• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Best of E3 2016 Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spider-Man is high on the list?!?! Why?!?!? How?!??! People really think this game gonna end up special??? I'm sorry but I don't see it happening... maybe I'll eat my words.

latest

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Spider-Man is high on the list?!?! Why?!?!? How?!??! People really think this game gonna end up special??? I'm sorry but I don't see it happening... maybe I'll eat my words.

That's the only one on the list that surprised me a bit given how little they showed compared to everything else, but a lot of our posters are huge Marvel fans, it has a good developer, and this is the best chance of a high quality AAA Marvel game, so it fits from that perspective.

jem0208

Damn, this shows how completely opposite the general GAF opinion is to mine.

Not a single winner in any of the categories or any of the top 10 interest me in the slightest.

Ivan 3414

I don't see the hype either. I guess it's because it's being developed by Insomniac but I've seen plenty of Spiderman game trailers that look great but the game is garbage. Nothing about this new trailer excites me.

Neiteio

I have gone through Heavy Rain in several forms at this point - alone, with friends, via LPs that other people have done or LPs I have done myself. I have found it an interminable experience every single time.

It is somehow an even worse game knowing who the murderer is.
I can turn off my brain re: the plot holes and ham-fisted reveal. Main thing that bothered me was the utterly pointless character of Madison Paige. She's mainly there for sex appeal (underwear fight with dream ninjas, fondling Paco's balls in the club, etc) and unearned emotions, i.e. sleeping with Ethan despite the fact Ethan's son is about to drown (Father of the Year Award right there, folks).

She did have one of the best scenes, though: The homicidal surgeon. That scene was completely ridiculous, but AWESOME.

Zalman

The list matches my taste pretty well. Zelda was my number one too, and I'm interested in every game in the top 5.

I don't see the hype either. I guess it's because it's being developed by Insomniac but I've seen plenty of Spiderman game trailers that look great but the game is garbage. Nothing about this new trailer excites me.

Here are some details from the game that shows it's not your average Spider-Man game

- Biggest team Insomniac has ever had working on a game
- Most ambitious Marvel game ever made
- It's been in development for "quite some time"
- Open world
- It's not connected at all with the upcoming movie
- It'll focus on both Peter Parker and Spider-man
- PS4 exclusive and published by SIE

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
benny_a has requested this thread be closed for a few hours so he can correct some mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom