• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF NCAA Football 2005 Tournament I: A prelude to Victory (Xbox only! signup now!)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
hgplayer1 said:
I just played matrix in an OT drill game and it was pretty fun but I still have a couple complaints about the way EA is working with Live.

my friends list is still taking a while to come up. when i first booted up today it took a little while but it came up. i sent a challenege to matrix and we were in the team select but i wanted him to be home so we backed out. friends list was empty again but it came back after a minute or two. everything worked fine we got in a game and played and i got back to the main online screen without being disconnected. but now all the settings that I changed and saved in My NCAA before have all been set back to default.

though my friends list is coming up it sucks that it takes at least a good two minutes to come up. all the settings changes take a good minute at least to save. logging in and getting into a game seem to work fine now its mainly the friends list and settings that arent working like they should.

hopefully another day or so of tweaking will get everything working right.

Yea that was fun..I swore I heard you cussing or something through my tv,lol

Also I have the same issue with the friends list and my settings not being saved :( Fix it EA!

Maverick

Alright, I got online and signed up for the tourny. Change of plans though, I'm rollin' with my real favorite team, the Fightin' Irish.

G-tag: Militant Black....Add me to your Friends List, ladies.

Fifty

UCLA, you can kiss my ass!

I can't leave and reenter this tourny, or else I'll lose "EA RESPECT" but in the next tourny, and from then on, I'm using Syracuse. I picked them for two reasons. A) Their mascot is an orange and B) No, really, he's an orange

edit: HG, I know....it's awful! My biggest complaint so far (after pausing, that is) If I agree to meet someone online, since my friends list isn't there, I've got to enter their name in manually, and send them an invite that way. If this is how all EA Live games work, then I don't want a part of it.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
hgplayer1, the damn server kicked me off after I exited out of our matchup screen and now I'm getting the @#*& message about not being able to connect. This is madness, right before you challenged me I played a silky smooth OT drill, the best connection I've had yet! I hope EA is learning some valuable lessons for Madden's release.

Anyway, I'll look for you again tonight.

hgplayer1

wow i was just online and i saw yellow peril online in the east lobby so i sent him a challenge so we get to team select and i ask if he wants to be home team since Ive played at home too much and he says sure. so we leave the game and before i can get back in the east lobby i get disconnected and now i cant get back on.

this is so bad its almost funny..........almost

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty,you could just meet someone in a lobby room if the friends list doesnt show up.

I say if your list doesnt come up,anyone from GA who is on and wants to play a game should check east room 3.

hgplayer1

I just logged on with no problems whatsoever and my friends list even came up immediately. I see FMT and DM playing so Im just gonna chill in the GAF room I made. if any of you cant get your friends list to show up just go there.

Matrix

Ughh the servers went down,atleast fot me.They better post my win against HG :(

Fifty

Yeah, check the other discussion thread. It's down for all of us :( I think it let everyone finish their current game, but we couldn't get back in.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dudes, we only have 13/16 people signed in for the tournament, and its scheduled to start in 7 hours. we need 3 more people to sign in, and quick!
I will sign in when i get home from work...

Malleymal is the Gamertag...

hgplayer1

just under an hour to go for people to sign up and we still need two more.......

i got logged in pretty easy just now and my friends list came up right away. anyone still having problems?

wow I went to change my settings and save them and it happened immediately.

looking promising.

hgplayer1

oh damn did we actually manage to fill all the spots or did it start with only 14? Im at work but when I get home Im gonna check the schedule.

um, it says the tournament "expired". we only had 14/16 signed in, but then on my buddylist it says truelize is my opponent. i'm going to create a new tournament, i'm going to set it for 15 hours to fill. here's the new info:

Name: Gaf 2
Pass: Jgar

sign in now dudes! we can get this going, XBL is working fine now (my bl's come up immediately)

hgplayer1

Ill sign up for the new one as soon as I get home but if this one doesnt fill in time its the last tourney on these boards that Ill ever even consider being a part of..............until the next one is announced anyway :p

ugh, sorry about this dudes. it's not really anyones fault (except EA's crappy servers). i bet you anything we would have easily gotten this filled before the deadline if the servers would allow people to sign on. now it seems the server is stable (hopefully), so there are no excuses. its go time!

Fifty

15 hours to fill?! Dammit! There won't be enough people here on a friday to sign up. Give us/them the weekend to fill it. I really don't think 16 people will sign up between now and saturday afternoon.

Fifty

That's the old tourny.

The only live tourny (for 12 hours at least....) is name"GAF 2" pass "Jgar"

We need 8 more people in the next 12 hours. I'd be amazed if we filled it.

hgplayer1

I cant log on again.......says someone is currently logged in under my name.

I doubt Ill buy Madden if this shit is still happening by the time it comes out.

Matrix

hgplayer1 said:
I cant log on again.......says someone is currently logged in under my name.

I doubt Ill buy Madden if this shit is still happening by the time it comes out.

Same shit for me and FMT.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I'm gonna be in Toronto the whole next week on a business trip so there's no point in me signing up for whatever the next tourney is cause I wont be anywhere near home. I'll get into one Friday night though if there's one open.
Why don't we plan for one to start on Friday. Gives some people some time to get ready, give us some time to get the tourney filled. Gives me time to get home. :D

Fifty

Have fun in Toronto! :D It's great here.

I agree that we should start one. Perhaps FMT shouldn't be the commish, as he's having big issues with the game (I am too, but I'm not as pissed right now). If he wants to, he can be. I'm not going to take it away from him...but we can't forget about this just because of ESPN.

Despite getting over 20 people saying they wanted in, I doubt we'll get more than 10 for a tourny :(

hgplayer1

I think maybe a new thread is needed. there are too many bad vibes in this one. Im stil down for one if we can get enough people.

Fifty

Yes, I'd suggest a new thread. I'd be down for it, but I think that ESPN has scared people away from this (Well, that and NCAA's gameplay)
:D

Top Bottom