• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gal Gadot to Play Wonder Woman in ‘Batman vs. Superman’

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Maybe a couple but the consensus seems to be that Gadot does a very credible job. Substantially above average.

Which is good news, obviously, but she still doesn't look much like Wonder Woman if your idea of WW is a muscular warrior and not a lingerie model. Cavill and Affleck are giant beefcake monstrosities, why not Gadot?

Which is good news, obviously, but she still doesn't look much like Wonder Woman if your idea of WW is a muscular warrior and not a lingerie model. Cavill and Affleck are giant beefcake monstrosities, why not Gadot?

How many comic books, cartoons, tv show, or games has ever portrayed Wonder Woman as a muscular warrior?

I just want to add, Gal has a three film contract for BvS, WW, and JL. I believe she was paid around $300,000 for each. But she's sure getting paid to re-up for Wonder Woman 2 and JL2.

Sean C

Which is good news, obviously, but she still doesn't look much like Wonder Woman if your idea of WW is a muscular warrior and not a lingerie model.
When has Diana ever been depicted like that in any medium? There have been a million artist interpretations, of course, some of which may be heavier on muscle than others, but she's pretty much always pictured as a slim, conventionally attractive woman.

The one person that most commonly comes up when people describe their image of Wonder Woman is Lynda Carter, who certainly wasn't a "muscular warrior".

the anus was on gal to prove the doubters wrong here tbh.

is it really eating crow when there is no precedence to prove you wrong? I dunno...maybe it is. I'm iffy on the definition of that term.

Good on her for apparently pulling off a big success here though.

.JayZii

Banned
the anus was on gal to prove the doubters wrong here tbh.

is it really eating crow when there is no precedence to prove you wrong? I dunno...maybe it is. I'm iffy on the definition of that term.

Good on her for apparently pulling off a big success here though.
Care to try that again?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Lol @ the posts saying she couldnt headline a movie. Especially considering the RT consensus specifically praising her.

Thrilling, earnest, and buoyed by Gal Gadot's charismatic performance, Wonder Woman succeeds in spectacular fashion

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
DC fans rejoice: this bump is an order of magnitude less lame than the guy who saved everyone's quotes about Antman. Ant-Man? Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom