• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, will we ever see The Last Guardian

-Horizon-

I think it's obvious at this point that the game's new vision is nothing like the original one. We will see it, but it will be a PS4 game that'll be completely different than what we're expecting.
It will be an immersive open world limited resource survival horror with branching dialogue paths and characters that make you feel for them.
All in retro graphics

Yagharek

I have a very good friend pretty high up in Sony and I asked him about Crash Bandicoot and he laughed and said I can't talk about that. Then I asked him about TLG and he said "I definitely can NOT talk about that"

TLG incoming

Well sure, I believe you...

KoopaTheCasual

I'd like to think that my story would be much more interesting if I were lying for internet cred
You see, the problem is, Ueda and Yoshida both confirmed that the game still exists, so your story really doesn't add much of anything. People are mainly speculating that they'll eventually drop the project since it doesn't seem to be working out.

I hope so, along with Half Life 3.

I don't care for either game, I just want people to stop complaining about it not coming out.

stryke

iwIo3BEKStJjI.gif

RK128

....The game is dead :(. If it was going to come out anytime soon, then we would have saw something at this point :l.

I mean, the game would have been a great tittle to show off during the PS4 unviel (a game pushed back so long, resurrected and looking amazing for the PS4; it would be icing on the cake if it was announced as a PS4 launch game for JP :D!) but....they didn't.

Then there was E3 2013 (we saw nothing) and Gamescom 2013 (again, we saw nothing)....and yet again, saw nothing of the game at this years E3 :l. If the game was still alive and coming, we WOULD have had a new trailer (I mean, Uncharted 4 got a trailer this E3 and reportedly that game is getting completely rebuilt!).

It is a shame though; the game would have been a masterpiece and a graphical benchmark for the PS3 if it came out on that or a great show-off game for the PS4 if it was still alive X(.

It is also all the more aggravating that Team Ico is still around making this for so long when Sony studios making great games that DO come out get shut down X( (RIP Zipper Interactive, Studio Liverpool, Superbot and Eat Sleep Play :().

By next year's TGS will be the final verdict of its status in my opinion. It will either be shown next week, TGS, E3 2015, Gamescom 2015 or TGS 2015 at the latest. After that its officially dead.

sony pls

I'm of the belief that it was cancelled, and then ign went and posted that it was canned. People started going apeshit, so sony says that its still in development. Yea sure ok.

Toxi

Banned
By next year's TGS will be the final verdict of its status in my opinion. It will either be shown next week, TGS, E3 2015, Gamescom 2015 or TGS 2015 at the latest. After that its officially dead.

sony pls
Even if Sony officially announces its cancellation, people will still believe in it and wait for TGS.

Metfanant

What hype? Whenever people talk about TLG, it's most depressing.

...like this thread for instance. :p

You're kidding right? The sheer fact that anyone even brings up the game anymore is unwarranted hype...

People still talk about this game like it's gonna be some masterpiece of a game...its comical..

Somewhere Y2Kev is screaming as a gentle Bishop rubs his back, soothing the angered giant from unleashing his wrath unto the believers.
It's fucking dead

Speevy

Banned
There is a threshold beyond which games that have been in the oven too long become less appetizing when they finally hit the plate.

Not only could TLG never live up to the wait it's caused for all of us, but, it's pretty likely that whatever has been holding it up would probably rear its ugly head in reviews and impressions.

Let it go. Few companies get to bow out gracefully. Team ICO has a flawless record, and they're gone.

Gaf would go crazy if it is released soon
lol
. I can feel it. Would be so good.

In retrospective Duke Nukem Forever was released. So it is happening right guys?

Teeth

If it ever does come out, you will be disappointed.

Threads full of descriptors like "soulless", "pandering", "empty", "disappointing", and the like will come soon after the OT is bloated with hype.

Then there will be LTTP after LTTP thread starting out with "The Last Guardian is actually good! It's not as good as Shadow of the Colossus or Ico, but it's still better than 99.9999% of all games ever released."

Then the backlash to the backlash. Then the backlash to that.

Just like every other long awaited game.

Opinions.

Top Bottom