• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What ever happened to Abandoned?

KillaJamm

I always remember seeing an active thread on here with a bunch of crackpot theory's about it being related to Silent Hill or an ARG but it's literally just dropped off the radar? Was it just a scam after all then? I remember there being an app but did they ever release the promised 'demo'? Such a weird one.

Doom85

The Internet when asked if Abandoned will ever release:

star trek GIF

The “developer” of Abandoned when asked if Abandoned will ever release:

Animated GIF

SHA

I hate when I can't hold accountability on real shit, this industry is fu.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
From day one it was one of the most obvious scams the industry's ever seen, but there were dozens of people here who genuinely believed it was not only a real thing, but some sort of Kojima project. Beyond crayon eating. That's smushed up crayons straight up the nose.

DryvBy

From day one it was one of the most obvious scams the industry's ever seen, but there were dozens of people here who genuinely believed it was not only a real thing, but some sort of Kojima project. Beyond crayon eating. That's smushed up crayons straight up the nose.

The media didn't fall for it. Nope, not at all. Just a few weirdo GAF folks. Nope, not one interview or article from the media. And totally unusual for Kojima.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Sony let that scam/rumor spread like wildfire for an entire year. Absolutely ridiculous they didnt shut down that nonsense

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It was an obvious scam, it just boggles my mind that Sony fell for it.
Then again with how they running playstation at the moment(hardware excluded) I'm not surprised.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I mean

Given everything we've seen and been told these past two years about Bluebox, Kojima, and Silent Hill, it's pretty obvious to anyone with even passing media literacy to understand what the hell is happening here.

#TeamReal

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It was a scam

Hasan made an account here, me twice? and proceed to shitpost

As crazy as it seems, if it was a scam and had nothing going for it except some Unreal assets, how and why would Sony post it on their own blog? Did they even test the demo? Or some random dev emailed Sony saying here's a 10 second clip, please post it on your site?

Last edited:

Aenima

As crazy as it seems, if it was a scam and had nothing going for it except some Unreal assets, how and why would Sony post it on their own blog? Did they even test the demo? Or some random dev emailed Sony saying here's a 10 second clip, please post it on your site?

Devs need to pay Sony a fee to be feautured in PS Blog. Sony took the money and let them publish a post there. I think Hasan idea was to gather funding for the game, but all the shady stuff surrounding the dev and how it was handling the trailers and reveals, kept any investor away.

Im more impressed how they managed to create an app for the PS5 that would be showing the trailers and eventually a playable demo. But they managed to fuck they 1st presentation, not only they missed the deadline, the trailer was also much shorter that inicial teased.

Last edited:
star trek spock GIF

Hasan!!!

An obvious scam at the time, of course it’s dead.
I used to love that thread. It was fucking hilarious. Some people were seriously deluded.

Last edited:

A.Romero

Anyone that paid attention knew it was vaporware pretty quickly. I feel bad for the that dude that decided to go after his dream without a clue of how to develop games and got caught in a spiral of BS.

Some still are. Or are trolling.
I’m not going to call anyone out, but damn there was some bullshit. Some people were convinced the dude walking was Norman Reedus and it showed the best graphics of all time. Some people were playing “insiders” and saying the demo app was going to host interactive demos for all Sony games going forward, etc.

mdkirby

That was an exciting month or two, I personally really enjoyed the whole thing. As for where it’s gone now, it’s in the name.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
This remains some of the funniest shit I've ever read on here.

Jeff Grubb and "others" that I talk to said this is one big interactive demo and yes, part of this is they will be showing off things like Silent hill(s), God of war: ragnarok trailer, new MGS remake trailer. This is Hasan's little studio that were contracted to make this which would show off their skills using unreal engine but also make something interactive that does its job in having the community interact. So we will be unlocking parts of the demo that will unveil other titles and their trailers.

So imagine you walking around sections that are named specific things that represent different games.

Some stuff got pushed to my knowledge as in the PlayStation event that goes with this. Think of this as one big viral marketing but it's interactive with its own story that leads you to trailers for other Games that will be revealed one by one throughout the month of September up to Fall.

Some peoples stuff like Call of duty vanguard is suppose to be revealed this week. Dont know if its going to be part of the demo. I dont think it will be, I think hasan's demo is silent hill, mgs, god of war and couple other reveals.

buenoblue

Ha that thread was weird as fuck. A straight up troll job and some got so crazy they got banned lol 😂 goodtimes

KillaJamm

I’m not going to call anyone out, but damn there was some bullshit. Some people were convinced the dude walking was Norman Reedus and it showed the best graphics of all time. Some people were playing “insiders” and saying the demo app was going to host interactive demos for all Sony games going forward, etc.
Yeah if I remember correctly people were drawing lines and that on screenshots trying to show 'hidden' messages and things that proved it was Kojima, honestly it was so funny at the time and they were so persistent. Oh and don't forget his twitter, 'there's a blue box on his desk, that proves it!' Was so funny, so weird Sony ever gave it any limelight.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Hasan was exposed as a fraud by I think it was Gamespot?

He created his own cult of people on discord, handpicked those who strongly believed him. He fed them lies, constantly made u turns and basically had nothing on hand as many already suspected. I don't know what his endgame was, perhaps he sought external funding or something?

If you guys want some cringe, watch his interview with Colin Moriarty.

This is a case of someone usually getting away with asset flips and lies because it was small time and irrelevant. But once he got on the PS Blog and teased Silent Hill the veteran journalists and tireless fans started to take notice. And this interview proves it was all way above his head, he tries to spin in bizarre ways but it never really hits. Hes a blatant con artist.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I guess if it is a scam it will eventually release, as that's the only way to get any $ from the handful of customers that would buy it. Like Quantum Error.

Unless there is some kind of crowd funding or investor buy in, they need something to release in order to facilitate the scam.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I got duped big time. I thought for sure that this was something but ended up being absolutely fuck all. Remember the walking trailer 😂. What an absolute shitshow this ended up being but it was funny at the time.

Sony still have the trailer on their YouTube ffs, and the ps blogpost why haven’t they taken this shit down?

DaGwaphics

I dislike the choice in narrator and the way emphasis was placed on the phrases themselves, but I honestly still think the setup sounds promising for a survival horror game. Not necessarily unique, but the idea of not having any upfront setup, not knowing anything about the upcoming plot at all and uncovering it along the way could be workable.

SkylineRKR

I guess if it is a scam it will eventually release, as that's the only way to get any $ from the handful of customers that would buy it. Like Quantum Error.

Unless there is some kind of crowd funding or investor buy in, they need something to release in order to facilitate the scam.

Hasan's history is about announcing games but never actually release. He created a Kickstarter and then took it down himself. I think he tries to pitch ideas to someone or some publisher falling for it in hopes of being funded in advance.

His Abandoned trailer was nothing more than a purchased UE asset, which should already be a red flag and just shows Sony doesn't give a fuck as long as you pay for blog space. This is the only thing I wonder, I heard it could cost north of 20k to be on there.

bitbydeath

I got duped big time. I thought for sure that this was something but ended up being absolutely fuck all. Remember the walking trailer 😂. What an absolute shitshow this ended up being but it was funny at the time.

Sony still have the trailer on their YouTube ffs, and the ps blogpost why haven’t they taken this shit down?

That trailer was hilarious, if I recall a GIF of that walking sequence came out and then the much hyped video showed the exact same thing.

Thread was…
himym-wait-for-it.gif

appu-appurajosh.gif

Top Bottom