• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Developer's Conference 2013 (GDC) March 25th - 29th

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Expo floor not yet open i believe

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lol
Im here and i havent read the schedule yet

battlefield is there

Battlefield-4-tank-600x450.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Really excited for the Destiny presentation on Thursday.

Thorgal

Oh,how i wish i was a fly on the wall right now for that Ps4 block.

on the other hand ,perhaps better not.
id have to staple my mouth shut afterwards to prevent me from spilling the beans and have sony ninjas chop me into confetti.

Amir0x

Banned

I think it's just basically fluff for their panel, "Nintendo Wii U Application Development with HTML and JavaScript".

The development environment for Nintendo consoles has historically been limited to programming languages such as C and C++, which can yield high performance, but also require longer development cycles. Technologies such as HTML and JavaScript have empowered a whole new wave of developers who have previously been excluded from Nintendo console development - until now! This session will introduce a new way of rapidly developing Wii U applications that takes full advantage of unique Wii U features, while significantly reducing development times.

And this guy is in it

Speakers
Ryan Lynd | Senior Software Engineer, Nintendo of America
A native of Redmond, WA, Lynd has been working as a professional Web developer since 2000. His engineering expertise is in Web-based technologies like HTML, JavaScript, and ActionScript. Lynd joined Nintendo of America in 2008, first as a contractor, and then as a full-time employee. He currently serves as the API architect for the Nintendo Web Framework, and manages a small team of HTML web application developers.

apparently discussing rapid development of Wii U applications with a specific focus on online apps

I think it's just basically fluff for their panel, "Nintendo Wii U Application Development with HTML and JavaScript".

And this guy is in it

apparently discussing rapid development of Wii U applications with a specific focus on online apps

Aye, sounds like it. This is the stuff Google Street U is built with, iirc.

Biggzy

And this guy is in it

First thing that came to my mind.

wsippel

Banned
I wouldn't say it's fluff, it's a promotion for a new SDK based on web technology. Certainly a cool thing for certain apps (video on demand platforms and such) and prototyping, good enough for complete games like visual novels (maybe more, if there's WebGL support), but it would be extremely cool if it enabled developers to create custom, game specific Miiverse extensions: Leaderboards, achievements, profiles, distribution of user generated content and such.

Amir0x

Banned
I wouldn't say it's fluff, it's a promotion for a new SDK based on web technology. Certainly a cool thing for certain apps (video on demand platforms and such) and prototyping, good enough for complete games like visual novels (maybe more, if there's WebGL support), but it would be extremely cool if it enabled developers to create custom, game specific Miiverse extensions: Leaderboards, achievements, profiles, distribution of user generated content and such.

Didn't mean fluff as in 'not important', I just meant it's background for this speech, not as if it's for some new announcement nobody knows about.

Fersis

AMD has arcades cabinets here

onQ123

AMD has arcades cabinets here

seems like a smart thing to do now that the PS4 & Xbox 3 will be using AMD chips they should get people like Sega to use the AMD Arcades for their new Arcade games so they can be ported to the home consoles with ease.

Is Sony Online Entertainment there? With these new announcements and stuff I am kind of wishing they would announce something, more specifically a new field commander for vita and especially Planetside 2 for PS4.

Top Bottom