• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

Chao

Having played Dead Rising a thousand times, I was at the edge of my seat and screaming "Just run, you're going to get wrecked!" at the screen when Arin tried to beat the psychos in the jeep with a shitty weapon at level 5 or something like that.

And then trying to save the girl with the fucking toy sword, ignoring Danny's indications on how the toy sword doesn't really do shit.

Also, he never uses the powerful attack (hold x for a fraction of a second) with any of the weapons.

I swear he does this shit on purpose to tease everyone and make it more fun. Maybe.

bobawesome

Dan singing a bit of Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial) on the show is something I never expected to happen but it put a smile on my face.

I forgot Game Grumps were still a thing. Tell me, is Egoraptor still not making new animations or is he too busy presenting obvious game design ideals as these major revelations.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I like Barry and all but it seems to depend on the situation. When he and Suzy did some episodes together a while ago it was almost unbearable because the joke they came up with, "Bip and Bop" was stupid and they ran it into the ground. But I still like the guy.

Brian is awesome though. The first 3 minutes of the first Dr. Mario episode were them all fighting over which music* to choose. I'll be sad when Brian's episodes are over. Hopefully he does a lot more when he can.

Fever is the best. #TeamArin #TeamFever

the impossible creatures ep is HILARIOUS :D

OMG this game is amazing :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Vz5RlUSkA

x6TGeJy.jpg

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Wow, Brian was promoted to regular series star it appears. I wonder if he'll be in more in the future.

Also can you please put that image in quotes? It's too big. Edit: Thanks!

Edit: Awesome Hitchhiker's Guide. And it's not a one-off it seems. I hope they finish this. Shame they never turned the game into a point and click adventure game like the Quest games but this version is nice.

Wow, Brian was promoted to regular series star it appears. I wonder if he'll be in more in the future.

Also can you please put that image in quotes? It's too big. Edit: Thanks!

Edit: Awesome Hitchhiker's Guide. And it's not a one-off it seems. I hope they finish this. Shame they never turned the game into a point and click adventure game like the Quest games but this version is nice.

I'm actually happy they're doing it. I'm guessing Brian suggested it, so that automatically makes Brian the best member in my eyes.

neshcom

Banned
I've liked Brian in the one-offs, but I couldn't make it through that last Hitchhiker's episode. We get it, you know Hitchhiker's Guide up and down. I'm not typically of the "just play the game" mind, especially with Grumps, but them not playing the game is just Brian arguing about pronouncing a word or berating Ross for not knowing the series or patting himself on the back for remembering a small detail. I don't mean to attack him for being outspoken or anything, but it's frustrating that the game is derailed so often for the same self-satisfying things.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Oh god. The Grumpy Christmas video is amazing.

Ross said: "Eggnogs's great, oh wait you don't drink. I give up."

Last up was Brian, who offered perspective:
"Technically speaking, the holidays are a stressful time for many people so from a purely statistical standpoint, this makes sense. I have a PHD."

The syntax parser or w/e you call it seems very impressive in hitchhiker. Or maybe its just Barry is used to the game so he already knows what work and doesn't

LiK

I checked out their UnderTale LP. Best fucking thing on their channel right now. The voices were fantastic.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Interesting detail about how Danny was chosen to replace Jon in todays BloodBorne. Just the basic "If Jon ever got sick or wanted to leave the show I'd want Dan to replace him".

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Dans great. I prefer Dan waaaay much more than jontron. I wouldnt replace him for the world~
I love Jon and loved a lot of his stuff with the show back in the day, but yeah, Dan is just perfect for the job. Jon is good to do his own thing. I just wish they'd have him on occasionally as a guest. I think the whole period has passed where it would just cause problems. People are going to complain either way. Just bring him on next time you're all at MAGFest or PAX or something. It would literally blow up the internet.

Of course I'm still waiting for Jon to do a rematch with Super Mario Land. The classic one-off episode from back in the day where he got to world 4 and accidentally hit the button combination to reset the Super GameBoy was pure gold. I was disappointed and so happy at the same time when he did that.

Or how fucking amazing would be if he came back just to finish Super Mario Land 2. They did 5 episodes and no explanation as to why they gave up. Of course it was in an episode where Jon was talking about how he didn't have patience for games anymore. Except that it was like 6+ months before he left the show so obviously he still did.

I refuse to believe they haven't been talking about it in secret. The question is when it'll happen.

Diablo is good but also awkward. Ross is the spaciest he's ever been and Holly awkwardly starts singing and going off on random stuff. Makes sense why they're together.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I don't care for Diablo at all. The game or the playthrough. I'd rather they go back to HHGG or do some other games with Byron.

I don't care for Bloodborne either but at least Danny and Arin are making it hilarious to watch.

To be jones though I wish they'd start another Mario or Zelda or return to Link Between Worlds.

I don't care for Diablo at all. The game or the playthrough. I'd rather they go back to HHGG or do some other games with Byron.

I don't care for Bloodborne either but at least Danny and Arin are making it hilarious to watch.

To be jones though I wish they'd start another Mario or Zelda or return to Link Between Worlds.

You and i, we are mortal enemies. I'd like a longer break from the huge amount of Link and Mario we've had on recently. Give me some one-offs or Versus or ANYTHING else.

Top Bottom