• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galak-Z: The Dimensional |OT| Macross the Universe

nib95

Banned
Also, for a potential future endless/arena/score/horde/etc DLC mode, I want to hear your thoughts!! What other games have done it right? What would keep you playing GALAK-Z day in and day out even after you've completed the entire campaign? WE WANT TO KNOW!! Thank you!!

Do it. A horde and survival mode I think would fit this game really well, and allow us to push that extra competitive edge in comparing scores, seeing how long we can all last etc. I'm sure it'd make for some really tense gameplay moments as well. I know it'd certainly keep me coming back for more, just to give it a blitz every now and again to see how far I could get each time.

Tunavi

Banned
Also, holy shit at my 2-5 run. I had 8 crash coins and died at the boss. Fuck! So I used my 5, got my shit like a sitting duck, got 2 crash coins on my way to the boss. Died again. Fuck!! Used my last 5 coins, got my shit, fucked the boss UP! He was dead within a minute.

But then I had like 6 mechs waiting for me At the warp! Fuck!!! I almost died but I lured them away and snuck my way back to the warp quietly.

Phew.

Also, for a potential future endless/arena/score/horde/etc DLC mode, I want to hear your thoughts!! What other games have done it right? What would keep you playing GALAK-Z day in and day out even after you've completed the entire campaign? WE WANT TO KNOW!! Thank you!!

I'd be interested in a arcade/endless/true roguelike mode. Basically, since the levels and objectives are already randomly generated, just string and "endless" amount of stages together with ever increasing difficulty.

As for longevity, there should be in-game challenges with rewards. Binding of Isaac and Crypt of the Necrodancer are two games that do this extremely well.

nib95

Banned
Also, holy shit at my 2-5 run. I had 8 crash coins and died at the boss. Fuck! So I used my 5, got my shit like a sitting duck, got 2 crash coins on my way to the boss. Died again. Fuck!! Used my last 5 coins, got my shit, fucked the boss UP! He was dead within a minute.

But then I had like 6 mechs waiting for me At the warp! Fuck!!! I almost died but I lured them away and snuck my way back to the warp quietly.

Phew.

That sounds tense hell lol. Grats on getting it finished though.

Kensuke

Got the patch in the EU, but the patch notes on PS4 still only show 1.02. Is the Can't Touch This trophy fixed? It's still at 0.0%.

Edit: Completed a mission without getting hit and it didn't unlock. :/

danowat

Banned
Endless mode is pretty much already there, but the devs could add a "single life, no shield upgrade, no health upgrade, hardcore, start at season one and see how far you can get", mode.

A PvP arena mode would be great, as would a single and / or co-op Horde / Survival mode.

Leaderboards and scoreboards would be nice, maybe some kind of time attack, score as much as you can, mode with a pre-determined loadout (maybe changes daily / weekly)?

Possibilities are endless really.......

Drencrom

Just do these and the game is pure gold:

Survival Wave mode please. Like halo odsts firefight. Local coop would be nice too. Online if feasible. Leveling up with powerups after each wave.

I'd be interested in a arcade/endless/true roguelike mode. Basically, since the levels and objectives are already randomly generated, just string and "endless" amount of stages together with ever increasing difficulty.

As for longevity, there should be in-game challenges with rewards. Binding of Isaac and Crypt of the Necrodancer are two games that do this extremely well.

Also, adding more pick-up powers and enemies would be a great addition to the campaign and these endless/survival mode.

Jolkien

I'm working on season 3. Got killed during episode 4 by a sword white mech flying super fast. Not sure how to beat that. Never saw how to perfect parry. Does it work only against other mech using sword ?

danowat

Banned
I'm working on season 3. Got killed during episode 4 by a sword white mech flying super fast. Not sure how to beat that. Never saw how to perfect parry. Does it work only against other mech using sword ?

Boost / Juke or Slide / Boost / Juke is a decent technique for deal with mechs (if you don't fancy playing as a mech)

MrS

Banned
Finished the first episode without knowing how to grab enemies. Can you even grab enemies in the first episode? How do I grab enemies?!

The game is good fun. Took me about an hour to get a handle on the controls but I'm enjoying it!

Liethe

Finished the first episode without knowing how to grab enemies. Can you even grab enemies in the first episode? How do I grab enemies?!

The game is good fun. Took me about an hour to get a handle on the controls but I'm enjoying it!
Nope, you gain the ability to do that in the second season.

I don't know if this should be fixed but I found it a little annoying that when you have Charge Shot + Huge Blast the hitbox on your projectiles becomes so big you can't fire ahead when the back of your ship is too close to a wall. Almost got me killed a few times.

Also, if you have Plasma Core on that set-up the fire trail seems to lag too far behind the bullet. Makes it look a little off.

Bleep

Spelunky kept me playing for months on end with its leaderboards, then even longer once they added in daily challenges. Putting in leaderboards for each season would give players a reason to go back and replay what they have already finished. A well thought out scoring system would be very important in making this work, if it becomes tedious to get a high score or if scoring exploits are found, the leaderboards would become a bit meaningless. I think reinforcing the quality of what is already in place would be smarter than adding in something like a horde mode, at least to start with.

Boss rush. Go full Gradius.

Lemnisc8

I find when using a mech that grapple is way too much of a risk. Whenever I grapple and throw an enemy (as in, it didn't break free), the second I throw them away they shoot me. It makes grappling enemies WAY too much of a risk for me. Other than using environmentals and single enemies, I tend to stick with my trusty ship.

Is there something I'm missing? The shield doesn't activate quickly enough it seems. Litterally the second I throw, I take damage. Not all the time, but enough for me to say, "well I can avoid that altogether by just blasting them to pieces".

Other times my shield does come out quick enough. Maybe it would be nice to prevent the enemy from shooting for 0.25-0.5s after being thrown by a grapple, because currently you can take damage the second you release (i had my finger on the shield button before releasing and I took damage).

It's a shame as I'd love to use the mech more.

Is it just me?

(Note, this is like season 3 onwards, I don't think previous seasons are aggressive enough for this issue, the shield has always come out in time before they shoot - the poor fools).

Endless waves of ever increasing difficulty. 5 waves per "set", with infinite sets. Start with a wave of imperials. Tiny ships with pea shooters. Wave 2 is Raiders, wave 3 the bugs. Wave 4 is all mixed together (the "carnage" wave, and wave 5 is completely random so you never know what's coming for the final wave of the set.

Each 5 wave set (to keep with the 5 episode season theme) increases the number of enemies, and starts to add the other classes of ship, keeping with the pattern. It would get harder and harder with the enemy ships increasing in rank and aggressiveness as you progressed.

You pick up salvage as normal and spend it in the shop after every wave (not every set) this will give tactical players the ability to "set up" for the next wave (...untill the dreaded random wave!). Every 2 sets of 5 waves is a mini-boss wave with a random "cool PERMANENT unlock", I'm thinking.... ship colour = bragging rights...?

Add ship upgrade rewards at whatever milestones or random crates and a leader board and your golden, and I'd play the game forever.

Oh, also 2 modes, "open" this would have no structure in the level. It's you, space, the asteroids and the enemies. Tweak size to taste. Then obviously the close quarters one. Locked in a random structure (i.e. cannot escape out into space when it gets hot!). That adds even more replay value.

Allow quitting and the saving of progress after every wave or set. I wouldn't like to lose a record run because of real life getting in the way, although save scumming could present an issue. I'm sure it could work out somehow.

Also in the wave, if you haven't been in combat for 20 seconds you get a waypoint to the nearest enemy - prevents that frustration of trying to find that last enemy hiding somewhere for ten mins.

That's my rough vision anyway haha!

SerTapTap

Are there any other laser type "combos"? Like I said before precision muzzle/huge blast/charge shot creates an explosive AOE pellet...that unfortunately is worse than useless because it deals way less damage than huge blast + charge shot and is far more likely to hurt you than multiple enemies (it also does more than one damage to yourself!)

I love the idea of combo/synergy stuff like that but I got to say that one is absolutely terribly thought out. The AOE in no way justifies the drawbacks. The self-damage alone is enough to sink it, making it deal super low damage is just insulting.

Actually, a proper scoring system combined with different types of leaderboards for each mission would hook me.

Proc gen + score = nightmare. They'd have to have fixed daily seeds or something like Spelunky, but that'd be okay I guess. Doesn't really feel like a high score game to me though. It's so fiddly and complicated to control. You never lose score in shmups because of weird shit the AI does.

Health and shield upgrades are only temporary!

Not quite true, there are "heal health" items in the shop, "disposable" health and shields, and permanent max shield/health upgrades. The "real" health/shield upgrades are very rare, especially the shield one, because they're much better. If you can get + 1 real shield +2 overcharge shields you're in a pretty great position.

I find when using a mech that grapple is way too much of a risk.

The throw is crazy risky for a variety of reasons. Biggest one IMO is how it weirdly constricts your movement and can be really slow if your movement is distant and at an angle as the mech stops to rotate. If it were a freer movement I'd use it more, but as it stands it's basically the only input that majorly restricts your movement so I avoid it. I used the mech a lot in season 3 but I'm back to ship only 90% of the time.

The mech is mostly only good against specific enemies, indoors, when you have no laser upgrades or when you have multiple Saber upgrades (+1 sword damage, stun sword, +100% charge slash damage).

Lemnisc8

I'd have to agree with your comments on the grapple too Tap Tap (Sir), I find the constrictive move annoying when there's a lot going on, which also messes up your boost path and all sorts.

Went back to season 1 and went 100% mech just for teh Lolz.

I'm not really finding many combos other than the ones already stated, but I reckon there will be a scatter muzzle combo somewhere.

Also what I wanted to add... A lot of 80s games had cheatcodes. I find cheats to be really fun when you've completed everything, I'm surprised there aren't any in this game. I know its a rogue-lite and cheats don't fit in with that, but disable achievements and then you can't use the cheat to cheat, but have fun. God mode, all unlocks etc. Would also help us find combos that we like.

Zocano

I'm always a sucker for Bloody Palace/Angel Slayer archetype "horde" modes from DMC and Bayonetta respectively. Exceptionally difficult and brutal but the downside to that is that in those cases, they are literally hand crafted dozens and dozens of fights. It's not necessarily complex, I would say, if you're familiar with them? They all take place in a small circular static arena (through the entire thing) but you move to a new instance with a different grouping of enemies. I feel like that could work well with Galak-Z where you are just dumped into open space with asteroids for filler and then the assorted pre-placed enemies. That lets you create unique groupings of enemies that test certain types of playstyle or lean on a certain difficulty. I forget the enemy type name but the ones that are super shield heavy but low health enemies, a handful of those in a single "floor" can be difficult to fight and challenging in their own way.

Basically DMC, Bayonetta, Wonderful 101 are the kings when it comes to this type of horde mode. I prefer that over the more randomly generated mob horde mode that you see (like Gears Horde mode or Firefight from ODST).

It has its upsides and downsides. For me the biggest downside would beg that it may be tedious to "redo" because you would just start all the way at the beginning on failure. The ramp up in difficult is different in each game and the starts of some of these modes can become monotonous once mastered. At least with Wonderful 101's Operation 101, they checkpoint you after every 10 floors or so (of 50). It still must be completed in one sitting but that let's you redo if you happen to mess up at like floor 43.

I know some would prefer the more random horde mode because it can be endlessly different (as far as randomization can go) but with the unique enemy types and potential for even more, you can create fun and challenging premade encounters.

If I remember correctly, you can choose to start "further up" in the checkpoints in Bayonetta's Angel Slayer. So after the first set of 10 (that culminates in a boss fight), you get the checkpoint like in Wonderful 101 but can choose to start at Floor 11 whenever you want. That style could let you be more modular as well and put out harder and harder sets of floors if you happen to want to add more.

I honestly think boss two is the hardest single moment of the game. Boss 3 only compares if you screw up/don't know what's happening (it IS a kind of scary boss) and boss 4 can be played fairly safe as long as you don't have only short range weapons and good movement speed. Multiple enemy mechs can be pretty hairy though. For the most part difficulty is small mistakes that add up over an episode/season.

While I like the idea of the Boss of 4-5, I'm disappointed that the "keep him off screen and just shoot" tactic worked too well. I feel the problem could be easily solved if they just extended his firing tracking ranges waaaaaaay farther. Like obscenely far. I liked that it turned into a shmup bullet-hell game when you kept him on screen but it was too easy to just stay out range and pepper him. Feel like it would have kept its intensity if his drop off was way farther.

Also secret 2nd phase mech form woulda been great

baconcow

Here is my take on some potential additional modes for GALAK-Z: The Dimensional. I noticed many of these ideas have been mentioned, but I had some ideas written down, in detail, so I figured I would post them.

Survival - Endless Season
Survival - Endless Season would consist of going continuously through levels in a similar layout to the current story mode. However, instead of being a specific set of episodes, it could continue forever (or within reason). There could be a random boss every five levels (although . As the levels go on, the enemies become more difficult (higher health, more damage, etc.). Eventually, the player would have all of the games updates maxed out. At some point, due to the health and damage capability of the enemies, defeating them and surviving enemies will require great skill at this game. Upgrades that level up the player’s current abilities, could be added to this mode (i.e. level 2, 3, 4 versions of specific abilities). These upgrades would have to be balanced so that the player does not become too overpowered, but still enough that they are not unfairly left behind by the random nature of upgrade drops and health/damage creep of the enemies. This mode would be similar to the Tower of Mirage in Dragon’s Crown. Leaderboards would be included and would be included to show the player’s high score and the corresponding level that they went to (i.e. Level 15-4).

Options:
- Shields: On, Off
- Vehicle: Ship & mech, Ship only, Mech only

Survival - Waves
Survival - Waves would consist of endless waves of a variety random enemies or increasing difficulty (eventually going beyond those available in the current game, similar to that outlined in Endless Season). Groups of enemies would spawn and, once all of them were killed, more would spawn. Enemies may be of rival factions/types. Upgrades could be, as an option, handled in the same way outlined in Endless Season. After every 5 waves, bosses could be sent to fight a player. Survival mode would take place in a single random environment. This environment could consist of either a large open area (with asteroids and a boundary), an arena stage with areas for enemies to spawn and random areas on the outer edges (for the player to high amount), or a single-area random environment similar to those found in the story mode of the game. Leaderboards would include time, score, and last wave completed (i.e. 37). Score could be measured based on specific wave time bonuses, combos (killing enemies in quick succession), and style (ship, mech, and weapon variation).

Options:

Survival - Objective Attack
Objective attack would consist of the player having an initial time that counts down. The player must quickly complete objectives in order to add more time to their clock. Killing enemies/bosses (including those killed by other enemies) would also add more time to their clock. Objectives become more difficult and/or (depending on how this mode is balanced) the time provided by completing them becomes shorter, over time. Leaderboards would include amount of completed objectives and total time. Environments could either be random or arena style.

Time Attack - Chapters & Episodes
Time attack would consist of playing each of the game’s chapters either separately or in succession. Leaderboards would include the player’s total time. If played in succession, chapter times would still be added to their respective leaderboards. Players can retry, if desired. This will add additional time to their total. There could be an option of giving the player automatic item respawn (like when spending crash coins). This would result in two leaderboard entries (with and without respawn).

Time Attack - Boss Rush
Boss rush would consist of being in a randomly-generated environment and being placed against the selected boss or all of them in either random order or story sequence. The environment would be consistent of various random enemies of varying factions. Each of the bosses would be fought one at a time. The goal of this mode would be to kill all of the bosses. While other smaller enemies would be present and could be used to aid in combat against the boss, kills of them would only give the player salvage. Bosses would also result in salvage for the player. Random power-ups and a shop would be found in the boss area, if necessary. Enemies would periodically respawn to refill the numbers of those that are killed, to ensure the area does not become empty and that the player has an adequate amount of salvage to buy necessary upgrades. All upgrades would be unlocked, locked, or off, depending on the chosen selection. If locked, the player would need to find random upgrades to add them to the shop. Leaderboards would include the player’s total time. Boss rush could also have selectable options of playing with or without shields, and as only the ship, mech, or both.

Options:
- Upgrades: Unlocked, Locked, Off
- Bosses: All, Specific

Legacy Mode
This mode would be a modified mode where a hub region is connected to five other surrounding regions, each containing five additional levels (similar to the how story mode is set up). Each of these regions could be of similar layout found in the story campaign, but with their difficulty and salvage amounts slightly increased/modified to account for this game type. The only exception is that you can return to the main hub region after completing one of the five branching sets of five connecting levels. When you die, you bring with you the salvage and upgrades that that you collected to the main ship. As upgrades are purchased, they remain purchased for all future runs. On death, the regions become This mode would play similar to Rogue Legacy, with less backtracking as you can only go forward through the levels, with the exception of returning to the main hub when a set of five levels are completed. There could be a portal at the end of each area level, allowing return to the hub. The player would then be able to return to the next level of the region, when re-entered. When all five area bosses are beaten, you are returned to the main hub where a portal is unlocked. Here you can enter and fight a 6th boss. Beating this boss ends Legacy Mode and provides Legacy+ (and ++, and so forth). Difficulty would require balancing for Legacy Mode+ and beyond, similarly to that described in Survival – Endless Season. This game would still require an entire season to be beaten at once (in order to complete the boss). However, as purchased upgrades would persist, the game would likely be less difficult than the current season modes. Also, the player could tackle the different seasons in random orders.

Custom Combat
Custom combat would be similar to Endless Season, or Waves, but with custom parameters to allow the player more customizability. This mode would not include leaderboards.

Options:
- Game type: Endless Season, Waves
- Difficulty Selection: Easy, Normal, Hard, Progressive (begins easy, then medium, ends hard)
- Weapon layout: Default/Unlocked, Random/Locked
- Available enemy type (check boxes, incl. All, Random)
- Available power-ups (check boxes, incl. All, Random)
- Available upgrades (check boxes, incl. All, Random)

Multiplayer - Co-op
Co-op would consist of two-player versions of Story (current main mode), Survival – Endless Season, Survival – Waves, Time Attack – Chapters & Episodes, and Time Attack - Boss Rush.
PVP
- Counter Hunt: One player plays as the ship & mech, and the other player plays as one of the enemies spawned within the region. There is fog of war and the player who controls the enemies could change to another enemy (with a cool-down so it is not abused). This mode would be similar to Counter Terrorist Hunt in Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear – Covert Operations.
- Ranked: This would be player vs. player direct combat with or without NPC enemies. This could be either 1 vs. 1, 2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, 4 vs. 4 (similar to Rocket League). This mode would have a player ranking (modified ELO) and leaderboards. Enemies could be either respawning or not.
- Unranked: This would be the same as ranked, but without a player ranking or leaderboards.

Intel_89

I've read that the devs said they were going to adress the slowdown issues that the game has, have they released that yet?

I really like what I see and I'll surely pick it up whenever I get my PS4.

Lemnisc8

I've read that the devs said they were going to adress the slowdown issues that the game has, have they released that yet?

I really like what I see and I'll surely pick it up whenever I get my PS4.

My framerate has been a little more stable, but the game does still hitch from time to time. In my case, nothing can be happening and it hitches. They are aware and trying to track it down.

My hats off the the dev on this game, as well as the support. They've been plugging away since release from all the feedback so I'm pretty confident it will all be fine in the end.

Beat season 4, not quite sure how. Lots of deaths and clutch moments. Can't really remember playing anything more difficult in quite a while. Isaac is hard, but at least you can easily become a god with Guppy etc. Here you're pretty much on your own.

There's quite a few upgrades I haven gotten yet and blueprints I haven't completed, but I guess the progression system includes season 5. Can't wait to see what they have planned for it. It's probably going to be hard as fuck.

An endless/survival mode would be amazing. Check out the survival mode in Resogun for some inspiration. I'm not that good at it, but it's fun as hell and keeps me coming back.

I also play Diablo III a lot because of how everything is randomly/procedurally generated. And because of the loot hunt. Adding a rift system like Diablo could be cool.

Basically, I can see it working in Galak-Z like this: enter an arena with each wave being increased in difficulty until you eventually get blown up or run out of time. You get some special type of Crash Coin that allows you to open a wormhole to a special mission with a special difficulty based on how you did in the previous arena. Once/if you defeat the mission in the wormhole, you can test your luck to go further or cash in and get a blueprint for future use. Rinse, repeat.

Adding more ship upgrades, maybe ship designs that limit the amount of upgrades that can be installed, but boost the capabilities that it does have access to could be a cool way of adding customization. An example being a ship design that's a different color scheme and has no access to muzzles or bullet types but triples firing rate or something like that. It would potentially infuence people to try different ships and upgrade paths to maximize their scores in an endless/survival/rift mode, as well as attempt to create new playstyles.

I've obviously got NO CLUE if any of this is even possible but I feel like they're interesting ideas that keep that rouguelike/lite style alive.

BSpot

A horde mode in general. (Endless waves and also maybe 10 rounds fixed.)

Online CO Op for said horde mode.

Lots more interesting, weird variety in pickups/skills/weapons to unlock in said modes. (So you're like, "oh shit, what the heck is THAT I just got?!" And also "Holy crap I wanna keep playing to unlock all these weird items!"

Lombax

Banned
Made it past season 1 over the weekend, then proceeded to get demolished in season 2. I just need to keep at it and get better with the controls.

Brutal but wonderful game.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
There's quite a few upgrades I haven gotten yet and blueprints I haven't completed, but I guess the progression system includes season 5. Can't wait to see what they have planned for it. It's probably going to be hard as fuck.
I was going to ask about this. I've just started screwing around in season 4 and I'm not seeing any blueprints. Looking at the database, I'm still missing three items.

The End

Endless mode would be awesome!

Also, maybe a daily challenge mode (fixed loadout/enemies/level layout) with a leaderboard would be awesome.

I was going to ask about this. I've just started screwing around in season 4 and I'm not seeing any blueprints. Looking at the database, I'm still missing three items.

I was still finding new blueprints so I don't know if some items are locked to season 5. I'm not going to worry about it for now until it's out. I guess jkooXL (dev) could answer that question, though.

BSpot

jkooXL: Potential new bug? I grappled a ship and threw it and then proceeded to not touch O again but I kept grappling at things over and over about 10 times, grabbing and throwing. It eventually stopped. Was a little challenging because I was trying to beat a hasty retreat.

I guess I could also report a bug that I've only seen after the latest patch.

Enemies are spawning in walls quite often (once every two stages I'd say), they can move around freely but not see me and I couldn't attack them.

BSpot

Enemies are spawning in walls quite often (once every two stages I'd say), they can move around freely but not see me and I couldn't attack them.

is that what that rapid banging I just heard was?

I saw this too.

I also faced an invincible enemy. It was one of those small saucer like ships and no matter what I threw at it it wouldn't go down. I don't know if this is new.

BSpot

Yeah, my problem today is I keep dying because my dude gets stuck grappling over and over. And nothing worse than trying to flee 2 giant raider ships when you keep pulling them towards you. :\

yami4ct

Finally beat Season 2. Got to the boss pretty early on, got killed and then proceeded to enter a hell of dumb deaths and restarts. Anytime I get into a situation with 2+ Sentinels (or whatever those big guys are called), I choke or something really dumb happens and I die. Once I got to the boss and found out you can take out the turrets, it was cake. Take out the turrets and dash around him and pelt him with missiles to death.

Really adore how this game looks and plays. I do have a few problems that keep my from absolutely loving the game, though. First of all, it's really buggy. I've had at least 3 crashes that've sent me back to the beginning of the season. Once was even right before the boss of Season 1. It sucked. Then you've got the frame rate and hitching issues that are occasionally bad enough to cause me to die.

My second problem is structurally, the game doesn't really do a good job of making me feel like I'm making progress. I don't mind being reset to the beginning of the season, but the upgrades just feel like play style choices and not real upgrades. That also makes it a problem when the upgrades that fit your style don't drop or show in the store. It can screw a run up really quickly. Every time I see a slot taken up by Burst Fire, I die a little inside. Maybe it's just RNG as well, but I feel like drops are structured against the player. Low on health? Stop seeing supply crates and what ones are there drop missiles instead. Start using missiles a lot? All of a sudden enemies stop dropping them.

Finally, I think the dialogue is really bad, and not in an intentional fun way. It doesn't feel like the style of anime it's trying to emulate, nor does it feel like a dub of that. It's just really overly referential in a way that feels cheap, not fun. I don't find lifting lines out of other media like "I thought they smelled bad on the outside" to be endearing. I just find it makes me roll my eyes.

I really like the game a lot overall, but I feel like these issues are keeping me from really feeling like it's top tier. I'm going to keep playing and am going to finish it, but there are definitely stuff I would like to see improved in future games.

SerTapTap

All of the ship ability things are upgrades for sure, but many laser parts need buffs. The incredibly short range of the wide puzzle is CRAZY cripling due to how major it can be to play it safe. The precision muzzle requires you to be PERFECTLY accurate and it's still weaker than normal shots DPS-wise best I can tell, pretty awful. Same for double shot, the low fire rate just kills the DPS when you'd be hitting 2+ times more often with stock shots. The 3 way burst shots seem okay at least, but autofire and charge fire seem to be by far the best. Piece/bounce are fun but minor. Fire is terrible. Ice is amazing.

While I like the idea of the Boss of 4-5, I'm disappointed that the "keep him off screen and just shoot" tactic worked too well. I feel the problem could be easily solved if they just extended his firing tracking ranges waaaaaaay farther. Like obscenely far. I liked that it turned into a shmup bullet-hell game when you kept him on screen but it was too easy to just stay out range and pepper him. Feel like it would have kept its intensity if his drop off was way farther.

Also secret 2nd phase mech form woulda been great

Yeah, keeping your distance is too easy, all the other bosses were designed to prevent that. I think the missiles were probably part of that? But they're not really enough. Still a fun fight IMO but season 4 is definitely way harder than the season 4 boss.

Zocano

Yeah, keeping your distance is too easy, all the other bosses were designed to prevent that. I think the missiles were probably part of that? But they're not really enough. Still a fun fight IMO but season 4 is definitely way harder than the season 4 boss.

Is it wrong if I say while playing Season 4 that I thought I accidentally had Season 2 queued up somehow...

cause I thought it went by too easily x:

SerTapTap

Is it wrong if I say while playing Season 4 that I thought I accidentally had Season 2 queued up somehow...

cause I thought it went by too easily x:

It depends a great deal on what missions and enemies you get. The Kill The Bugs missions are pretty much always a joke, but the Captain level enemies, especially Hammerheads can be a real pain if you get a few at once.

Zocano

WatchOutWeGotABadAssOverHere.gif

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Beat the whole thing without dying once

Yeah, keeping your distance is too easy,

I felt this was a general problem across most enemies. They can follow you well, they just don't follow you fast enough. It's why the raider that get in your face and dash at you are amongst the most dangerous (alongside the mechs). In general I feel like there needed to be a really dangerous long range enemy type. Like a slow locking missles enemy type that you'd have to use cover to avoid (keeping asteroids in between you and it until you close the distance). Or just a straight up sniper ship. I know the big light blue imperial ships had that laser gun but I felt more enemies coulda used it (and for a much much longer range).

SerTapTap

There are a few ships that can (but often don't) keep up with you even with speed upgrades and max reverse thrust--imperial hammerheads and mechs seem able to do it. seem able to do it. It's extremely annoying and dangerous when it happens and I'm kind of glad it doesn't happen more often.

Zocano

There are a few ships that can (but often don't) keep up with you even with speed upgrades and max reverse thrust--imperial hammerheads and mechs seem able to do it. seem able to do it. It's extremely annoying and dangerous when it happens and I'm kind of glad it doesn't happen more often.

They are definitely the most dangerous enemy types, I just wish there were more long range supports to back them up. They are still mostly manageable on their own.

Top Bottom