July 17th 2015" - when were the first sixteen 2015s?

EDIT: this is literally going to be open for like another week and a half and you're worrying that we only met 3/4 of our target in the first 3 days? :p cool it, man.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's because in America (cue flags, eagles, anthems, guns), we care about the here and now.

When's your birthday? Let's say it's May 16th. That's important. I know that I should get you something on that day. The year? I couldn't care less. Leave that up to the governments.

What matters to us is this year, not three decades ago or two years hence. That's why it's at the end, because it's an afterthought.

Ourobolus

Banned
No, not even a "the". Just "Seventeenth, July, 2015", then with the commas taken out for "17th July 2015". It's equally as sensible as "July 17th 2015" - when were the first sixteen 2015s?

Us Americans are smart enough to put a comma between the day and year. :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Us Americans are smart enough to put a comma between the day and year. :p

Us Brits are smart enough to realize that you can not use the comma and still have the sentence be understood perfectly well.

Karkador

Banned
"The current time is 15 minutes of the 2nd hour of the latter part of "17", so numbered the third Friday of July, of the year 2015" - Crab and his Britainisms

Haly

You mean "tea time".

But then again every time is tea time in the glorious isles of the Queen.

Haly

Has there ever been a mutiny in the history of online Mafia?

Karkador

Banned
Yeah y'all need to recruit.

Look, NeoGAF, let me tell it to you like this.

You were going to lie about something on GAF anyway

Might as well do it to play a game, which you supposedly like

Top Bottom