• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gal Gadot to Play Wonder Woman in ‘Batman vs. Superman’

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
This could be applied to guys and Man of Steel, Captain America, Thor, etc. Didn't Evans claim he made himself sick just to get the Super Soldier serum scene right?

Nothing wrong with that at all, it's the vitriol in the fan reactions directed at the way the actor looks I have a problem with.

Are you fucking serious. That is not real muscle. That's the costume. Look at the picture from the movie I posted where he's out of the costume.

No shit, but in your picture he's wearing a shirt, so I don't see that it makes much diffence, personally.

uh, but she's ... dangerously close to being anorexic, lol

You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

ReiGun

We went from Oscar nominated actresses for Catwoman and Lois Lane - DC's other well known female characters - to "that chick from Fast and Furious" for Wonder Woman.

How does that even happen? How?

Tabby

It's hilarious actually, to see people freak out over casting.
I'm reserving my judgement until there's actually footage to judge from.

They casted Cavill as Superman, I trust them enough to not fuck this up.

Why didn't Gina Carino get the role?

SHE actually moves like Wonder Woman and has the correct bulk and bust... WTF Snyder....

Cause then you'd have an equal amount of people complaining that they only focused on the looks and cast someone with no charisma or acting ability.

We went from Oscar nominated actresses for Catwoman and Lois Lane - DC's other well known female characters - to "that chick from Fast and Furious" for Wonder Woman.

She... nailed the audition? It happens.

nullref

She is fit, but petite. As always it depends on the version.

What version are you thinking of? I wouldn't describe Wonder Woman as "petite" in any modern incarnation. She's usually portrayed as athletic, broad-shouldered, and around 6' tall.

She's playing Wonder Woman. She doesn't need charisma or acting ability.

Every character is better when portrayed by someone with charisma and acting ability.

KalBalboa

Banned
Anyone complaining about Snyder's casting decisions should watch man of steel.

Seriously, the movie's casting is the best thing about it.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member

Catwoman and Superman Returns aren't exactly good examples in the "things done right" department. Besides, I think Ethan Hawke is a pretty bad actor, loved Gattaca, Jennifer Lawrence doesn't do anything for me, but Winter's bone was great. Magic happens sometimes.

I forgot Gale's the cute girl in Fast 5 and Fast 6.

I'm sure her F&F co-stars like Gina Carino and Ronda Rousey can help out to make her become more Diana-like.

Catwoman and Superman Returns aren't exactly good examples in the "things done right" department. Besides, I think Ethan Hawke is a pretty bad actor, loved Gattaca, Jennifer Lawrence doesn't do anything for me, but Winter's bone was great. Magic happens sometimes.

I think he's talking about Anne Hathaway and Amy Adams.

Lol.

You're not wrong. Difference is, no-one was really complaining about that film's casting prior to release, so we don't really have any handle on how reliable his questionable choices are.

I'm pretty indifferent about Affleck being Batman, mind. That could go either way.

Imm0rt4l

Agreed

Oni3298

Oh, Gaf. Must you all be so cynical? We literally know nothing about the film, at the very least wait for some footage before crying foul.

inm8num2

Ya, god forbid they listen to what the audience wants, better to throw darts in the dark

Yes, an audience that wants Cumberbatch, Fassbender, Cranston, or Elba to play every role. An audience that reacts negatively to almost every piece of news that comes out of most major productions.

Call it throwing darts in the dark all you want. Yes, I'm sure that's what they did. Not like they screentested anyone...

ReiGun

I was actually referring to TDKR and MoS, since they're more recent. lol

MisterHero

Amy Adams was a meteor freak on Smallville

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

No one complained about Man of Steel's casting decisions. Much safer/better you could say than what we're seeing now. Nothing was as controversial as those either.

Yes, an audience that wants Cumberbatch, Fassbender, Cranston, or Elba to play every role. An audience that reacts negatively to almost every piece of news that comes out of most major productions.

Call it throwing darts in the dark all you want. Yes, I'm sure that's what they did. Not like they screentested anyone...

Cranston I could see as Lex.
Elba as Green Lantern.
I dunno about Fassbender.
I dunno about Cumberbatch.

BLACKLAC

Cranston I could see as Lex.
Elba as Green Lantern.
I dunno about Fassbender.
I dunno about Cumberbatch.

BY09DIRIgAA6Y_Wjpglarge_zps08c50b33.jpg~original

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
First Affleck and now this. This movie is going places. Bad places. I can't wait to witness this mess.

Penguin

I won't say much until I actually start seeing stuff from the movie.

I'm sure the first major test will be Wonder Woman and Batman's costumes.

Subitai

I wouldn't mind her not having the look if she was a better actor and would make people take the characters seriously. It is just really disappointing given that they dug deep and found someone so great for Faora. I thought they could have done it again and been able to keep costs down. This feels like they were trying to get someone who could bring box office name recognition with minimal cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom