• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galak-Z dev: The PS4 controller (& Touchpad) will work on PC natively via USB

Amir0x

Banned
Damn, they're even gonna get the PC crowd fighting over which console has a better controller.

I don't like the stick placement on the DualShock, but that Touchpad sounds tempting.

If mouse move can be mapped to the touchpad on the PC, *swoon*

Cartman86

Banned
Yeah getting that touchpad working will go a long way to make using a controller for games that don't quite have full controller support so much better. Being able to click to that stupid launcher for Borderlands etc.

pushBAK

Tweeted Shu here's what I got back from him;

ztcKn1v.png

https://twitter.com/we_all_in/status/376090837920120833

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Some kind of Gaiki PS on PC service incoming?

This makes the future look really bright. Personally, I look forward to getting a second DS4, tethering it to my Laptop, and then leaving it HDMI'd to my TV.

sunnz

Damn, they're even gonna get the PC crowd fighting over which console has a better controller.

I don't like the stick placement on the DualShock, but that Touchpad sounds tempting.

1 hour and 30 minutes or maybe 1 hour is how much time I think it will take you and others like you to get used to the different stick placement of the PS controllers.

Unlike the ps3, the sticks are further apart and since the grip is also larger/ longer, your thumbs would be in a more comfortable position.

Nabs

I wanted to snatch up an X1 pad, but Microsoft continues to be Microsoft. I may have to pick up a DS4 if this all pans out.

masterkajo

Well since I currently use a DS3 with my PC if the DS4 will work over bluetooth too I will happily upgrade, thanks Sony! :D

Same here. And if the touchpad acts like a laptop touchpad we have the ultimate gaming controller right there. Actually excited about this now. Maybe I should pre-order a DS4?

Soulstar

Do any PC games include DualShock integration with the appropriate button prompts? Like maybe DC Universe or FFXIV? I hope this can become a common thing, at least for games that are also on PS4.

Phantasy Star Online 2 has DualShock button prompts.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Do any PC games include DualShock integration with the appropriate button prompts? Like maybe DC Universe or FFXIV? I hope this can become a common thing, at least for games that are also on PS4.
My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I wanna say DCUO had it prelaunch but switched to generic icons that match the 360 controller color scheme when it officially launched.

Phantasy Star Online 2 has DualShock button prompts.
Yeah that was a pleasant surprise I didn't expect. It also has a 360 controller icon set and a generic set. I wish more games would do that.

Jiraiza

Well, time to pre-order the DS4. Wasn't planning on buying the PS4 this year so I'll just get the controller for now!

velociraptor

The thing I love about the 360 controller is the fact I can play all PC games without any effort.

If the PS4 controller offers that kind of functionality, it will be my go to game pad for the PC.

Orayn

The thing I love about the 360 controller is the fact I can play all PC games without any effort.

If the PS4 controller offers that kind of functionality, it will be my go to game pad for the PC.

It will if someone makes a wrapper that effectively turns it into a 360 controller as far as games are concerned.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The touchpad on this thing still seems functionally borderline useless to me. It's way too small.

it's the same size as the touchpad on Logitech K400, other mini keyboard and notepads have smaller touchpads and they work just fine (really, go try them) you don't need a big one.

ElfArmy177

1000000$ says dolphin will support it so you can use the touch pad inplace of motion controls and the gyroscopes for motion also. I'd love to use it to play dolphin Wii games

HHNNNGG at the touchpad working. Basically means you get to switch between PC games without having to put the controller down and whip out a mouse/keyboard. Especially great for couch-TV-as-monitor setups.

Triggers are "buttons". He probably means touch pad will not be supported seeing as PC games don't support them as far as I know.

You're right, the reply just threw me off for a moment.

Good to know it's supported on PC. Can't wait to try it out and see just how good/improved it really is.

That reply is depressingly ...plain. Does not give off a great sense of confidence. He's probably talking about it working as a "generic usb controller", rather than using it with a driver that enables bluetooth connectivity, as well as rumble and touchpad capabilities.

So yeah....hype dead for now

Azure J

>Preorders a last second Playstation 4 w/2 controller bundle in August because it was the only one available.

>Now gets two perfectly functioning PC controllers as well.

gacd0449f.png

So good.

They really need to start clearing some more of this stuff up. The thing launches next month. No need to hold back info any more. C'mon.

That reply is depressingly ...plain. Does not give off a great sense of confidence. He's probably talking about it working as a "generic usb controller", rather than using it with a driver that enables bluetooth connectivity, as well as rumble and touchpad capabilities.

It's a given that someone will write a driver for it.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?

What? Have you ever seen a Yoshida-san Twitter Question Answer? We usually get a yes or no. This is roughly 6 times more answer than we're used to.

Top Bottom